What spiritual gift do you have?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

mhia

There was an activity in our church called "encounter". They say some christian received the spiritual gifts in this activity and my friends received the speaking in tongues. I want it so bad and i been praying for that gift. Last Saturday, in our cell group, we're praying when my cousin speak in tongues , the girl sitting next to me is about to speak too , that moment i felt the holy spirit was moving inside me and I opened my mouth. that's not the first time i experienced it but there's always a destruction. ugh ! But I'm gonna wait. Do you have that gift?

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
Not to side track the post or be vindictive, But I was under the understanding that the Holy Spirit gave you the gifts. And you were awarded the Holy Spirit by accepting Jesus Christ as your savior and holding Him in your heart. So basically God gave you those gifts when you accept his Son.

Not by an activity... I think (some) churches are starting to loose their direction....

Also my understanding of tongues was not meant for a church environment or personal benefit but for an environment of unbelievers to help them understand the word... I am also a big believer in 'Let your will be done' in reference to God and not our wills.

O

Ozziestextures

[video=youtube_share;y1S_tnPezOE]http://youtu.be/y1S_tnPezOE[/video]

R

Relena7

I'm really good at spotting hypocrisy. Not sure if that counts as spiritual.

I'm sure I have been given other gifts that I haven't fully claimed yet. I need to awaken some more first, or else my mind might corrupt it.

Mar 29, 2013
Not everyone that speaks in tounges is really doing that there are alot of people who want to speak in tougnes so they just kinda start babling an there conviced there spewking in tounges.... i cant look it up right now but i belive the bible says something wbout not speaking un tounges without a translator.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
There are 2 types of tongues

The gift of tongues is a personal issue, to be shared only among a very few if that. Think of this as a ‘prayer language’ and not for public consumption. It is to be an adjunct to prayer; so that the Holy Spirit may pray thru us so we may speak to things and ways we otherwise wouldn't know to address. This tongue is for believers, since it is a tool to be used by believers for the spiritual edification of ourselves and those we pray for. Use in small prayers circles within an assembly may be appropriate if kept private among that group. This may be also used in lifting praise and worship towards God in an assembly that is doing so. It is a partnering with the Spirit in which you speak but the Spirit gives the words.

Then there is a public tongue, or prophecy, intended for public consumption and spoken among an assembly. If one feels they are being led to give a word to an assembly, they should report that to church leadership. Someone else should likewise report being led to interpret a word, before leadership permission is given to address the assembly. This tongue is given to an assembly as an exhortation, and a sign and wonder.

And then there's the origin of 'tongues'. As man's numbers grew after creation he had a single spiritual language. It was one of the few things he kept out of the fall, and it persisted until the tower of Babel. When the Messiah returns to restore all that man has lost, one of those things restored will be that pure singular spiritual language. Christ has won the authority to restore the world, but has yet to return to enforce it. Tongues are an ability for us to access now that future restored language thru the Holy Spirit. Where it talks about tongues 'ceasing', it's not that speaking in that manner will stop, but that doing so will cease to be known as a tongue, because it will be in fact our native language. English at that point would be the tongue.

Tongues are not necessary for salvation, nor should they be demanded as proof of Spiritual Baptism. As with all gifts of the Spirit, it is available to all but not required of any. And like all the gifts, it is effective in helping produce the fruits that are required. The gifts of the Spirit are intended to help us produce the fruits of the Spirit.

Given a good thing, we humans will find some way to screw it up. We will over-use, over-sell, and over-the-top it. That's just our nature. That's when outsiders start thinking we're crazy, and that's where Paul tells some to put a leash on it. Place and moderation are key to tongues being useful vs being foolish. And being foolish with God’s gifts is never a good idea.

B

blindncool

I have only the gifts of tongues and prophecy.

V

VictagaNOC94

When I was sixteen I went through a time I hated myself for not having spoken in tongues. Alot of people I know Are tolod by PEOPLE how to do it...I cannot stand that. I've known of people to get that sitting in there bedroom praying and it just happens and it is not something THEY r doing. I was being prayed for at a church meeting and I blanked out somewhat, I was dedicating my own life to God and I felt god strong and I heard someone speaking in tongues but did not realize it was me until I kinda came out of that state of mind and alot of my family friends were like, "No, don't stop!!!" And I was like wondering what they were talking about. And then I heard my step dad tell my grandmother that I spoke in tongues, and it had actually even been gotten on a recording of the service. It is not for EVERYONE to speak in tongues. My brother has never done so and is in alot of ways a stronger Christian then me! Everyone has their own gifts. Some is healing, some prophesy, there are all different gifts...and noone has ALL of them! Me personally, I want God to work through me to heal others! I want that like mad! But I'm gonna have whatever gifts God gives me...and no gift is lesser then any of the others! Just try and find what your gift is!

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
But it's not YOUR gift, it's the Holy Spirit's. And you eligible to work in whatever gift is necessary to interceed in a particular situation. Just because the Spirit works a gift of healing in one instance doesn't mean you're locked into only that one. Maybe next time it wil be a word of wisdom that's required. Be open to whatever the situation and the Spirit call for.

O

OwenHeidenreich

holy spirit will give you any gift. i asked holy spirit to heal about 9 people and they were all healed instantly. sometimes i have disbelief and they dont get healed but its not works its faith!

shawntc

May 7, 2010
I used to be in a church that promoted speaking in tongues. Never did receive that gift, lol. I do have the gift of knowledge, however. This is the divinely-empowered ability to understand, apply, and teach the Word. Topics in the Bible which might be a challenge for others to understand come easier to me. This best puts me in the position of a teacher or theologian.

F

florescenceSecrecy

the bible says that he gives you certain spiritual gifts unique to you but he also said that we can learn all the gifts to some extent but the ones he has blessed us with we can do great things with. i dont know what you believe about the gift of healing but a lot of Christians now a days call the gift witch craft. my family and many others have seen this gift in me though i believe that it is real

I

imminentCataclysm

I suppose my forgiveness. I cannot stay mad at people, no matter what. I know the world is harsh and cruel, and it takes a toll on everyone.