When God Intervened

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Angela4131

I like to share a story that happened years ago while working in a General Surgery Unit. I was assigned to look after an elderly man in his late seventies. A couple weeks back when I admitted him, he appeared in the brink of good health despite his gallstones problem. A week later, he underwent the removal and he was fine for a couple of days after. Then he started to show signs and symptoms of severe infection. I heard about this during the handover. He was cared for by other nurses during that time.

After four days away from work, I was assigned to care for him. He looked very frail and weak. He told me that the doctors were at a loss to help him because he had the dreaded antibiotic resistant bacteral infection. His prognosis was poor. He said that he hardly slept since it began due to the very high fever which left him drenched in sweat every night after taking medications to contain the fever. He also said that he would not make it till Friday which was only three days away. I had no clue how he knew that but at that moment, I stopped whatever I was doing, looked at him straight in the eye and told him that he was not going to die. I also said that he will see his grandchildren grow up and he would not dare die and waste all the hours the nurses spent caring for him.

I usually try not to mention my belief to my patients but I knew at the time, God was the only one who can help him. I asked him if he believed in God and he promptly answered yes. I asked him to wait until all the lights were turned off for the night
and just have a heart to heart talk with God. I told him not to say any other prayers. Talking with God was enough. I reassured him that if he spoke from the heart, God will answer. After I said this, he suddenly grabbed my hand, closed his eyes and thanked God for the message. At that very moment, I felt a very warm feeling permeated my whole body. I closed my eyes and it felt as if everything stopped. There was only silence and the warmth. I slowly opened my eyes and his eyes met mine. He was smiling and thanked me. I told him, it was God, not me.

Next day, I was assigned to care for him again. The doctors gathered around his bed, all looking very happy. They told him that a miracle happened. He did not have a fever overnight and slept soundly throughout the night. He was on his way to recovery. They asked him what he thought of it. He just smiled, turned to me and winked saying, "We know nurse, don't we?". He told me afterwards that he did what I asked him to do and God answered.

Oct 7, 2013
What a blessing. Yes, and God answered.

What a beautiful account.