What to look for in a friendship.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Mooky

I am just wondering what constitutes a godly friendship and what we should be aiming for in our friendships.
Would appreciate some thoughts on this.

R

richie_2uk

1. Full trust: Its hard to trust even your bestest friend. Other than God obviously.
2. Acceptance: accept who they are and what they are. they are living there life not yours.
3. Give: Give back the same amount to those who give you. that way no one will say you have given more or less.
4. Treat: Treat your friend how they treat you.
5. God: Have God in everything you do, have God in the middle of your friendship. This is the one most important.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I am just wondering what constitutes a godly friendship and what we should be aiming for in our friendships.
Would appreciate some thoughts on this.
we are to love all and by the grace of God receiving that God loved me so much that God forgave me all sins 100%. my response is to love all the same.
Now there are those that do not believe and are ravenous wolves, that act like sheep and our out to steal, kill, and destroy.
Usually, we as people of flesh by the saying love your neighbor as self, we all by flesh love self, and do not deny self. Which is a big problem.
Anyway, know that no flesh in God's sight will ever please God not even my own. The only flesh that ever pleased God is Christ Jesus's, and is to this day that ever has or will.
So in light of this ask God to make you wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove. God will show you this truth and it might be through rough experiences, as it has been for me. Can you hold up and trust God through them all as Job did, whenever cursing God as the devil said to God he does not curse you because you got a hedge built around him.
Might do you a lot of Good to read the book of Job, so you are prepared as evil does come after us.
But here is what I like and am settled in Evil can do nothing without God permitting it, and God always a good reason behind all that happens whether good or bad.
So as you make friends and bad things happen ask God to teach you truth behind the scene(s) and learn with the loving heart of God, and forsake the hard heart that Evil wants you to succumb to.
All in Love to you Mooky

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
what the first two said - - I will only add that a true friend will share chocolate with you.