where do I belong

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Rheod

All my life I have struggled to fit in. All my life I hadf a love for the Jew religion and culture but I also loved/love Jesus/Yeshua. I grew up believing the 2 worlds don't mix. As I have got older, I keep feeling myself being pulled to Judaism but I LOVE Yeshua. Where do I belong??

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
There's nothing wrong with having a love for Jewish people/culture, Rheod! Perhaps God is drawing you to a unique ministry with the Jewish community, wouldn't that be neat? :) There are many Jewish people who also love Jesus, and have asked Him to be their Savior, including some of this site's members. The two worlds CAN mix, as long as Jesus remains the central focus, rather than too much obsession with customs and "keeping kosher". However, Yeshua Himself celebrated Passover, it was His last meal before He paid the price for our sins on the cross, so customs aren't "wrong", if kept in their proper place.

MANY of the prophets in the old testament foretold Jesus' arrival, David and Isaiah in particular mentioned Him often. Jesus actually came foremost for the Jewish people, the rest of us were "grafted in", so to speak, although He loves us just as much! :)

Isaiah 53 is a particularly poignant prophesy about Yeshua (Jesus), many Jewish people have mentioned that reading that chapter set them on the course for finding out who the Messiah is, and that He has already come! If you aren't already familiar with it, you might want to check it out, it's very powerful. Love, Nichole

C

chesser

try being a messianic jew, its like a christian, but you keep all the laws(kosher,tassels,sabbath,etc.) but you accept Jesus as the messiah, i dont really feel as if Christianity and Judaism are different religions, rather that Christianity is the fulfillment of Judaism.

M

Moe

I would never trade Grace for the law, never. No one keeps the law today, not even the Jews. They would be arrested if they tried. Stick to the New Testament which is where you will find your peace. To many people and churches try to mix the old with the new and it simply does not work. If you have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal savior and conqueror and have been baptized, please don't turn your back on Himt. Cheers

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
All my life I have struggled to fit in. All my life I hadf a love for the Jew religion and culture but I also loved/love Jesus/Yeshua. I grew up believing the 2 worlds don't mix. As I have got older, I keep feeling myself being pulled to Judaism but I LOVE Yeshua. Where do I belong??

When you say pulled to Judaism, which aspect are you referring to?

Mar 18, 2011
you fit in here Rheod. In the world out there we are ALL outcasts. Any person who swaps the name of Calvin Klein for Jesus Christ is an outcast. Our master is not of this world.

Jan 24, 2012
Sounds like you're wanting Messianic Judaism. It's where me and some of the members from my church seem to be heading.

Spartacus1122

Banned [Reason: insulting CC admin in previous pos
Jun 9, 2012
If you adhere to Christianity, Jesus the Messiah, your Lord and Saviour has come and cleansed you of your sins with His blood.
If you wish to adhere to Judaism... grab a book, cuz you've got some waiting to do. (all in good jest folks)

Trouble fitting in?

Move to an island in the Pacific (hint: Bora Bora), where anyone from anywhere can fit right in. :D

Regardless of your choice, we are ALL children of God.
Be blessed.