What Keeps a Relationship?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sophi3

My ex says difference between platonic and lovers is the sex. For me it was optional. Maybe i wasnt enough for him to meet his needs i dont know.
What keeps a relationship?

Oct 31, 2011
My ex says difference between platonic and lovers is the sex. For me it was optional. Maybe i wasnt enough for him to meet his needs i dont know.
God keeps a relationship. People who live in the real world, the world that is complete and as God made it, have both a spiritual and physical dimension. So does a marriage.

The bible explains it in the words "the two become one". That plays out in all of the life the couple lives, from the bedroom to the breakfast table.

I was married to a man who was my opposite in many ways. He would go off with his sisters, even, for vacations and I would go to a retreat. I went backpacking and he went visiting. I went to the opera and he listened to country. But we still operated as one person, as one team working together for the family we created. When he died I married again to a man who was not a Christian, and we never managed to work together as a family.

We were privileged one year, to have a large retreat facility just for us for a week long extended family Christmas retreat. (My second husband had passed away) There were 22 people there, all products of Christian roots. Everyone was producing well in the world from engineers, nurses, teachers, executives, etc. All were happy, No live in's, no divorces, no troubled marriages. No little kids fighting. Wine with dinner was the extent of drinking, and not one cigarette, even, not even outside. No one sat in a corner being sad. It is remarkable what God can produce!

sandtigeress

Apr 29, 2013
I was married to a man who was my opposite in many ways. He would go off with his sisters, even, for vacations and I would go to a retreat. I went backpacking and he went visiting. I went to the opera and he listened to country. But we still operated as one person, as one team working together for the family we created.
Thank you, for showing, that that can work.

B

b15542

at the end of the day sex isnt everything you have to be able to trust and talk about what you both want and trust in god

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
-Living life in a way that is pleasing to God
-Love and respect for each other
-Trust and good communication
-Being faithful in your heart, mind, and your deeds
-Honoring each other

And so many other things. These are just a few that are important to me and my husband.

May 3, 2013
Your will and your OPTIONS can shape your will.

Be strong!

May 3, 2013
God keeps a relationship. (...) It is remarkable what God can produce!
Even peoples´ wills, their likes, their being at risk coming too close to those persons they don´t know (or misunderstood).

(I´m just saying you sorry for not knowing you, madam)

D

didymos

It takes 3 to make a relationship work... him, her and Him.

B

Bazman

Can we control our partner? Supposing one party leaves is the other held accountable? Hmmmm

N

nimbus3852

Men typically want multiple partners. For some, including your ex perhaps, it's a real struggle to maintain a monogamous relationship.

W

ww_21

From my experience: God's grace is what keeps the relationship going. Think about it, let's just imagine you have a perfect relationship, you both love eachother but you turn your back on God. You stop thanking him and stop worshiping him. This invites the devil into your relationship, he sees that you are not people of God so he thinks he can have his way. He brings conflict, temptations, lies, cheating and even other people into your relationship. If Your relationship was one that honored God there is no way Satan would stand a chance of ruining your relationship; it is never too late though, all you have to do is pray, pray, pray and God will solve your relationship issues if there are any or he will strengthen it and keep it going. God can restore what is broken and change it into something amazing all you need is faith.

Attachments

S

sophi3

Ive been thankful for our relationship and asked God to make it strong when we were together. Now i am praying for restoration if it is His will but so far God has been saying no. I feel so disheartened and am even thinking that I am stupid for still hoping that he change his mind to return to me.

C

chuinchoy

Mutual attraction keeps a relationship

B

Blackson

Love,trust, dependence, intimacy. In fact, satisfying sex is born from love. Sex seals the love not the other way round. Thus, sex without love is painful, disgusting and unsatisfying.