What to cook

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 24, 2012
Hi all

I want to cook my friend a meal but I not a very good cook she has cooked me meals an I want to say thank you by cooking a meal. I jut want something simple I doing a starter that's prawn cocktail with salad I just need idea for main course and how to cook it lol.
Thanks you and God Bless You xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

M

MadParrotWoman

Hi Cassie, the best meals are those you are not fretting over. You will want to be enjoying the company of your friend and not worrying about cooking. Why not cook something the day before to warm or better still do you have a slow cooker? You could make a casserole, set your slow cooker to "low" in the morning and it will be piping hot come the evening. You beauty of a casserole is you can use cheap cuts of meat, throw just about anything in with it cover with gravy (or buy a packet sauce and follow instructions) throw it all in together, season and forget about it. I use cheap lamb cuts or do sausages, bacon, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions.

Have fun with your friend. :)

KBond

Jun 5, 2013
I do not usually cook either. When I have to cook for company, I usually do pasta. Marinated fish with directions is also pretty good. Good luck!

A

amymine712

What kind of meat are you thinking for the main course? Is there anything that you all don't like or have allergies to?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Mix together oil, eggs, flour, tomato sauce, curry, basil, a pinch of garlic.

Oil a pan.

Dunk fish fillets in the mix, put in pan and bake.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hot Pockets. When I feel ambitious I will use those little cardboard sleeves. I don't know the purpose of those things but it seems like the right thing to do. Frozen burritos are acceptable too.

A

amymine712

Mix together oil, eggs, flour, tomato sauce, curry, basil, a pinch of garlic.

Oil a pan.

Dunk fish fillets in the mix, put in pan and bake.
that sounds delish!

A

amymine712

These meat balls are easy and taste wonderful.
SALISBURY STEAK MEATBALLS

[COLOR=#E80058 !important]Prep Time[COLOR=#404040 !important]15 minutes
[/COLOR][COLOR=#E80058 !important]Cook Time[COLOR=#404040 !important]25 minutes[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#E80058 !important]Total Time[COLOR=#404040 !important]40 minutes[/COLOR][/COLOR]​
[COLOR=#E80058 !important]Yield[COLOR=#404040 !important]4 servings[/COLOR][/COLOR]​

[/COLOR]
An easy, comforting, budget-friendly meal that the whole family will love. You can also make the meatballs ahead of time or freeze them as needed!

[COLOR=#E80058 !important]INGREDIENTS[/COLOR]

• 8 ounces egg noodles
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/3 cup Italian style bread crumbs
  • 2 tablespoon ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons mustard
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 large egg yolks
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • [COLOR=#E80058 !important]FOR THE GRAVY[/COLOR]
  • 2 cups beef broth, divided, or more, to taste
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

Make Sausage Gnocchi in 15 Min.

[COLOR=#E80058 !important]INSTRUCTIONS[/COLOR]

• In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
  • In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire and egg yolks; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Using a wooden spoon or clean hands, stir until well combined. Roll the mixture into 1 1/4-to-1 1/2-inch meatballs, forming about 20 meatballs.
  • Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs, in batches, and cook until all sides are browned, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
  • To make the gravy, whisk together 1/2 cup beef broth and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
  • Add onions to the skillet and cook until golden brown and translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Whisk in remaining 1 1/2 cups beef broth, Worcestershire and ketchup until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
  • Bring to a boil; reduce heat and gradually whisk in cornstarch mixture. Stir in meatballs until cooked through and the sauce has thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Add more beef broth as needed until desired consistency is reached.
  • Serve immediately with egg noodles, garnished with parsley, if desired.

A

amymine712

Umm yeah sorry bout the gibberish coding in there...went to take it out and took to long...

A

amymine712

If you would rather have soup, this one is so popular at my house that I can't make enough for leftovers. I do use more meat and put in extra cheese (Velveeta and cheddar).

Cheeseburger Soup

[FONT=Montserrat !important]AUTHOR: ALYSSA

PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOK TIME: 30 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 45 MINS

[/FONT]

This soup is insanely delicious! Made with fresh ingredients and topped with shredded cheese, you will make it again and again!
[FONT=Montserrat !important]INGREDIENTS

• ½ pound ground beef (use 1 pound)
  • ¾ cup chopped onion
  • ¾ cup shredded carrots
  • ¾ cup diced celery
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
  • 4 tablespoons butter, divided
  • 3 cups chicken broth
  • 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
  • ¼ cup all purpose flour
  • 2 cups of Velveeta processed cheese cubed (I used 16 ounce) or- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1½ cups milk
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ to ½ teaspoon pepper
  • ¼ cup sour cream

[/FONT]

[FONT=Montserrat !important]INSTRUCTIONS

1. [*=1]Brown the ground beef in 3 quart saucepan. Drain and set aside.
    [*=1]In the same saucepan add 1 T butter and add onion, shredded carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery. Saute until tender.
    [*=1]Add the broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
    [*=1]In small skillet melt remaining butter (3 T) and add the flour. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
    [*=1]Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream.
[/FONT]

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Hot Pockets. When I feel ambitious I will use those little cardboard sleeves. I don't know the purpose of those things but it seems like the right thing to do. Frozen burritos are acceptable too.
​I have'nt had Hot Pockets in ages..maybe I'll buy some when I go grocery shopping on Friday. lol :)