When did church turn into a variety show?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Anonimous

I don't why I bothered to do it but I did. I thought to myself," Well, let's see what is happening on TBN this morning." The first thing I saw was a bunch of people wearing these very tacky gold suits...not robes...suits up on the stage singing and dancing around. We are supposed to be joyful and enter His gates with Thanksgiving in our hearts...but, dancing and doing the hoochy koochy?

After that I changed to DayStar...they were still doing a Spring Telethon since last week. The week before that they were doing a Share-a-thon. I'm sorry but I have no need of a genuine simulated shofar...or a prayer shawl fashioned after the same type that Jesus wore....nor do I need a piece of cloth that an anointed servant of God that has been prayed over and sweated on...and of course, my favorite...the annointed message that God wants every faithful believer to have in their possession...for an offering of $75.00.

Any more I can't tell the difference between these stations and QVC or American Idol. I am starting to think that the best thing a believer can do is avoid these "christian" channels altogether.

A

Abiding

Wasnt TV meant to entertain?
When was tv christianity not a variety show?

Nov 26, 2011
I don't why I bothered to do it but I did. I thought to myself," Well, let's see what is happening on TBN this morning." The first thing I saw was a bunch of people wearing these very tacky gold suits...not robes...suits up on the stage singing and dancing around. We are supposed to be joyful and enter His gates with Thanksgiving in our hearts...but, dancing and doing the hoochy koochy?

After that I changed to DayStar...they were still doing a Spring Telethon since last week. The week before that they were doing a Share-a-thon. I'm sorry but I have no need of a genuine simulated shofar...or a prayer shawl fashioned after the same type that Jesus wore....nor do I need a piece of cloth that an anointed servant of God that has been prayed over and sweated on...and of course, my favorite...the annointed message that God wants every faithful believer to have in their possession...for an offering of $75.00.

Any more I can't tell the difference between these stations and QVC or American Idol. I am starting to think that the best thing a believer can do is avoid these "christian" channels altogether.
State of Delusion

[video=youtube;XPuhbm74JRU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPuhbm74JRU[/video]

OnThisRock

Jan 20, 2011

Hahhaha!!!!! Well, I am over that, but am now seeing how this kind of behavior is busting through the internet and websites. There's this one prophetic ministry that I was looking into. They are like totally online and have some sort of compound situation in San Diego. I attempted to go to one of their conferences and then cancelled and THEY TOOK MY 50 DOLLAR FEE!!!!!!! Next thing I know, they have words of wisdom and give prophetic words via email, but then say, "If you'd like to know more about this, get our book for $9.99". Oh yeah, they also advertise their prophetic school for a 'small fee'. Bahahahhaha. One time, I called them in crisis, and I asked them to pray for me, and it was totally ridiculous. They never followed up with me, but I still got information on buying their books!

I'm staying close to Jesus!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I turned them off in the late 70's. Is Paul $$$ and Jan$$$ still going?

A

Anonimous

Hahhaha!!!!! Well, I am over that, but am now seeing how this kind of behavior is busting through the internet and websites. There's this one prophetic ministry that I was looking into. They are like totally online and have some sort of compound situation in San Diego. I attempted to go to one of their conferences and then cancelled and THEY TOOK MY 50 DOLLAR FEE!!!!!!! Next thing I know, they have words of wisdom and give prophetic words via email, but then say, "If you'd like to know more about this, get our book for $9.99". Oh yeah, they also advertise their prophetic school for a 'small fee'. Bahahahhaha. One time, I called them in crisis, and I asked them to pray for me, and it was totally ridiculous. They never followed up with me, but I still got information on buying their books!

I'm staying close to Jesus!
Is it any wonder why Christians are kind of frowned upon by the world? I just saw an offer on some other channel about a healing course thet were offering. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Brother! MARANATHA...

A

Anonimous

Yep. still going. It might be hard to believe but she is wearing more makeup than ever these days. Actually, i think her head is the isze of a golf ball. everythinh else is make up....

A

Anonimous

You haven't missed much. Well, nothing good anyway. I am having a sale on prayer cloths this week. 19.99

A

Anonimous

I saw one preacher on youtube but couldn't firgure how to get it in here...it was amazingly bad...and funny...

Feb 11, 2012

Why not take it one step furthur and throw your TV away, or atleast the cable! Not much good on, get into the word of God, and know that TBN along with many churches and ministries today are preaching a false gospel, the TBN show is an abomination to God, and also to His saints!

But so is the likes of Charles Stanley, Billy Graham, John Piper. Joel Osteen, and many, more wolves, professing Christianity considerd good sound teachers, I diddnt post this reply to explain why most who profess Christ lack any discernment, you can go to any church or forum today and what they teach and who they recommend as sound teachers is a joke!

“Lord, are there FEW who are saved?” Luke 13:23

Do you realize how FEW will be saved? I doubt if you do realize it. Modern Day religion has everyone saved and on the road to heaven. But Jesus said only a FEW would remain on the Narrow Way to the end. In fact He answered the question above in this manner:

“STRIVE to enter through the Narrow Gate, for many (the majority) will seek to enter and will NOT be able.” Luke 13:24

WHY isn’t this made part of the Gospel message proclaimed in today’s churches? Could it be that most of you love having your ears tickled with fairy tales about an easy path covered in rose peddles that leads to eternal life? You want forgiveness without true godly sorrow and renunciation of sin and Full Salvation without a committed Walk of Obedience to the truth! But your hopes are merely a pipe dream built on men’s notions about Christ, they have no Foundation in Scripture. The problem is that you simply DO NOT really believe what the Bible has to say about these things. (but you will accept almost anything men have to say)

You think that repeating a prayer written in a tract or recited at the church alter is going to get you into heaven when you die, because some preacher told you so. Comparing you’re supposed ‘salvation experience’ against the Light of Scripture is something you will NEVER do. YET you are Commanded to do so MORE than once!

“EXAMINE yourselves as to whether (or not) you are in the faith! PROVE yourselves. Do you NOT know yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you? Unless indeed you are disqualified.” 2Cor 13:5

God demands that you bring forth FRUIT (Evidence!) of your salvation. (Matt 3:8) MANY ‘think’ they have received His Grace, but Nothing has changed inside their heart. They still love the world and remain in bondage to their lust and selfish desires. No one has ever told them that it is indeed possible to ‘receive’ His Grace in VAIN. (to no purpose, without effect! 2Cor 6:1, 1Thess 3:5) NOTHING in the Bible even slightly indicates that you can be forgiven by Grace while you continue to practice known and willful sin. Because GRACE WILL NOT Pardon what it CANNOT ERADICATE!

“Knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin, for he who has died has been freed from sin.” Rom 6:6-7

“Most assuredly I say to you whoever commits sin is a slave to sin, but if the SON makes you free you shall be FREE INDEED!” John 8:34-36

WHY would the Bible say that you can be set free from the bondage and corruption of sin on one hand, but you will sin everyday for the rest of your life in thought, word and deed because no one is perfect, therefore GRACE will make up the difference?? The simple answer to the question is OBVIOUS! BECAUSE IT SAYS NO SUCH THING!
The very first step in coming to Christ is FULL Renunciation of sin. That’s what ‘godly sorrow’ will produce. (2Cor 7:10) REPENTANCE NOT TO BE REGRETTED! In other words a ZEAL to clear yourself before God, through the Blood of Christ, ‘Cease to do evil and LEARN to do well!’

Don’t tell me there are practicing drunkards, adulterers, liars, homosexuals, fornicators and idolaters on the Road to heaven! The Bible says otherwise. (more than once! 1Cor 6:9-10, Eph 5:5-7, Gal 5:19-21) It doesn’t matter what the preachers are saying, WHO are you going to believe? A pack of wolves bent on leading you down the road to destruction or the Blessed Holy Spirit of God, who calls you by His Glory and Grace?
READ the scripture for yourselves! The meaning is not obscured, GOD is NOT trying to trick you. You will REAP what you SOW, it’s a DIVINE axiom. (Gal 6:7-8)

Jesus said that MOST people would end up at the Great Judgment claiming to have known Him and done His work on earth, yet they remained in darkness and practiced a lawless ‘form’ of religion. (read it for yourself in Matt 7:21-23) Chances are pretty likely that you have NEVER had this passage of scripture applied to your heart in church or on so-called religious television and radio. But Jesus Continues to Cry Out:

”WHY do you call me Lord and DO NOT DO the things I Command!?” Lk 6:46

Would you favor someone who remained obstinate and disobedient to your every command, and thumbed their noses at your constant prodding to perform their Duty? Of course you wouldn’t, but you’re not God. You still think that GRACE somehow cuts you enough slack in this life, to get you in ‘under the wire’ no matter how much you indulged your passions and desires here on earth. The pastor told you ‘it’s NOT of works!’ and you bought into his notion of a ‘dead faith’ that guarantees your entrance into the kingdom when you die. You NEVER sought out the true meaning of a ‘WORKING FAITH’ that establishes and upholds God’s Commands, KEEPS His Word and ENDURES to the End.

“For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision or uncircumcised avails anything, but FAITH WORKING BY LOVE!” Gal 5:6

“Since you have PURIFIED your hearts by OBEDIENCE to the Truth!” 1Pet 1:22

Do we make Void the law through faith? God forbid! On the contrary we ESTABLISH the law!” Rom 3:31

“Do you see that faith was WORKING together with his works and by WORKS faith was made perfect!” James 2:22

“We are WORKERS together with HIM, so we do not receive the GRACE of God in VAIN!” 2Cor 6:1

“WORK OUT your own salvation with fear and trembling.” Phil 2:12

The Choice is yours to make. You can continue, with the Vast Majority, to have your ears tickled by modern day preachers who will explain away everything the Bible has to say about salvation and faith. You can Count on them being correct in their ‘understanding’ of these things and face the Great Judge in your present state of indulgence. But remember THIS…..YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! And you will have NO ONE but yourself to blame throughout eternity, without Christ. The Bible is clear enough, its man who distorts the message and handles the Word of God deceitfully. (2Cor 4:2) www.standingthegap.org

The Message is only veiled to those who are perishing. Are you one of them?

U

Ugly

While i am dead set against Trinkets Bobbles and Nicknacks, i don't really see the problem with dancing.

U

unclefester

I'm surprised someone hasn't tried cashing in on a Gospel Restaurant/Drive Thru theme just yet.

Can I take your order ?

Yeah ... I'l have two apostle burgers with no onions and the Mary Magdelene special. And can I upgrade my Peter Cola to a large burning bush Moses milkshake ?

Sure can sir. And will you be tithing with your order today ? Drive up to the second confessional for your total. :cool:

C

cfultz3

State of Delusion

[video=youtube;XPuhbm74JRU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPuhbm74JRU[/video]
An eyeopener for those delusioned in believing they can walk contrary to God and still think they are walking on the straight and narrow road. Be wise, and heed to God in His leading.