When is a Persons Last Chance to Make a Last Choice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

notonmywatch

to choose good or evil?
If I'm understanding your question correctly, then anybody's last chance to make a last choice for either good or evil would be the last moment that they are alive.

The two thieves who hung on crosses alongside Jesus made last choices. One chose evil, and the other chose good.

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020
If I'm understanding your question correctly, then anybody's last chance to make a last choice for either good or evil would be the last moment that they are alive.

The two thieves who hung on crosses alongside Jesus made last choices. One chose evil, and the other chose good.
Actually it was one of the two malefactors ...both the thieves cast the same in his teeth.
But as far as choices ...I agree

N

notonmywatch

Actually it was one of the two malefactors ...both the thieves cast the same in his teeth.
Initially, yes, but the one thief eventually rebuked the other thief.

Luke 23:39
And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

Luke 23:40
But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

Luke 23:41
And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

Luke 23:42
And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

Luke 23:43
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020

And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
You are using the thief and malefactor synonymously….they are different. …but, I don’t want to derail this thread…. Check out my previous post #2 first then #1 if you are interested. …God bless.

N

notonmywatch

You are using the thief and malefactor synonymously….they are different. …but, I don’t want to derail this thread…. Check out my previous post #2 first then #1 if you are interested. …God bless.
I will check it out later. I'm just a bit busy at the moment. Thanks.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
You are using the thief and malefactor synonymously
Actually "thief" is inaccurate but commonly used. "Malefactor" means criminal, or even worse an evildoer, and could include more serious crimes. People have become careless in calling those men "thieves".

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
If you’re a calvinist it doesn’t matter.

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020
Actually "thief" is inaccurate but commonly used. "Malefactor" means criminal, or even worse an evildoer, and could include more serious crimes. People have become careless in calling those men "thieves".
Agree

P

pottersclay

to choose good or evil?
That is up to God. God can chose to give a person over to a reprobate mind for he knows the end from the beginning.
Knowing the hearts of men....only GOD knows. We are not to judge the heart of anyone.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
The Last Chance to choose Eternal LIFE is while you still here on this earth --------Salvation is for the here and now ----you get no second chance after death --------

Hebrews 9:27
Berean Literal Bible
And inasmuch as it is apportioned to men to die once, and after this, judgment,

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
to choose good or evil?
Gods patience and forbearance towards mankind is keeping us alive he’s taking a lot of time returning as he promised but it’s for our benefit

“But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:8-9‬ ‭

a sometimes I wish he would come today now , but then I think of all those who aren’t ready and I become thankful for a gods patience and forebearance towards mankind

He’s giving people a chance even the hard headed ones like myself as great as it will be that day for believers , it’s going to be terrible for the rest

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
to choose good or evil?
As long as we have breath and conscientious ability. To be safe I wouldn't leave it too last minute, eternity is a long time to live with the wrong choice. To receive Christ as Saviour is free and such a gift to have during this life. To be without it is such a waste. To choose good or evil is our choice every moment.

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019

Reminds me of a sermon clip by Alistair Begg, hilarious and true. Only 4 minutes, worth the watch 😊

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Reminds me of a sermon clip by Alistair Begg, hilarious and true. Only 4 minutes, worth the watch 😊
That's an awesome clip and much needed reminder. I might seek him out too if I'm ever disposed to allow my gaze to pass from Jesus.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
Last breath.
A person may also harden their hearts.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
to choose good or evil?
Technically, a person's last chance to choose is after the 1000 years when the nations resurrect just before the Gog Magog war.

The world has been left to its own devices while those who will rule/teach during the millennium are currently being prepared/trained/proven. There is so much deception currently in the world that no one can be held fully responsible for following in whole truth, this is why the portion of the royal law that is in one's conscience is the measure by which they are currently judged, for now, until the manifestation of those rulers.

...when Truth comes/returns, satan will be imprisoned and no one will have an excuse for not knowing the way.