What would you do?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jesusfreak0016

i need some teens advice!! what would u do, if u found out your mother a straight up selfish, money lovin liar!! my whole life feels like a staight up lie, and i don't know what to do!! i live with my dad now, and have since February. since i have lived with him and my step mom, iv'e started seeing the truth about my mother. she claims to be a christian, but yet she hates my dad so much, she's constently telling my brothers and I how worthless he is and how he wasn't there through my whole life, then why does he decide to be a father now.. well i thought about that, and my dad isn't the perfect dad, he was a women beater, iv'e seen him hit my mom many of times, but what im getting at is that she didn't want him in our lives. the times she told us he left, was accually her telling him to leave! he is now saved after 30 something years, and my mother can't stand that. my whole life she tried to tell us that she doesn't smoke, but yet we see her alll the time, and it annoying because she still denys it! she tried to tell me to get a job, when she taught me to do nothing on my own, she tried to tell me i couldn't live with my dad even though im 17 and way smarter than what she thinks, and when i did move with my dad, she tried to tell me im better off not getting my GED and just get a job to help her out when she gets $600 a month on meand she works., and she was afraid to lose that when i moved with my dad. she is so selfish. she cares way more about stupid money, then my education, and so worried about people finding out the truth about her.. im so sick of it.. what do i do?!?! today my dad got into it with her. and im just tired of being suck in between family drama!!!! and she always trys to buy my love, hoping that salves everything, im just so sick of her!!

J

jimmydiggs

Get your High School Diploma. Not getting it is the worst decision you can make in today's society as a teenager. I would hope that you go to college, or get some other secondary education, such as a technical school, or some training program.

I'm not going to lie, I can't say "I understand how you feel". I don't. I've never been in your position.

I can relate to "im just tired of being stuck in between family drama", I do have some experience with this. I will send you a mail message describing my experience with this. I would rather not publicly post it.

Major "props" to you, for posting this publicly, doing that is something I couldn't do.

J

jesusfreak0016

i can't get my high school diploma, im in GED now, my mother is the reason why im not in school, thats another reason i can't stand her. i am going to go to college in Florida, im getting out of Missouri, i can't stand it here!

im about to read your message now, and the only way i could get help was if i posted it in public!
thanx!

L

limegreenone

Aww Spinner...I'm so sorry you're going through so much drama. My parents are divorced too, and I definitely know what it is like to be stuck between two parents and their arguments. It can be hard to watch someone you love feel so much bitterness towards someone else you have learned to forgive and love again.

I think getting a GED is a great step towards your future. You will have many more job opportunities, and you can continue on to college.

The only advice I have for you is to pray for your mother, and pray for patience and love when dealing with her. It can be hard to give people grace when they seem undeserving, but that is exactly what God did for us. God will help you through these feelings and issues. Just keep perservering through these trials with Him by your side. God has a perfect plan for your life, and this one of the bumpy parts of that plan. You will get through it, though. :)

I'm praying for you. :) God bless!

J

jesusfreak0016

aww thank you lime!!! i definitely feel God working in this situation! things got alot worse tonight, but i'm trying my hardest to put it behind me, but yet the devil has some way of throwing it right back in my face! it's a very hard situation to live through, it's times like this where i don't want to live in this moment! all i know, is that, i will never be a mother like mine!!
thanx for the prayer :) God Bless!

L

limegreenone

Yeah...Sometimes things have to get a lot worse before they can get better. It can be super frustrating...but it will resolve eventually.
You're very welcome! God has got your back through all of this :)