what really happened to the Albigenses?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 10, 2012
What really happened to the bible believing Albigenses? does anyone know?

U

Ugly

I didn't know what an Albigenses was, but this is what i found...

Albigenses

A heresy during the middle ages that developed in the town Albi in Southern France. This error taught that there were two gods: the good god of light usually referred to as Jesus in the New Testament and the god of darkness and evil usually associated with Satan and the "God of the Old Testament." Anything material was considered evil including the body which was created by Satan. The soul, created by the good god, was imprisoned in the evil flesh and salvation was possible only through holy living and doing good works. At death, if the person has been spiritual enough, salvation comes to the believer. But, if the person has not been good enough, he is reincarnated as an animal or another human. The Albigenses denied the resurrection of the body since it was considered evil.

It goes on to say Pope Innocent III had them wiped out.

O

OFM

What really happened to the bible believing Albigenses? does anyone know?
Most of them were converted to the Christian Faith by Saint Dominic and Saint Anthony they were not wiped out by Pope Innocent the 3rd.He appoved of both the Franciscan and Dominican Catholic Religious Orders.

Sep 10, 2012
thankyou both of you for that enlightening information...I think it is a tragedy that the catholics slaughtered them if all they had done wrong was held to wrong teaching...I think a simple correction would have sufficed

Sep 10, 2012
actually my husband tells me that the Albigensians were bible believers and it was the catholic church that spread lies that they held to those beliefs that you have given me...I guess that would be similar to the lie about the pope being infallible

O

OFM

they werenot at all murdered by the catholic church thats reformation mis-information history only........

Sep 10, 2012
was the bible believing Christian men Martin Luther and Cranmer and Latimer murdered by the catholic church?

O

OFM

no if that happend the reformers did it all by them selfs.