what should i do i need Help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

trev82

Hi there i am 28 years of age and just got Married , i gave my life to Jesus a little over a year ago and i go to Church and i live for Jesus he is my Life but my wife is not into it as much as i am and we been together for a little over 6 years already , i truly love her but i dont know whats going on in my heart i feel like there is some one els out there for me but i truly love my wife with all my heart ,i just noticed theres this woman at my Church she keeps giving me the eye but i keep rejecting it cause i know i am married and i can not break that but by heart there is some thing about this woman i cant explain it there is no Lust its not sexual its spiritual and i really dont know what to do could any one help me on what this feeling is or what this is meaning i am not to sure, like i said i love my wife and i will never leave her but i met my wife over 6 years ago and i gave my life to Jesus last year if some one could help me or giv me an idea on what i am going threw is some one can help me that would be great .

God Bless

L

Lyndies

I would say to definitely remain faithful with your wife because you entered into this covenant with her and God. As God to give you a love for her beyond what you've ever had. And spend good time with Him because when you're full of him, you'll be able to pour more into your wife.

As for her faith--pray for her. Everyday. And invite her to go to church with you.

Have you seen the movie Fireproof? It's a little corny, but I think it would help you to watch it. And it couldn't hurt to do the challenge in the book either. :]

T

trev82

I would say to definitely remain faithful with your wife because you entered into this covenant with her and God. As God to give you a love for her beyond what you've ever had. And spend good time with Him because when you're full of him, you'll be able to pour more into your wife.

As for her faith--pray for her. Everyday. And invite her to go to church with you.

Have you seen the movie Fireproof? It's a little corny, but I think it would help you to watch it. And it couldn't hurt to do the challenge in the book either. :]

ya we have seen Fireproof i love the movie , and yes i am staying Faith full to my wife , but i just want to know what is with that spiritual feeling from that woman at church i got no sexual thing for this woman its just spiritual just want to know what the feeling is all about but my wife i maid a promise to her and the Lord and nuthing will change in my power but if the Lord wants different he will have it i dont know

L

Lyndies

Well, why don't you just pray for this other woman, then? Since it's a spiritual feeling? Plus, if you start spending time with her, it could lead to more things and you may find yourself emotionally invloved more than you should be.

I don't think God would want for you to break your vows. That's some serious stuff. This other woman may be like a spiritual warrior buddy or something...but maybe you could also involve your wife so that it's not just you and this other woman.

Wonderland

May 6, 2010
Hey Trev,

I would advise staying away from this other woman. The fact that you have a keen interest in her is enough to give Satan a foothold. If this were a man, I would be ALL FOR you to get hooked up with a spiritual friend and support, but since she is a woman all I can think is DANGER DANGER!!! It is never appropriate for a married man to spend time alone with a woman who is not his wife. Maybe you could get your wife involved with this woman and she could be ministered to? But do not try too hard, because of the dangerousness of the male/female thing. And I know you said you will stay faithful to your wife and I am glad that is important to you, but I sense a little bit of ambivalence about the situation so do your ABSOLUTE BEST to keep a pure and unadulterated reputation while you work things out with God and your wife (and even after that)!

I hope the best for you and your wife.
Be blessed.

T

trev82

Thanks Wounderland ya i am staying Faithful 100% like i said i got no sexual push for this woman i just feel a spiritual push from her but i do know i am married and i am happy with that but its good to have friends at the same time.

D

Dread_Zeppelin

How do you know if this interest in the other woman is simply "spiritual"? Interest of any kind can go too far when you are married and enthralled by another woman. No married man has any business talking to a single woman who is giving him the "eye" when his wife isn't around, espcially when he takes a special interest! You will be damaging your wifes trust and I dont see how that is Godly in the least.

If it's truely God then you'll have no problems telling your wife all about her and how you're feeling, or inviting her to dinner at your place so she can meet your wife.

M

mrpower

woof. be really careful man.
A good easy rule to know if your in the clear. Could anything you have to do or say with this other woman survive with your wife in the room? If not, then your playing with fire. it's that simple.

T

trev82

How do you know if this interest in the other woman is simply "spiritual"? Interest of any kind can go too far when you are married and enthralled by another woman. No married man has any business talking to a single woman who is giving him the "eye" when his wife isn't around, espcially when he takes a special interest! You will be damaging your wifes trust and I dont see how that is Godly in the least.

If it's truely God then you'll have no problems telling your wife all about her and how you're feeling, or inviting her to dinner at your place so she can meet your wife.
ya i think your going to far , first of all i don't do nuthing alone with this woman she is just and i mean just a friend and thats ALL , second of all i can not explane the hole spiritual thing maybe its she is deep into the Lord as i am i can admire that but for MAN to tell me i am cheating on my Wife how dare to Judge !!! no matter what your forgiven by the Blood of Jesus.

Wow you guys are gettig heated, remember they are just trying to help.Im not sure what the spiritual feeling is...it could be the devil trying to trick you...ormaybe shes like your long lost cousin or sister like in star wars with Luck and Laya...sorry thats the best example i had. Or maybe Gods trying to tell you something. Im not saying leave your wife and i dnt think you will. I think you should talk to your wife and ask her if you being christian bugs her. try to get her more involved with your church and christian life...but dont make it seem like your pressuring her, make her think it was her idea. :) God Bless and good luck!

N

nanabean

ya i think your going to far , first of all i don't do nuthing alone with this woman she is just and i mean just a friend and thats ALL , second of all i can not explane the hole spiritual thing maybe its she is deep into the Lord as i am i can admire that but for MAN to tell me i am cheating on my Wife how dare to Judge !!! no matter what your forgiven by the Blood of Jesus.

Hi trev82.......I pray that you will reread Dread_Zeppelin's post...and know where she (she is a girl) is coming from. I don't beleive she was trying to say you are cheating on your wife, just that it could lead you down that path if, you show an interest in this woman who you said is "giving you the eye". Also, if you reread your original post and another one as well, you yourself make it sound as though you aren't sure but what you think maybe the Lord (????) is trying to show you that you married the wrong woman???? That's what I read into your posts (I am NOT talking for Dread_Zeppelin here!--only what III feel I am reading) I have to say I am in agreement with Wonderland, that having a spiritual friend for guidance and support (for each other) is good...but not with a woman who would "give you the eye" knowing you are a married man.

Just as a side note.....giving (and recieving) advice over the internet is tricky in that sometimes we think what we are typing out is understandable, but we later find that others read it "wrong" or just don't read it the way it was intended.........please let us all try to be patient and ask questions of each other before jumping to conclusions.

G

godsbluesman

You need to work it out with your wife-you married her-looking upon another woman,even if just spiritual is still adultery! Don't mess around with your or her salvation! even the thoughts you are having are sin! You probably were intmate before marriage too. Rebuke that adulterous spirit and talk to your pastor or a councellor. if you continue entertaining these thoughts you are gonna end up on the wrong path,brother. I know this from experience. maybe this other person is spiritually stronger than your wife,and you are atracted to that.you need to pray for your wife to grow in spirit. Remember that this is
Mat 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
scriptural ,,,this in my opinion also applies spiritually...as well as physically..you may be lusting after her spirit.

May 25, 2010
Dear br., A bird in hand is worth many in the bush; Just to assure you my friend as a senior pastor, ladies are so many but to get the right woman out of them is the only problem, seek God and fast about it because it is a certain spirit of divorce following you bit by bit and very soon if you are not careful it will make you think as if there is a beautiful lady/woman somewhere than this one of your of which is no. perhaps the one you have are one of the first wise ladies who went to the wedding with their lamps full of parraffin yet the ones the devils are showing you now may be you will come to regter that they are the foolish ones who started begging by the time the bride poped in, take care and be free to talk to your wife and amend all the fences you have noticed in your house

Hi there i am 28 years of age and just got Married , i gave my life to Jesus a little over a year ago and i go to Church and i live for Jesus he is my Life but my wife is not into it as much as i am and we been together for a little over 6 years already , i truly love her but i dont know whats going on in my heart i feel like there is some one els out there for me but i truly love my wife with all my heart ,i just noticed theres this woman at my Church she keeps giving me the eye but i keep rejecting it cause i know i am married and i can not break that but by heart there is some thing about this woman i cant explain it there is no Lust its not sexual its spiritual and i really dont know what to do could any one help me on what this feeling is or what this is meaning i am not to sure, like i said i love my wife and i will never leave her but i met my wife over 6 years ago and i gave my life to Jesus last year if some one could help me or giv me an idea on what i am going threw is some one can help me that would be great .

God Bless

704champion

hey,

it seems pretty simple to me. you are referring to emotional things as spiritual things.

your wife isn't as spiritual as you'd like her to be, so this emotionally drains you.

seeing another woman who is right in front of your face at church every week and being the way you'd like your wife to be or think you would like your wife to be emotionally charges you.

listen to these people before me. the only one here who doesn't seem to realize you are going down a dangerous path, is you!

flee the scene!!

blake

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
... , but i just want to know what is with that spiritual feeling from that woman at church i got no sexual thing for this woman its just spiritual just want to know what the feeling is all about but my wife i maid a promise...
Stop reading so much into it. Just ignore her.

L

Lyndies

You probably were intmate before marriage too.
Dude, I don't think this is a fair statement. You don't know anything about that and it''s not fair to jump to conclusions and take on an accusitory tone. That's not going to help him.

T

trev82

this man has no right to Judge me but its all good cause by the Blood of Jesus he is forgiven 100% Faith , i have not at all been intament with this woman i barly even know her , but its ok cause he is Man and man dose not know any better only Jesus is perfect , thank you for sticking up for me . God Bless

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

God Bless

I do not believe this is from God, the situation i mean. I do not believe you have a spiritual connection to this woman either. You are bonded to your wife. You are connected to her.

You have a lot of feelings goin on right now, but feelings are very deceitful. They change constantly. I would ignore them having anything to do with this woman. Now i know your not saying you have feelings for this woman, but you do feel that you have a spiritual connection to her. Just wanted to clear that up.

I would stay away from this woman. I would put no more thought into it. I would instead work on your relationship with your wife.