What's heaven going to be like?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JohnnyBlack

What is everyone's perception of what heaven will entail? My brother and I have been asked this question alot so we put together a clip where we discuss some of the most common questions.

[video=youtube;NT-bAH9XxF8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT-bAH9XxF8[/video]

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Read 1 Cor 2:9

For the cause of Christ
Roger

May 24, 2013
Read 1 Cor 2:9

For the cause of Christ
Roger
You should have read the the very next verse, 1 Cor 2:10

"But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. for the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God."

May 24, 2013
What is everyone's perception of what heaven will entail? My brother and I have been asked this question alot so we put together a clip where we discuss some of the most common questions.

[video=youtube;NT-bAH9XxF8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT-bAH9XxF8[/video]
Nice video,, I only have 1 problem with it. The souls crying out from under the altar. The scripture in question is Rev 6;9,10.

Those who are killed for the word of God and for their testimony are not actually, really crying out from under the Altar. They are dead. Also,, those who killed them are also now dead and buried. Surely we KNOW that the saints do not demand revenge. if anything, they would have the Gifts of the spirit and ask that those who did such a deed would be forgiven.

And why would God keep them under the altar? Lol,, anyways, I believe the language in Rev 6:9 is symbolic.

But,, I'm sure those who believe the dead are alive would surely differ.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Nice video,, I only have 1 problem with it. The souls crying out from under the altar. The scripture in question is Rev 6;9,10.

Those who are killed for the word of God and for their testimony are not actually, really crying out from under the Altar. They are dead. Also,, those who killed them are also now dead and buried. Surely we KNOW that the saints do not demand revenge. if anything, they would have the Gifts of the spirit and ask that those who did such a deed would be forgiven.

And why would God keep them under the altar? Lol,, anyways, I believe the language in Rev 6:9 is symbolic.

personally I only believe their unredeemed bodies are dead because
In this flesh by the new life found in the resurrection of Christ is now alive meaning God is prestn with us living ion andthrough us.
Now when I leave this body and it physically is dead my Spirit goes directly to be with God, In the body here God present iwth us and when out of this body we are present with God

notuptome

May 17, 2013

That would be those who believe what is written in the bible by God. Jesus said in John 11:25 though he were dead yet shall he live. They will be there right where God said they would be.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

May 24, 2013
In this flesh by the new life found in the resurrection of Christ is now alive meaning God is prestn with us living ion andthrough us.
Now when I leave this body and it physically is dead my Spirit goes directly to be with God, In the body here God present iwth us and when out of this body we are present with God[/QUOT

The scripture you bring into view is that of 2 Corithians 5:8 "We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and present with the Lord."

I know this will sound strange, but I almost wish Paul hadn't said that. That scripture confuses people and cause many to beleive the dead are alive and aware. They are not. The dead know nothing.

Paul uses this same wording in 1 corithians 5:3.. but, thankfully he placed in paretheses (as though i were present). In other words, he wasn't realy there, but he was supportive of what was going on there.

As we near the end, there will be only 2 distinct types of people. Those who keep the Commandments of God & those who do not.

An interesting thought: Those who keep the Commandments of God in the last days will not beleive the dead are alive.

But,, those who do not keep the Commandments of God, will believe the dead are alive

May 15, 2013
Jesus only had described this higher level of a realm by comparing it to our understanding, but it is hard for us to comprehend because we are limited. In this realm nothing will be impossible; if you desired something it will manifest before you, that is why I believe that is why it is so important that a soul that dwells in this realm must be pure within, for a wicked soul will conjure up wickeness as war. Satan whom is wicked started to plant his seed of deceit in this mock kingdom ( which is earth), but imagine what type of hellish things that he would have started in Heaven.

Mark 15:1Very early in the morning, the chief priests, with the elders, the teachers of the law and the whole Sanhedrin, made their plans. So they bound Jesus, led him away and handed him over to Pilate.

John 3:34For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.

Romans 7:5For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death.

Luke 6:43 “No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit.

Matthew 16:19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

May 24, 2013
That would be those who believe what is written in the bible by God. Jesus said in John 11:25 though he were dead yet shall he live. They will be there right where God said they would be.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Tell me roger, do the dead saints under the altar have an evil grimace on their faces? Are they foaming at the mouth with hate? Do they have torches and pitchforks like an angry mob after frakenstien?
The lauguage is symbolic Roger.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Tell me roger, do the dead saints under the altar have an evil grimace on their faces? Are they foaming at the mouth with hate? Do they have torches and pitchforks like an angry mob after frakenstien?
The lauguage is symbolic Roger.
You have very earthly perceptions of heaven. Why do you strive against what God has written? Do you believe that God cannot perform what He has said?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

N

nathan3

Law and order. And no lies.

J

JohnnyBlack

Thank you for all your responses guys. My brother and I certainly don't claim to have all the answers. There are central doctrinal truths that we can never compromise on. On other theological issues we need to ensure that we don't develop a dogmatic attitude and thereby bringing about division between our us and our fellow Christian brothers and sisters.

Our purpose in making this video was to get people thinking and talking about Heaven. What concerns my brother and I is the fact that generally speaking Heaven hasn't captured our imaginations or shaped our lives here on Earth. There is a disconnect between our lives on Earth and the life we imagine we'll live in Heaven. Is it because we have been told that we can't imagine what Heaven will be like? "No ear has heard nor eye has seen..."

C.S. Lewis said it well: "If you read history, you will find that the Christians who did the most for the present world were those who thought most of the next."

D

danschance

I believe it will be a place that is beyound imagination. It will be unspeackable beauty. We will feel loved by all and a peace that never ends.

I have seen Jesus in a vision. He has the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen. I know the Jews probably had dark eyes, but I saw the most amazing blue eyes. I can't wait to get there.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Now when I leave this body and it physically is dead my Spirit goes directly to be with God, In the body here God present iwth us and when out of this body we are present with God[/QUOT

The scripture you bring into view is that of 2 Corithians 5:8 "We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and present with the Lord."

I know this will sound strange, but I almost wish Paul hadn't said that. That scripture confuses people and cause many to beleive the dead are alive and aware. They are not. The dead know nothing.

Paul uses this same wording in 1 corithians 5:3.. but, thankfully he placed in paretheses (as though i were present). In other words, he wasn't realy there, but he was supportive of what was going on there.

As we near the end, there will be only 2 distinct types of people. Those who keep the Commandments of God & those who do not.

An interesting thought: Those who keep the Commandments of God in the last days will not beleive the dead are alive.

But,, those who do not keep the Commandments of God, will believe the dead are alive
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! whether the dead are dead and as you put it their Spirits are dead or not, how can this fit scripture and th eothers Iam posting then
John 14:16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you.
Hebrews 13:5
Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.”
Romans 4:17That is what the Scriptures mean when God told him, “I have made you the father of many nations.” This happened because Abraham believed in the God who brings the dead back to life and who creates new things out of nothing.

God is talking about dead flesh that we are born with and by us agreeing with God that we are dead and go to the cross and die with Christ at the cross then God can bring us back to life at the resurrection of the cross as he alrwadt did his Son, beiing no longer of the flesh now of the Spirit of God being born again. Flesh is what is dead, Spirit of God that we are born agian unto is alive forever more and never dies, norever will
The battle today here and now is Flesh or God's Spirit
Ephesians 6:12For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

[h=3]Galatians 5:16-22[/h]New King James Version (NKJV)

[h=3]Walking in the Spirit[/h][SUP]16 [/SUP]I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. [SUP]17 [/SUP]For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. [SUP]18 [/SUP]But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, [SUP]20 [/SUP]idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, [SUP]21 [/SUP]envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
The above is not accomplished by any means of any work(s) of the flesh at all
It is and was accomplished by God through the cross death of, burial of as proof of the death, and most importantly the resurrection where life in the Spirit is sustained forever

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Law and order. And no lies.
God has by the cross put all things back to order, and those that have recieved obey the law(s) by God not only living in them but more importantly through them,we are to be at rest from any Human works of the flesh, made alive in the spirit where the Spirit does all the works of Love through them God's type as in 1 cor 13:4-13

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Thank you for all your responses guys. My brother and I certainly don't claim to have all the answers. There are central doctrinal truths that we can never compromise on. On other theological issues we need to ensure that we don't develop a dogmatic attitude and thereby bringing about division between our us and our fellow Christian brothers and sisters.

Our purpose in making this video was to get people thinking and talking about Heaven. What concerns my brother and I is the fact that generally speaking Heaven hasn't captured our imaginations or shaped our lives here on Earth. There is a disconnect between our lives on Earth and the life we imagine we'll live in Heaven. Is it because we have been told that we can't imagine what Heaven will be like? "No ear has heard nor eye has seen..."

C.S. Lewis said it well: "If you read history, you will find that the Christians who did the most for the present world were those who thought most of the next."
Yes and UI commend youon search for the whole truth found in Christ and nothing but the truth found in the resurrected Christ.
I say the resurrected Christ because most of this world's focus (thoughts) are stagnated at the death where He died for the whole world's sin(s). And are taught to go out and behave and get more blessings by acting good, by going ot this church or that Church here on earth, When are true citiuzenship is in heaven through the resurrection by God the Father when he raised his son back to life. Father wishes and does this for all that believe, just not all are made aware of this miraculous gift that is given to us to respond to not work at. By work at noone ever dies to their flesh and becomes alive to God, because they are too busy working at being and or staying saved, and when they sin they are taught to get more forgiveness over and over again which is a lie from the adversary, the enemy to keep one captivated at beiing better than others causing divisions as what is today been done
It is all God and none of us, god brought salvation to us by his Son Christ Jesus and hasd given it allthose that beleive, not all are aware of how deep this amazing gift goes and many are desperately working at being right with God being totally aware of his greatness and know they are not good enough yet try to be and stumble over the stumbling stone as the first Chosen have
Romans 11:6And since it is through God’s kindness, then it is not by their good works. For in that case, God’s grace would not be what it really is—free and undeserved
2 Corinthians 12:9Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.
Colossians 1:29That’s why I work and struggle so hard, depending on Christ’s mighty power that works within me

So there is work involved in salvation yes there is, so the question then is who's yours, God's or the earthly Church you attend? There is a giganic differance
[h=3]Hebrews 8:1-4[/h]New Living Translation (NLT)

[h=3]Christ Is Our High Priest[/h]8 Here is the main point: We have a High Priest who sat down in the place of honor beside the throne of the majestic God in heaven. [SUP]2 [/SUP]There he ministers in the heavenly Tabernacle, the true place of worship that was built by the Lord and not by human hands.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]And since every high priest is required to offer gifts and sacrifices, our High Priest must make an offering, too. [SUP]4 [/SUP]If he were here on earth, he would not even be a priest, since there already are priests who offer the gifts required by the law.

Jan 24, 2013
It's hard to say given many people's view of heaven, right next to their view of hell where many and some they know, will be burning in hell! This is not heaven as there would still be tears in the eyes of all who would look on such that are burning and plead mercy for them as well!

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I believe it will be a place that is beyound imagination. It will be unspeackable beauty. We will feel loved by all and a peace that never ends.

I have seen Jesus in a vision. He has the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen. I know the Jews probably had dark eyes, but I saw the most amazing blue eyes. I can't wait to get there.
You are already there in Spirit my Brother the born again Spirit placed with in you the day you first beleived, We allserve the living god with our inner man and if our flesh is not dead by beleif then we serve the law of sin and death with that. But if dead as God through the death has given us the availability to bedead in the flesh through the death of his Son which he has and you see this by belief then you are thus made alive to God in the Spirit of God here and now by the resurrection
So we read scripture read romans 6:1-11 and brother take every word slowly to heart and God will revael the truth of these passages to you, and all heaven opened up

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
It's hard to say given many people's view of heaven, right next to their view of hell where many and some they know, will be burning in hell! This is not heaven as there would still be tears in the eyes of all who would look on such that are burning and plead mercy for them as well!
My tears are for the hurt that is in me that when I see others not seeing the whole truth of the Gospel of the cross as Paul cried for the people that he almost wished himself to be accursed in order to save the unbeliever. Paul was this passionate. So how about te rest of us here now are we this passionate or are we still justy out for self masquerading as if we are not when we are, I can't answer that for anyone except myself, and God confirm to me by his Spirit that he put in me
Love you all unconditionally, having free choice given to us all by God, and without this free choice God would not be able to claim he loves you persoanlly to all personally. So why not we do the same, if we do really love our neighbor as God loves us then I think we might yes?