When Does Zechariah 14 take place ....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013
Past, Present or Future ? Some input will be appreciated thank you :)

Zechariah 14

King James Bible
The Destroyers of Jerusalem Destroyed
1Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 2For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. 5And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
6And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark: 7But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
8And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.
10All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses. 11And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.
12And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth. 13And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour. 14And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance. 15And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.
All Nations will Worship the King
16And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. 18And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 19This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
20In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD'S house shall be like the bowls before the altar. 21Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.

thx and God bless you all in Jesus mighty name :)

Jul 26, 2013
It is starting now. As long as we refuse to come to the feast of the LORD, we will continue to die by the plague. The people of God will indeed divide the spoil (abundance of the earth) among themselves.

N

nathan3

Actually That chapter 14, has to do with The Lord's Day. I have never studied that book. But , I can recommend a study for you if you are interested let me know . And I know a little about the Lord's day written else where ( Revelation 1: 10 ; Rev 11: 15 ; Rev 20: ; II Peter 3: 8 and many other chapters In Ezekiel and Isaiah I can't recall.)

I can recommend a study like I said, let me know if your really interested in a study for that.

Last edited:
N

nathan3

Here are more scriptures regarding the Lord's Day ( the thousand years ) Ezekiel 40-48 ; The minor prophets go into it some as well ( I don't know which ones and where in them ) . Isaiah 11 also.
Zech.13&14 (1000yrs /Ps.90:4). Its emphasized over and over (Zech.12:10/ Zech.13:1,2/ Zech.14:1,3,4,7,9,..).

Probably not all the notes, but your probably be busy reading these for now. And if you want a study let me know.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2010
Vic, when there were trouble in Jerusalem just before my wife went with a group of people from our then "home church" they requested prayer for peace in Jerusalem...

I believe the Holy Spirit of God LEADS a person before He fills the person. So as we LEARN to know the Truth of God, HE still shows us some things we hould not get involved in... Stupid things once you know the Truth, but when you do not know the Truth, you are rather uninformed as to the will of God. So when the request came to pray for peace over Jerusalem something witheld me from joining the prayer.... And when I read the Scripture on why Jerusalem will NOT HAVE PEACE, I understood.

Here is the answer to Zecharia, and what Jesus came to do.... It is a Biblical Truth that Jesus came to save the lost SHEEP OF ISRAEL. Jesus did NOT come to save the world, but because they (Israel) REJECTED His salvation, they are blinded for a time. Jesus said this.... JErusalem Jerusalem, how many times did I want to gather you like a hen her chicks.... BUT because you accepted Me NOT, this city I will leave in DESOLATE.... UNTILL YOU (Jerusalem) shall say.... Blesssed is He that cometh in the Name of the LORD....

So here is the Truth about Jerusalem.... That city was left in desolation from that moment Jesus was standing on the mount of olives and saying these words.... And it will remain so until the same day spoken of in Zacharias... the day the ISRAELTES and the city of JERUSALEM, will say..... BLESSED IS HE THAT COMETH IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!

Some will argue this, but what do you think is that day also the day God does this....? Romans 11:25 and 26.... That Israel (and Jerusalem) are blinded in part. That means only a number of Israel would still know God, until ALL of Israel will be saved the moment the NUMBER OF GENTILES has entered into the Kingdom... There is NEVER a mention that ALL gentiles will be saved, and here in Romans it is clear there are a SPICIFIC numbe of Gentiles that would enter. THEN THE BIBLE SAYS ALL of Israel will be saved.... That is the DAY JERUSALEM (ALL OF ISRAEL) WILL SAY.... BELSSED IS HE THAT COMETH IN THE NAME OF THE LORD.... When the BLINDNESS of ISRAEL is taken away, and the sin (ungodliness) of Jacob is removed...

Here is the Scripture ... This GENERATION, is not that era of people, it is that KIND of people.... Generation in the Word can mean two things, it can mean that generation that lives right then, or it can mean that type of people.... The generation that KILLS the prohets are still alive today, as they were when they killed Jesus and all the other prophets...

Romans 11... For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

And Matthew 23... Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
Mat 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
Mat 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013
It is starting now. As long as we refuse to come to the feast of the LORD, we will continue to die by the plague. The people of God will indeed divide the spoil (abundance of the earth) among themselves.
Exactly, how did you come to this conclusion "we will continue to die by the plague" ?

God bless

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013
Here are more scriptures regarding the Lord's Day ( the thousand years ) Ezekiel 40-48 ; The minor prophets go into it some as well ( I don't know which ones and where in them ) . Isaiah 11 also.
Zech.13&14 (1000yrs /Ps.90:4). Its emphasized over and over (Zech.12:10/ Zech.13:1,2/ Zech.14:1,3,4,7,9,..).

Probably not all the notes, but your probably be busy reading these for now. And if you want a study let me know.
Thx nathan3 checking them out now

God bless

N

nathan3

I'll try to locate the ones found in the Minor Prophets .

N

nathan3

Joel 1: ; Malachi 4:. I see they are located else where in the prophets, but its Not as obvious in those other places Unless your more studied . You need to be familiar with the scriptures to see when its referencing it. So there could be much more. This is the case with anything in the Bible we have our senses exercised studying God's words . otherwise these things remain hidden to those that don't really care about it.

As you probably know, by now the Lord's Day is future: It is Christ return to this earth ( 1 Thess 4: 16-17. - means not just as it appears in English -, 1 Corinthians 15:51-54 ) ; II Thess 2:9 ; Rev 11: 15 etc )

Last edited:

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013
Seems like it , what trully draw my interest in Zechariah 14 perhaps was due to verse 12

Zechariah 14:12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

perhaps i miss something in the O.T. , that cross refrence towards this verse don't remember anything like it.

God bless

Sep 4, 2012
Z 14 describes both past and future events. Verse 1-5 describes things that have happened in the past, and the rest seem to describe things that will happen in the future.

There is a corruption of verse 5 in most 'western' bibles (for lack of a better word at the moment) that really becomes a stumbling block to people. If you look at most bibles in the world, this is basically what it says:

The valley between the hills will be filled in, yes, it will be blocked as far as Jasol [Azal], it will be filled in as it was by the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Zechariah 14:5, New Jerusalem Bible​

There is a tremendous amount of evidence that this version is correct, and that the event described has already happened. For more info on this see - Deciphering Zechariah 14:5 | An indepth analysis of Zechariah 14:5.

N

nathan3

Seems like it , what trully draw my interest in Zechariah 14 perhaps was due to verse 12

Zechariah 14:12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

perhaps i miss something in the O.T. , that cross refrence towards this verse don't remember anything like it.

God bless
It's probably pointing to the change that takes place at Lord's Day. I Corinthians 15:50-52. After all It is what the chapter is about .(( I Corinthians 15:50 ))

Last edited:

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013
Z 14 describes both past and future events. Verse 1-5 describes things that have happened in the past, and the rest seem to describe things that will happen in the future.

There is a corruption of verse 5 in most 'western' bibles (for lack of a better word at the moment) that really becomes a stumbling block to people. If you look at most bibles in the world, this is basically what it says:

The valley between the hills will be filled in, yes, it will be blocked as far as Jasol [Azal], it will be filled in as it was by the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Zechariah 14:5, New Jerusalem Bible​

There is a tremendous amount of evidence that this version is correct, and that the event described has already happened. For more info on this see - Deciphering Zechariah 14:5 | An indepth analysis of Zechariah 14:5.
I notice you did much of the work this is interesting thx

God bless

E

eternally-gratefull

God bless

This if nothing else. should show you it has not happened yet.

study what happens to a persons body when they are faced with a helium bomb explosion.

you will see the very things which are mentioned here will happen.. Nothing else in history of the world would make this happen as it is described by the prophet.