What's Behind your name?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 21, 2012
So what's behind your name?
Mine's from Matt 5:5 -> Greek Lexicon :: G4239 (KJV)

Matt 5:5 “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. (ESV)

"Gentleness or meekness is the opposite to self-assertiveness and self-interest. It stems from trust in God's goodness and control over the situation."

Misty77

Aug 30, 2013
Misty is a version of my given name that I use as my least-secure online persona. 77 is what I used in my main e-mail address. Most people think it's a Christian thing, but it's really the level my human priestess (World of Warcraft) was at the time I made the account.

No, I don't play WOW anymore because my ex got custody of the WOW accounts in the divorce (seriously not kidding). And I knew I wouldn't have time with single-parenting, work, and college. I got our son, so I think I got the better deal.

respekt

Mar 5, 2013
Respekt can be two things: 1. ReGINA SpektOR (my fave singer and pianist) and 2. Respekt = Respect (I expect people's respect) :)

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Looks a bit like a Big Daddy (only like a mining version).
More underwater version, the anchor is from a ship. But its totally ripping off a big daddy.

K

KeeganGentle

KeeganGentle... Because my name is... Keegan Gentle... I'm not very good with the whole anonymous internet thing:(

U

Ugly

Misty is a version of my given name that I use as my least-secure online persona. 77 is what I used in my main e-mail address. Most people think it's a Christian thing, but it's really the level my human priestess (World of Warcraft) was at the time I made the account.

No, I don't play WOW anymore because my ex got custody of the WOW accounts in the divorce (seriously not kidding). And I knew I wouldn't have time with single-parenting, work, and college. I got our son, so I think I got the better deal.
You need to rejoin WOW. I need some friends on there! hahaha.

Misty77

Aug 30, 2013
You need to rejoin WOW. I need some friends on there! hahaha.
Unfortunately, my son learned too many new words either reading the chat or listening to ventrillo. I offered to buy thesauruses for the guild members to prove that there are adjectives that don't start with the letter "F."

U

Ugly

Unfortunately, my son learned too many new words either reading the chat or listening to ventrillo. I offered to buy thesauruses for the guild members to prove that there are adjectives that don't start with the letter "F."
That's why they have a language filter and make headphones haha.

K

KJV15John11

John 15:11 is my favorite verse, but the system wouldn't let me put it in as John15:11, nor 15John11, so I added KJV to make the system happy. Since then, I have received MANY suggestions on how to put it in but the damage is done, and it's me now. Most members just call me KJV anyway.

MartyrNdaMaKn

Jan 22, 2013
Mine takes after how Stephen was a martyr for not renouncing the name of Jesus, but continued to serve Jesus unto death. Just as I will cause for me its "All Day JESUS".

Last edited:
A

arb71

My initials and the year I was born.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Not very exciting. breno is my nickname 7 is my fave number 85 is the year of my birth au is my country of origin, so original lol

R

reject-tech

mine means I either don't like technology (though I use it :p)
or that I'm practiced in dismissal