When a Christian single man LOVES a woman, he will _______________ .

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

When a Christian man is seeing a girl, and, really likes the girl, he will insist that they do not live in the same location BEFORE marriage.

Your turn, guys :)

And, oh, YES!, I literally, DO mean 'guys,' miladies, for they are WHO this thread is talking to :)

But, you're welcome to listen :) The Lord leads :)

And, oh, OK, if you sooo feel led to put something down, go for it, it's all goooooood from Him :)

K

KJV15John11

When a Christian man is seeing a girl, and, really likes the girl, he will encourage her to do what is best for her life even if it means that path will lead away from him.

K

kenthomas27

He'll set her free

[video=youtube;x8UG3a408cU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8UG3a408cU&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

G

GreenNnice

I think, kentom, bro, a device, trick, debauchery, way of The Enemy is to make us think we will think about a girl all the rest of our days when she seperates from us, for God can make that mind of ours renewed. This song, although very touching is very revealing of how I don't think God wants us to carry on after a relationship with a girl is over.

And, when we think of wanting to say this, 'I will have a part of her in me the rest of my life even though there's no more,' this kind of vow only serves to HURT us, not to mention, the next girl in our life as there is ALWAYS going to be that piece of that other girl left around in our heart, like a small bone piece chipped off in someone's ankle that keeps reminding them every day of the decison they're making to keep that girl 'around.'

yes, and, sorry, if I upset folks, this is tough kind of talk, perhaps, to you, I pray He speaks to you then :) But, yes, that Satan is a snake and he wants to KEEP stealing our joy of our present relationship by bringing wrought the past joy we had of a past relationship that was so strong but....is now gone.

Gone, through whatever fate of our own doing a dumb thing to her, or, God's plan, or, even, like Job, Satan's being allowed to attack, we no longer have that joy of her in our life. By dwelling on it, swelling it in our minds, we just don't give God anything but bitterness, in a very small 'chipped' sense. But, don't you know, too, that the little 'chip' in your ankle could rub into becoming a major problem, where you are no longer just with an ever-so-slight limp to needing surgery because the bone piece ruptured your tendon, so to speak.

But, kentom, I really like the sentiment that song shows, it's good to remember a past relationship, but, at some point, the Lord leads, no matter how much we want to KEEP that person in a small, tucked-away section of our heart, we need to let go and let God assuage that pain of them completely leaving our heart, our mind, and, maybe, you want to even say, your soul. 'Soul' would be if we were singing a Rod Steward song, and, keep in mind Stewart's song is ALL worldly, as he meets a girl by pure physical attraction, sounds like the same day met even, even though, it's probably not the same day, but, they are DEFINITELY not married . ONLY our true love we have married should we say:

"You're in my heart, you're in my soul." BEcause when we marry, God says it, not me, those TWO become ONE. Not until. But then yes they are one flesh.
-------------------------------

K

kenthomas27

Green says: "You're in my heart, you're in my soul." BEcause when we marry, God says it, not me, those TWO become ONE. Not until. But then yes they are one flesh.

Mr. Leed - In your rambling road way, you speak the truth. Thank you. Time makes a pretty face beautiful and a careless demeanor sweet. Ask ole Miss Treater.

G

GreenNnice

Green says: "You're in my heart, you're in my soul." BEcause when we marry, God says it, not me, those TWO become ONE. Not until. But then yes they are one flesh.

Mr. Leed - In your rambling road way, you speak the truth. Thank you. Time makes a pretty face beautiful and a careless demeanor sweet. Ask ole Miss Treater.
God bless you, brother.

But, can I be honest with you, I don't understand a thing you say :D Oh, except the rambling, I'm good at that, s'pose , the Lord leads :)

A

adekruif

Marry her.

A

adekruif

What do you mean by this, aidK, besides, the obvious :D
Take a knee like Peyton when he finishes off a game. Surprise the lucky lady with a rock, like Thor rocks the world when he drops his hammer. Then watch her walk down the aisle, like, well a man waiting for his bride. :D

G

GreenNnice

Take a knee like Peyton when he finishes off a game. Surprise the lucky lady with a rock, like Thor rocks the world when he drops his hammer. Then watch her walk down the aisle, like, well a man waiting for his bride. :D
You mean, when he takes that step of commmitment, he doesn't just lead her on in a relationship for 5 years?

I can see this true, because if you are to wait for consecration of your love for each other until marriage, then, the longer you wait, the harder it is to wait. So, yes, the Lord leads, but, I agree, aidK, better sooner than later to just get down on a knee and say 'Marry me.' Amen. :) I do though think that a time enough to get to know the person is good, like 6 months from engagement to marriage, but that is just me speaking although I'm sure a lot of others will agree with me :)

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
This thread is begging for this song....
[video=youtube;ZBwWmNlyS9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBwWmNlyS9k[/video]

Gary

Oct 23, 2011
[video=youtube;9xdyRsGOl6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xdyRsGOl6U[/video]

D

didymos

This thread is begging for this song (...)

No?
Such a tacky song. Bryan Adams is not very convincing and tends to gives me the creeps too. ;)

Now here's a REAL song about being in love...

[video=youtube;jHS8LAqHyHs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHS8LAqHyHs[/video]

K

kenthomas27

God bless you, brother.

But, can I be honest with you, I don't understand a thing you say :D Oh, except the rambling, I'm good at that, s'pose , the Lord leads :)
That's OK Mr. Green! Let me try and clarify, cause I was just thinking or writing out loud. What I'm saying is that time takes two different tolls on an absent person. The one toll is a memory which is often kind. The other toll is reality which is sometimes not so kind. So when I said that time "makes a pretty face beautiful and a careless demeanor sweet" I was speaking of the memory of that person. The reality, though, can make a pretty face fade and a careless demeanor sour.

N

nw2u

Green, love takes time, commitment and decision to do the best that we can to provide for the needs of the woman we love. Knowing her needs takes time. Many men get confused and do not realize they are not meeting her needs. I'm not even talking about sex here. Sex is then another need that must be met.

While there is a thread going on that comments that sex is not a need to survive, I agree. We will not die if we do not have sex. We may very well lose the love of the one person that we committed our lives to in front of God and humankind. We may be sinning as well since we have promised to love and cherish this woman. Sex in marriage, is a need, not to be taken lightly.

I just think that this love you speak of is more infatuation until the marriage ceremony and life returns to normal. I'd give that at least two years after the ceremony, sometimes more. That's when the real love begins. It can at times, seem like work. It's a choice to do the things that your wife sees as love. Love is really an action word then.

Men must love themselves first. They must do the best they can to provide. Men must be dedicated to themselves, their work, their marriage, and their wives, actively expressing love toward them.

B

BananaPie

He will, actually, go earn a living to provide for her overall well-being.
He will protect her honor with his very own heart.
He will always treasure her for the remainder of his life.

Last edited:
A

adekruif

You mean, when he takes that step of commmitment, he doesn't just lead her on in a relationship for 5 years?

I can see this true, because if you are to wait for consecration of your love for each other until marriage, then, the longer you wait, the harder it is to wait. So, yes, the Lord leads, but, I agree, aidK, better sooner than later to just get down on a knee and say 'Marry me.' Amen. :) I do though think that a time enough to get to know the person is good, like 6 months from engagement to marriage, but that is just me speaking although I'm sure a lot of others will agree with me :)
After prayerful consideration, yes he takes that step of commitment. And as far as engagement, all situations are different but I thing an engagement of less than a year is optimal. Longer than that and it's a bit long.