When is someone married???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

When is a person spiritually married?

• After a ceremony

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • On the marriage bed

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • anytime someone has sex

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • when a person gives their heart/body to another of opposite sex.

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Only when God connects them in marriage

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • when legally they are married

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • 1 and 2

• 1,2,4 and 5

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • 2, 4 and 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2, 4 , 5, and 6

• whenever someone vows marriage to another (engaged)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • any other option...explain...

• Total voters
P

PrettyBelle

We have to get this one right though church. God hates sexual sin more than anything. Our bodies are temples for God's holy spirit and we must be holy as He is holy. Having sex outside the covenant of a marriage defiles your temple and opens you up to things of Satan. Research soul ties. It's all there in scripture.
God is looking for temples to dwell in and if yours isn't holy, you are cheating yourselves from God's prescence. I am not perfect and am not judging anyone, but God has laid this on my heart so heavily to share this with you all. Be holy as he is holy. Break any unGodly sexual ties before God in prayer, and fully submit your body to God. He will take away that temptation, and abide with you daily if you live by His word.
I used to be bisexual, and God took that temptation away. If He can do it for me, I know He can do it for you. :)

B

buckeyegirl700

I believe that when a man and a woman say their vows before God that is marriage in Gods eyes. The marriage certificate is just a legal document. Sex is something that should happen after marriage not before.