What's the best way to memprize the Multiplication Table?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

Fire7

I have a final exam coming up for pre-algebra, in about 2 weeks. I have A LOT of cramming to do! But I also realize that one of the little things slowing me down a great deal is not knowing my times tables by heart. I have always hated multiplication!!! Which is why I'm doing poorly in algebra, of course. I don't know why I have a phopbia of memorizing things, but Xs tables is definitely one of those huge feats I want to conquer! It's a very simple and basic thing to most people, but to me, it's like being a Knight trying to slay the great dragon.

I know I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but how did you learn them, and what would you say the quickest way is to learn them?

S

sf11change

Drill drill drill.. Go through each one.. counting up by 2's, 3's, 4's, etc... you get one wrong, start over..

then make flash cards and practice practice practice..

get all the easy ones out of the way.. 2, 5, 9, 10, 11.. for 9 remember the tricks like 9 x 7 is the number before (6) plus whatever adds to 9 (3) (ie. 6+3 = 9 ---- 9 x 7 = 63)

Then just drill and drill the others.. count up by whatever number, count down by that number, etc..

S

surgerygirl

My dad made me say it with a rhythm. So basically i used to sing it (more like rapping lol)....
so the song was 1 times 2 is 2.... 2 into 2 1....2 times 2 is 4... 4 into 2 2..... etc Initially it was hard and annoying but eventually it became simple and fun... hope this helped :)

S

sf11change

My dad made me say it with a rhythm. So basically i used to sing it (more like rapping lol)....
so the song was 1 times 2 is 2.... 2 into 2 1....2 times 2 is 4... 4 into 2 2..... etc Initially it was hard and annoying but eventually it became simple and fun... hope this helped :)

Oh yeah that reminds me. Try searching on youtube "Schoolhouse Rock Multiplication" .. they have ones for 1-10 and maybe even up to 15.. but they might help you out cause they are pretty catchy songs :) .. haha..

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Heres my huge secret...

I do multiplication using my fingers

Heres my other secret

it doesnt work