When the devil attacks the most?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Okay so i am wondering if anyone has been in the same boat as me here. So everyone knows what radical faith is yes? Okay, well is it just me or does the devil fill you with doubt and fear the most when you pray for or believe in something that takes radical faith in? Such as healing for instance, i notice how whenever i forget about it or just ignore that i can be healed there is no doubt or fear but the second i trust in gos for this a huge wave of fear and doubt come flooding in. This is just an example so there is no comment needed for the healing thing. But really its as if the devil somehow knows if we trust in god for something we can do anything, so i think it makes him afraid and he tells us it's not possible or goes so low as to make you feel as if it was a stupid thing to begin with. For instance i am currently praying for something that will require god's help, but it is also something that if answered will change my life forever, i understand it has to be in god's will and stuff so no worries on that. However i am getting flooded with doubt and fear and uncertain feelings. But however i decided to praise god anyways and suddenly for a bit there was a fire inside me and the fear and doubt went away. although i know it will come backLOL Has anyone else gone through struggles like this?

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
I can relate. I made a big decision last year, one I felt God had called me to do, and almost RIGHT after I made the decision, doubt and fear started coming in. "Should I really have chosen this? Is this what God REALLY wants me to do?"

It makes sense, though. Satan doesn't want God's kingdom furthered, or for us to become more Christ-like. So, if that's what we're striving for, that's where he'll attack. If we continually question and doubt, then we won't be moving forward and that's what the devil wants. That's why it's important to keep trusting and having faith in God. It can be difficult, because I think that it tends to be easier to be pulled down than pulled up.

Something else to keep in mind is that sometimes it's our own fleshly desires that keep us doubting. With my decision, I was going to move hundreds of miles away from my family and friends and everything I'd ever known. I doubted my decision because I wondered if God really wanted me that far away from everyone, but really it was my own desires of staying close and comfortable.

Hopefully that made some sense. :)

A verse that I find encouraging is Isaiah 41:10, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

H

hattiebod

Okay so i am wondering if anyone has been in the same boat as me here. So everyone knows what radical faith is yes? Okay, well is it just me or does the devil fill you with doubt and fear the most when you pray for or believe in something that takes radical faith in? Such as healing for instance, i notice how whenever i forget about it or just ignore that i can be healed there is no doubt or fear but the second i trust in gos for this a huge wave of fear and doubt come flooding in. This is just an example so there is no comment needed for the healing thing. But really its as if the devil somehow knows if we trust in god for something we can do anything, so i think it makes him afraid and he tells us it's not possible or goes so low as to make you feel as if it was a stupid thing to begin with. For instance i am currently praying for something that will require god's help, but it is also something that if answered will change my life forever, i understand it has to be in god's will and stuff so no worries on that. However i am getting flooded with doubt and fear and uncertain feelings. But however i decided to praise god anyways and suddenly for a bit there was a fire inside me and the fear and doubt went away. although i know it will come backLOL Has anyone else gone through struggles like this?
'In God, whose word I praise, in the Lord, whose word I praise - in God I trust; I will not be afraid.' Ps.56:10-11.
We can falter at anytime...we are simply (yet complexly, human) and we are told by Paul that we need to stand firm and challenge the negative thoughts that will appear. We do not need to be frightened, He that is in us is greater than anything else. I do not think intrusive 'negative thoughts' necessarily linked to 'radical' faith as you describe or the devil. Its just how we are. I also think all faith is radical. All faith is supernatural. Satan does prowl about but sometimes we really are 'our own worst enemy' and it is not that we are under attack :) we are simply being human. As a Christian, my whole life, 24/7 is for God, in the washing of the dishes and the cleaning of the toilets, the hoovering and all the other jobs I need to do, to get me through the day. I do not ever feel singled out in the 'holy' activities or the mundane. We are potentially under attack, all the time...but actually, life is life. Bad things happen. Satan attacks me coz my car broke down? No. My car broke down coz I forgot to get its service done (for example :) 'God did not give us a spirit of timidity (fear), but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline'. 2 Tim. 1:7. Grab hold of all the latter and you will really live out, act out and believe in a supernatural life...whether we are healthy or wealthy. Matters not. Trust in God casts out fear. God Bless . <><

K

kenisyes

The devil is and always has been under God's control. It is the devil who tempts you, but God controls him in what he tempts you about. The temptation is permitted so you can grow more into the way God wants you to be. That's why, often when you ask for something, you get tempted in that area. Growing into God's understanding and level of faith, is an important step in His giving you what you have asked for. God sets the devil free to tempt you in that area, to perfect you there, by drawing attention to your imperfections, and making you conscious of how He is trying to perfect you.

I love telling people this, because I fancy the devil sees it written, and he is certain it is not true. He likes to believe it's his idea, not God's, and he is in control of himself.

S

spacefreak

the devil tempt us the most when we are close to GOD because the devil doesn't want us near GOD because when we are close to GOD is when we are most dangerous to the devil

D

danschance

I can't relate but a I know of others who have experienced this. A friend of mine is a prayer warrior and and when she getts close to a major breakthrough, satan tries to bring in doubts. She simply answers her doubts with scripture and they go away.