What part does prayer have in your life?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 21, 2014
Okay, so what sort of part does prayer have in your life and mine?

If we don't pray, we evidently don't have the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry 'Abba, Father' (Romans 8). No praying means no Christian experience.

I read that George Mueller prayed for someone's conversion for 60 years. Then the Lord answered his prayer and the person was indeed converted.

Let's be encouraged in persevering prayer, as by His grace we follow the Lord Jesus.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
.........just as easy to ask...... "What part does breathing have in my life.........."

(just saying)

:)

Honestly, IF I am awake, there is not an hour that goes past that I don't sCh_christianpray3[1].gif AT LEAST once.......

I just can't help but talk to God as much as possible

Feb 21, 2014
.........just as easy to ask...... "What part does breathing have in my life.........."

(just saying)

:)

Honestly, IF I am awake, there is not an hour that goes past that I don't View attachment 80215 AT LEAST once.......

I just can't help but talk to God as much as possible
Exactly.

Prayer is the Christian's vital breath.

We cry Abba, Father, because of the filial relationship, of which true, Spirit-led prayer is an expression.

Blessings.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I read that George Mueller prayed for someone's conversion for 60 years. Then the Lord answered his prayer and the person was indeed converted.

i have prayed for people for many years and seen them converted too! i can't describe the joy!!
one woman i knew as a teen, out of the blue some 15 years after the last time i'd seen her, called from a thousand miles away to tell me she'd been accepted Christ, and didn't know why but felt like she ought to tell me, though i had never "evangelized" to her.
if this has never happened to you, oh brother you can't understand the joy. so keep praying, and waiting; the LORD is faithful!

Feb 21, 2014

i have prayed for people for many years and seen them converted too! i can't describe the joy!!
one woman i knew as a teen, out of the blue some 15 years after the last time i'd seen her, called from a thousand miles away to tell me she'd been accepted Christ, and didn't know why but felt like she ought to tell me, though i had never "evangelized" to her.
if this has never happened to you, oh brother you can't understand the joy. so keep praying, and waiting; the LORD is faithful!
Exactly; perservering prayer is so important! :)

Blessings.

J

jjtj22

Because he bends down to listen,
I will pray as long as I have breath!
Psalm 116:2

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
Breathe in breathe out....pray.....breathe in breathe out ....pray....repeat....
Thats pretty much my whole day.......hahaha

Feb 21, 2014
Breathe in breathe out....pray.....breathe in breathe out ....pray....repeat....
Thats pretty much my whole day.......hahaha
Yes, prayer is the believer's vital breath. We cry Abba, Father (Romans 8)

T

Taith

The times I spend in real down on your knees prayer. Is in the morning and at night. And normally more randomly through each day. But in the morning and at night everything is the best to do real prayer. As things are not going full speed yet, and whatever else happens in your day.
Though I am not sure if it is considered prayer, But I TALK to God all through the day. I cannot go without Him. I need to feel His leading hand on my life or... it feels empty.
In fact, this morning I was talking with my boss about how some people cannot have a normal day without coffee. I cannot have a normal day without praying to God or reading my Bible. It is an addiction that I love. I seriously cannot do right until I spend that time with God.

Feb 21, 2014
"Much prayer, much blessing; some prayer, some blessing; little prayer, little blessing."

J

jjtj22

This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him. 1 John 5:14&15

Gotta make sure it's on the menu so to speak. :D

Feb 21, 2014
This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him. 1 John 5:14&15

Gotta make sure it's on the menu so to speak. :D
jjtj22: Yes, this is a good verse. I've been listing in my mind passages about prayer, and this is a good one for the list. :)

Blessings.

J

jjtj22

Please share the list!

M

Marian29

The more I pray the more the Lord asks me to pray... :)

M

Marian29

"And in like manner the Spirit also helpeth our infirmity: for we know not how to pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself maketh intercession for [us] with groanings which cannot be uttered;" Romanos 8:26

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
In sincere prayer.........we realize just how unworthy we are of His Love.......

Luke 18:13) And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.