When I say, "I am a Christian

• Thread starter BlessedLovedByGod
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BlessedLovedByGod

A simple poem that dispells many wrong assumptions made about Christians. A simple, powerful poem about what being a Christian really means.

[h=1]When I say, "I am a Christian"[/h]
by Carol Wimmer

When I say, "I am a Christian"​
I'm not shouting, "I’ve been saved!"
I'm whispering, "I get lost!
That's why I chose this way".​
I don't speak with human pride
I'm confessing that I stumble -
Needing God to be my guide​
I'm not trying to be strong
I'm professing that I'm weak
And pray for strength to carry on.​
I'm not bragging of success
I'm admitting that I've failed
And cannot ever pay the debt.​
I don't think I know it all
I submit to my confusion
Asking humbly to be taught.​
I'm not claiming to be perfect
My flaws are all too visible
But God believes I'm worth it.​
I still feel the sting of pain
I have my share of heartache,
Which is why I seek His name.​
I do not wish to judge
I have no authority...
I only know I'm loved

Dear Father, I need you. I acknowledge that I have sinned against you by directing my own life. I thank you that You have forgiven my sins through Christ's death on the cross for me. I now invite Christ to again take His place on the throne of my life. Fill me with the Holy Spirit as You commanded me to be filled, and as You promised in Your Word that You would do if I asked in faith. I pray this in the name of Jesus. As an expression of my faith, I thank You for directing my life and for filling me with the Holy Spirit. Amen.

#thoughtsaboutgod