Whats your favorite scripture(s) in the bible?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

rita

One of my favorite scriptures/verses
Psalm 37:5New Living Translation (NLT)

5*Commit everything you do to theLord.
****Trust him, and he will help you.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

The 23rd Psalm

John 3:16

Romans 3:23

:) :) :)

R

Riv

[SUP]
I really like this at the moment.:)

Proverbs 3:5-6

5 [/SUP]Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
[SUP]6 [/SUP]in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

B

BlackTigress777

Job 26:7 -
"He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing."

Idk about anyone else, but to me Personally..This one verse validates the Bible in my opinion.

Really think about it.

Lets say that you were just born here, and grew older (of course), without Any idea of God, and no advanced technology (example: NASA - Rocket ships and such) what so ever.

Would you literally think that where you are (the Earth) - the place where you're currently living within, is indeed a contained Thing that is hanged on Nothing? Would you actually think that the Earth is a "Planet" that's basically floating in "Space" - within an entire "Universe"..?

Chances are - you would have No idea of any of that; No idea of space, the universe, and the idea that Earth is in fact a planet - along with other planets. You were just born on into this life. You probably wouldn't even know what the Earth is, you're just Here - on this strange, large, unique atmospheric place.
Especially with the use of gravity (everything up must come down - to the ground), without the technology of NASA or any type of way to go into space, there's No Way that anyone would know that the Earth is hung upon nothing.

At a time where no NASA or any form of space technology existed, there's simply no way that any human being would know that without God. God Specifically had to tell Job that. Simply amazing. That is my favorite Bible verse.

..Don't forget about the other mentioning of planets in 2 Kings 23:5..

M

Malcyboy

I would say Genesis to Revelations is my favourite! (cliche i know haha)

But a scripture that stands out to me at the present is Proverbs 18:10

"The name of the LORD is. strong tower
The righteous runneth into it and is safe"

beautiful scripture, promise and truth right there! :D excited just thinking about it :)

S

seemspeculiar

Delayed hope makes the heart sick: but when the desire is fulfilled, it is a tree of life.

K

kittycat7

The Lord says,] "Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. — Isaiah 46:4

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
Right now this is still my favorite for very personal reasons, but it's such good advice.

Matthew 5:30 "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell."

X

xeniego

John 19:30 - "... It is finished..."

Delerion

Feb 9, 2013
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 1st Timothy 4:12.

E

ELECT

Romans 8:28King James Version (KJV)

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

B

baptisttechwoman92

my life verse is Jeremiah 29:11 "I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future."

That verse has definately got me through some rough patches in my life.

S

Starsdance

And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus----Philippians4:6-7

HannahYesMe

Sep 24, 2014
my signature explains it all :p 1 Peter 5:7 ... I also really like when Jesus talks to the criminal on the cross. Knowing that his faith and belief got him to Heaven even though he wreaked havoc on earth.