What to do about disobedient wife.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

regg1967

I'm in need of prayer and answers. I'm so down right now. My family is struggling financially, because my wife used all of our money to put into her business. This sint the first time this has happened, but she doesn't care. Her business (salon @ spa) has been struggling financially for the 5 years it's been in existence. She never listens to me, and always seem to get herself into situations, in which I must be there to bail her out. At this point, she's even used our babies college saving for this business. when I try to talk to her, she threatens to leave with the baby. Waht am I to do?

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
See if you can talk to her about how she feels. There must be some strong emotional reason behind what she is doing... you should find this out if you can. Maybe she feels validated by it or feels useful because of it?

K

kenisyes

If she can't make it taking all your money, what makes her think she can make it without your money? I'd just remind her of that.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Is she a Christian? I think husband and wife should try to make mutual decisions; this definitely helps with keeping the home peaceful and happy. Do you work and contribute to the family finances also? That is sad that she is using a threat to get her way. Can you talk to her without being bitter? Sometimes a spouse will not listen because of the way something is said. I know if my husband just said 'because I said so and I'm head of this house', I probably would not respond very well.

If you both are Christians, maybe you go get counseling together with a Christian counselor?

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Like others have said, have you just tried talking to her, making sure you listen to her, and that she listens to you.
Its not always about who is wrong or keeping score, but finding the answer that will bring untity in your marriage.
Counciling is a good consideration, as the path taken for now will lead loss for you both.
Ill be praying for you both and your family in Jesus's name.

God bless
pickles

F

Forgive

Communication will go a long way. Be careful to not throw the "I told you so", or "this is what you should do" cards. Noone will respond to those except in a negative way. Prayer is always the first line of defense, giving your marriage, family, and her business to God. Pray with her, over her, and be there to support her in every way. Businesses fail every day, but, God never does. If you as a couple will hit your knees before God, asking for His guidance, strength, and provision, for your family, marriage, and business, He will be faithful and guide you to what to do. He will also use you as an example for your wife if you will not only say you are the spiritual head of the home, but demonstrate it. Show her by example that you are going to follow God and give this all to Him. Your words will never change her, but, your actions will. Let her know that no matter what happens to the business, you are there for her, and that you do not appreciate your child being used as a bargaining tool and that your family deserves better than that. God bless you and I pray He will be at work in your lives.
Tithing is also key to making a business work. If she is not tithing her business, maybe starting would help. This is the only time in the Word that God tells us to try Him on something. He will honor the tithes given and use this business in a mighty way if she will be obedient.

Last edited:
J

jkalyna

PRAY TOGETHER.

Keenen

Apr 20, 2012
l.facebook.com
I will be praying for your situation.
Be still and know that he is God. :)