What really matters?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Something to think about....
I have a neighbor, who's belief is very spiritual, this person also believes in reincarnation, all world spiritual leaders are one God, well you get the idea.
She has a child, who we have known since she was small, and many times I would have loved to share Jesus whith her, but my neighbor is adimatly against this, and anything said would slam the door shut.
Her daughter does know I am a christian.
Now I may not be able to witness to this child in word at this time, but actions, cannot be cencored.
So in Jesus, I do all as unto Him, serving and loving this child with all I know in Jesus.
Work's true value, is so those who recieve, will know the action in witness, to the love and glory of God in Jesus.
My hope is in Jesus, that she will see and know His perfect love, and by this, seek Jesus.

What matters, is not just what we hold in knowladge and words, but that we live always attached to the vine (Jesus)so that the fruit desired and needed to feast upon, will be fully ripened and ready!

God bless
pickles

Feb 17, 2010
What matters? It is almost blasphemy to think what I think matters.... What matters is what GOD say matters. Who am I if Paul saw himself as a dirty rag? I look ten times worse.

How can I claim to be something SPECIAL? Oh I can HELP another when I need so much help myself? I am not of this world, I am LOVED by God, I am saved, and I KNOW God... WOW! What I cannot get is... Who is saved, and appose EVERYTHING God says a saved person is? Who says GOD LOVES ME, and yet NOTHING of God confirms this? Who say I am a child of God but the SPIRIT of God is DEAD silent.

Who claims to be His child, but God does not witness! How can I say what is 100% opposite of what the Bible teaches, and claim to be a TEACHER? Who appointed me as teacher if I appose a SINGLE VERSE in God's Word? AM I APT TO TEACH?... 1 Tim 3? Am I the right GENDER, the RIGHT AGE. The RIGHT SPIRIT, THE TRUE TRUTH, APPOINTED BY GOD?

Who aapointed me to teach. Who even gave me the right to open my mouth and say the two WORDS... JESUS CHRIST?

I am not so sure I am qualified to even CALL HIS NAME. AMEN!

Lord have mercy on this sinner. AMEN!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
So true cobus, for all is the glory of God in Jesus Christ is Lord!
All is His work, we are but the branches, useless with out the vine!
For it is the vine that gives life to the branches.

But as scripture says, who would hear if there was no one to speak, so speak.
As though the spirit were pleading through us.

God bless
pickles

K

Kefa52

What really matters is a great question.

No matter where you are in your walk with Christ. No matter how bad you think you are doing.
If you are longing to have a better relationship with Christ. Working at a closer relationship with Christ. You are in a good place.

G

Graybeard

What really matters is that Christ died for me, was buried and rose after three days and now sits beside God and intercedes for me.....me who is unworthy yet He chose to because of His love...wow...now THAT really matters!

A

Ariel82

You know if we could just live day by day in trust taking one day at a time just praising him all the day long you might not sin being too busy for any sin to get in the way just for that day and this could expound and might be why Jesus said take one day at a time, and I am not saying we can be sinless or am I preaching sinless perfection, and the reason to say this is because I and no one else can predict the future and I am not saying to be aware of sin on that day because being aware of brings sin forth whether you do want to do it or do not flesh carnal sin thinking only produces more sin and Christ came to take it away not keep it going for as a man sows he also shall reap. Sow to the flesh reap the flesh sow to the Spirit reap the Spirit, so sowing the Spirit of God would be thanking God and praising God all te day long WOW!!! waht do you think?

I think there is wisdom in taking one day at a time and doing good for others as best as God has given us the ability to do.

N

Nancyer

Loving the Lord your God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. And loving our neighbor as we love ourselves. These are the greatest commandments and I believe what we are to concentrate on. I give thanks to God throughout the day, everyday, for His love, grace, forgiveness and for all the little things I'm grateful for each day.

I pray the most about knowing the will of God, am I being the person He created me to be. This gets mixed in with prayers about work, my kids, other responsibilities but I always go back to wanting to know what God wants of me and how to discern what that is.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I think there is wisdom in taking one day at a time and doing good for others as best as God has given us the ability to do.
Yes, we give what we have not what we don't have, and ones cup overflows

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Loving the Lord your God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. And loving our neighbor as we love ourselves. These are the greatest commandments and I believe what we are to concentrate on. I give thanks to God throughout the day, everyday, for His love, grace, forgiveness and for all the little things I'm grateful for each day.

I pray the most about knowing the will of God, am I being the person He created me to be. This gets mixed in with prayers about work, my kids, other responsibilities but I always go back to wanting to know what God wants of me and how to discern what that is.

So now just beleive you got it an you got it it is LOVE and in that love you carry the gospel with you for love is the will and the fulfillment of law. Doubt always creeps at the door of thought , and wonder can become strong doubt because as one wonders something happens while wondering and one gets mad instantly over disturbances, and a lot of times makes it hard to keep control and when one keeps trying to keep control it a lot of times seems to get worse and failure floods in and doubt seeps in more and one feels like they are drowning. But we are taught to pick ourselves up by our boot straps and buck up and move on no time while having to rear children.
Finding time quiet time can be difficult, and this is where one can grow strength, and not fret, expect the worse and when one does not get the worse then they are not upset for they know it could have been worse, and the Spirit your hidden person the Holy Ghost calms oyu down andlets you know, just take one thing at a time and grow in the truth of God, trusting God.
I use to cry over the fast pace and raising, I cried Ihad no shoes until I met another that had no feet and they were content as could be, I then searched for what they had and they had God in the midst, and could care less if they were only a torso for they had God and in that no matter what they had God amazing. I will quit gong on and on now, I have that tendency thanks for listening. Oh and maybe another growth tidbit you loving God with all my strength, When I found and figured out that I have none (strength) I heard now worship God with all GOD's STRENGTH and what a differance

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Jesus Loves me
This I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong,
They are weak but He is strong.

Yes Jesus Loves me.
Yes Jesus Loves me.
Yes Jesus Loves me,
The bible tells me so.

I sang that song in sunday school a long time ago. Probably over 30 yrs ago. And I still remember every word. I didn't understand it then. But I started to about 4-5 yrs ago...

A

Ariel82

1. Matthew 18:3
    and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:14

2. But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”