When He sees us, He only sees His grace?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
I've heard it said a lot that whenever God sees us, He sees only His grace, He sees us through the blood of Jesus, or He only sees what we will become in Him. But, if that were the case, how could He chastise us when we need it?

Is there any biblical support for the concept, and if so, could someone direct me to the verses?

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
bottom line humans always have free will, Yahweh has mercy, guides and strengthens us with His Spirit, but we still have free will and are held accountable for our actions, righteous or evil.

Mattithyah 16:27, “For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His Malakim; and then He will reward every man according to his works.”

Yahchanan (John) 5:28-30, “Do not be astonished at this-for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice, and will come forth. Those who have practiced righteousness will be resurrected in order to live; and those who have practiced wickedness will be resurrected in order to be damned."

Acts 17:30-31, “In the past Yahweh winked at such ignorance, but now He commands all men everywhere to repent! For He has appointed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness, by a Man whom He has ordained; and He has given evidence to everyone by raising Him from the dead.”

Romans 2:4-11, “Or do you despise the riches of His kindness, forbearance, and longsuffering; not realizing that Yahweh’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance? But according to your stubborn and impenitent mind you are storing up wrath for yourself for the day of Yahweh’s wrath, when the righteous judgment of Yahweh will be revealed; when He will reward each one according to his works: to the ones on the one hand, who, by patient persistence in doing righteousness, seek for glory, honor and immortality, He will give eternal life. But to the ones on the other hand, who are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, He will give indignation and wrath.” Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man who does evil: to the Yahdai(Jew) first, and also to the Greek (Gentile) But glory, honor, and peace to every man who works righteousness: to the Yahdai first, and also to the Greek. For there is no respect of persons with Yahweh.”

2 Corinthians 5:10, “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Messiah, that each one may receive his reward according to what he has done in the body, whether righteous or evil.”

Colossians 3:24-25, “Knowing that from Yahweh you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve Yahshua the Messiah. But he who does wrong will receive the reward for the wrong he has done, and there is no respect of persons.”

1 Kepha (Peter) 1:17-18, “And if you call on the Father, Who without respect of persons judges according to each man’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your sojourning here in reverence. Knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, such as silver or gold, from your idolatrous way of life handed down to you by tradition from your fathers.”

Revelation 20:12-13, “And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before Yahweh. And the books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and Death and Sheol delivered up the dead which were in them. And they were judged, every man, according to their works.”

Revelation 22:12, “And behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work will be.”

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I've heard it said a lot that whenever God sees us, He sees only His grace, He sees us through the blood of Jesus, or He only sees what we will become in Him. But, if that were the case, how could He chastise us when we need it?

Is there any biblical support for the concept, and if so, could someone direct me to the verses?
I will try to post what might be of reverence for you. But it does take you to read it all in context and trusting God to reveal the truth to you, that sets you free to be in God and do in God what is right, without stressing over it. That is what trusting God whom we do not see is all about.

First and foremost in and from God through Son we are :
Ephesians 1:7 in whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Colossians 1:14 in whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses
1 John 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name’s sake.

We are reconciled, redeemed, and have redemption through the death, burial and resurrected Christ.

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life
2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
Colossians 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
1 Peter 1:18 forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
Romans 3:24 being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
Hebrews 9:12 neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us
Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance

Now if you believe God then you receive God's new life God has for you in the Spirit, which today is the only way God can be served

John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

God does this operation through one's belief in God
[h=3]Colossians 1:9-23[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

[SUP]9 [/SUP]For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; [SUP]10 [/SUP]that ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; [SUP]11 [/SUP]strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; [SUP]12 [/SUP]giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: [SUP]13 [/SUP]who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: [SUP]14 [/SUP]in whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: [SUP]15 [/SUP]who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: [SUP]16 [/SUP]for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: [SUP]17 [/SUP]and he is before all things, and by him all things consist. [SUP]18 [/SUP]And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. [SUP]19 [/SUP]For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; [SUP]20 [/SUP]and, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
[SUP]21 [/SUP]And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled [SUP]22[/SUP]in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: [SUP]23 [/SUP]if ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Oct 6, 2013

I dont really think theres any basis for this. It would require you to see God like some entity that humans want to trick somehow. As if God can have the wool pulled over his eyes

Whatever God you believe in, whether it's the God that is 3 in 1 or 1 in 3 or One, I very much doubt that the creator of everything doesnt get to make his own choices about the way he views humanity ie. He sees what he wants to see.

Perhaps he wants to see us in a perfect way, like what we'll be someday. Perhaps he sees us as everything we have been, are and will be?

Personally I think he sees us in every possible way and under every circumstance, being the creator of all the matter, energy and time that has, does or ever will exist in however many universes there may be.

But then who am I?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
I view it like a father and his child... The child wants to do nothing more than please his father but the child can't swim... The child has been used to playing in the kitty pool where it is very nice and calm, very mellow and even if you mess up you can't drown... So the child wants to learn and become a big boy so he asks his father if he could teach him... So the father grabs him and throws him into the deep end, not out of hate but so the child can learn how to swim.

I remember reading a few verses about this and i hope I will remember to post them when I get back from church... BTW Amazing question :D

Also the world will hate the ones who are close to God, for the world is not of God anymore... Just remember Jesus :(

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Isaiah 61:10

I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

He has wrapped us up in Grace like a set of clothes!

J

JDecree

I think it comes from the idea of "being found IN Him" throughout the NT. Statements like putting on Christ. The idea that we are hidden IN Him. I was briefly thinking about this last night actually and that is all I could come up with to support this doctrine but I am sure there is more.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
1 peter 4
Suffering for Being a Christian

12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. 14 If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. 15 If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler. 16 However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. 17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 And,

“If it is hard for the righteous to be saved,
what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?”[a]
19 So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

Feb 17, 2010

NO BILICAL support except if you really rape the Word of what God teaches.... Here is the thing... Jesus says we should go to GOD... Through HIM... if we did go through Jesus, will we not be IN GOD! And if we ARE IN GOD, why would He still look at us THROUGH Jesus? That menas we are still on the wrong side of Jesus!
So actually these statements just ensures your FAILURE to PASS THROUGH JESUS...

And we know who is the ones that CANNOT enter THROUGH THE NARROW GATE... Sinners. People that do not want to REPENT from all sin... They are the ones NOT ABLE to pass through Jesus!
The ones that does, God does not have to look throught JESUS or GRACE.. .they are IN GOD... On the same side of Jesus as the Father,....

That is what the Bible teach... LITTLE CHILDREN, LET NO MAN DECEIVE YOU, HE THAT DOTH RIGHTEOUSNESS IS AS RIGHTEOUS EVEN AS HE IS RIGHTEOUS.... God does not have to NOT AKNOWLEDGE sin in HIS MEN, they ARE RIGHTEOUS AS GOD IS RIGHTEOUS... WITHOUT SIN! Simple as that!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Colossians 1:22-23

"But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation — if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel."

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
And we know who is the ones that CANNOT enter THROUGH THE NARROW GATE... Sinners. People that do not want to REPENT from all sin... They are the ones NOT ABLE to pass through Jesus!
we know that all men are sinners and that He came not willing that any should perish -- and that if any man come to the Father, he must come through Christ -- so that it is by Grace we are saved, and not by works - lest any of us should boast

we know that no one is righteous, but that through Him we are made righteous -
1 Corinthians 1:30
"It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption"

it is not "only the righteous may pass through the narrow gate"

it is "only those that pass through the narrow gate are righteous"

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Thanks, everyone! Love y'all!

notuptome

May 17, 2013
God cannot look upon sin hence God made His Son to be sin in our place that we might be the righteousness of God in Christ.
2 Cor 5:21

For the cause of Christ
Roger

G

GreenNnice

NO BILICAL support except if you really rape the Word of what God teaches.... Here is the thing... Jesus says we should go to GOD... Through HIM... if we did go through Jesus, will we not be IN GOD! And if we ARE IN GOD, why would He still look at us THROUGH Jesus? That menas we are still on the wrong side of Jesus!
So actually these statements just ensures your FAILURE to PASS THROUGH JESUS...

The ones that does, God does not have to look throught JESUS or GRACE.. .they are IN GOD... On the same side of Jesus as the Father,....

That is what the Bible teach... LITTLE CHILDREN, LET NO MAN DECEIVE YOU, HE THAT DOTH RIGHTEOUSNESS IS AS RIGHTEOUS EVEN AS HE IS RIGHTEOUS.... God does not have to NOT AKNOWLEDGE sin in HIS MEN, they ARE RIGHTEOUS AS GOD IS RIGHTEOUS... WITHOUT SIN! Simple as that!
Cobe, bro, I Love ya, but, can ya use different word that your opener sentence 'r' one? Anyway, just talk to God about it, I see what you're saying and agree that we go to God through Jesus, who is 'The Way.' But Jesus is God so we are really going through God and the Holy Spirit is God, too, and, yes, Jesus, too.

SNAP! I'm gonna be derailing this thread soon if I don't respond to clickpop's question, :D hmmm,

Christ does not see us as 'His grace,' but He does see us as His 'righteousness' as in 'clothed in His righteousness,' when we come to Him for our lives, having left the world for His ways, for His 'way.' He is 'the way' for our righteousness, which is found by being in Him living, crucified, like Him. Our faith and justification, and, sanctification and glorification will come no other way than by Him . :)
Our righteousness is no longer a result of the law, our salvation is a result of Christ's work on the cross, having died for you and me, this is what we must have faith in, claim ownership of in our lives, belief in His act of 'great' sacrifice, peace. :)
God's grace set us free and it was His Son made a propitiation for our sins, this act God's grace He saw through happening. Jesus was crucified on the cross, who died for our sins, who set us free, indeed. :)