What's your opinion on gay couples adopting?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Studentjamie

My name is Jamie, I am in College majoring In social behavior. For one of my classes im doing a big research report about people's opinion on gay couples adopting children. I have chosen the Christian community because of the stereotypical views A majority of people have. I'm also interviewing the gay communities so I can get two different sides of the argument. Please leave your opinion or directly email me at [email protected]. Thank you for your time!

N

Nancyer

While I believe that a straight, mother & father, living together as man and wife in the same house is the best possible way for a child to be raised I also believe that 2 loving people who truly want to be parents is far and away better than a child living in a facility or being moved from foster home to foster home until he/she is just too old to be in the system anymore. Children just want to be wanted and loved. Following the same criteria as a straight couple would go through, of course, no special treatment for fear of descremination, or being p.c. they have to meet the same requirements. I'll probably get a lot of scripture thrown at me about gay lifestyle and homosexuality but it's really never bothered me. I've never understood why what 2 people do in the privacy of their bedrooms matters to others. If 2 people are committed to each other enough to want to adopt I say good for them. Yes there will be concerns and difficulties that other adopted children wouldn't have to deal with and it all needs to be handled very carefully. But isn't the important thing the fact that a child will have a home and a family, be wanted and loved and cared for?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
If by "stereotypical" you mean do I think homosexuality is a sin, and by no means should children be raised by those who despise the Lord and his crystal clear word on the subject, and expose and teach the children that their sinful behavior is acceptable and the same as God intended one man one woman relationships....then yeah, pencil me in as a "stereotypical" Christian!

May 9, 2012
Just gonna put it out there, I've seen this post multiple times today in 4 of the forums and I think one post is plenty. If people will comment, they will comment. :) I know you are new but please try not to flood CC with the same post..

R

Relena7

You can't really stereotype here. There are plenty of straight couples who've raised screwed up kids. As well as gay couples who raise perfectly healthy kids. And the other way around. And for those against being gay, the sexuality of the parents won't affect the sexuality of the kid. You are what you are no matter which gender your parents are attracted to.

I agree it's not traditional, and may raise controversy. And depending on if you live in an intolerant community or not, it could make your life and your kids lives harder, due to people not being accepting. In extreme cases it could make the family a target for hate crimes. So that could be something to consider for the child's sake. (Probably a better option for those living in a more liberal town) But I don't see the fact that a couple is gay a reason on its own for not adopting a kid.

Same as with a straight couple considering adoption, it doesn't bother me as long as they are fit parents.

S

Studentjamie

Sorry I'm just trying to get opinions from different age groups, the teens, young adults and parents, so I can collect their veiws hopefully based on age. I'm also new to this site, sorry for any inconveniences

Aug 15, 2009
Sorry I'm just trying to get opinions from different age groups, the teens, young adults and parents, so I can collect their veiws hopefully based on age. I'm also new to this site, sorry for any inconveniences
If children are raised in a homosexual lifestyle and consider it "normal", what else will they consider normal? If clearly stated standards in the Bible are laid aside for "do as thou wilt", the statements made by individuals, spoken or unspoken, are that God's word really isn't that important, and we don't have to follow it if we don't want to. We can just be Christians and do as we want. God understands and will let me in heaven anyway.:rolleyes: