Where Is Christ's Presence In Communion?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 21, 2012
I believe that Christ's body and blood is truly present in, with, and under the bread and wine.

That is what I believe. That is almost word for word from the Augsburg confession by the way.
You have to ask the Lord why that "belief" would be important for that to be when there is no necessity to receive that one time sacrifice for sin again literally. It would be the same as treating the blood of the Son of the New Covenant on par with the blood of goats and bulls where that kind of sacrifice had to be redone; or so to speak, to be received again. That is the "willful" sin that christians have been warned about in after having knowledge that there is no more sacrifice for sins, and yet they continue to believe they are receiving that one time sacrifice for sins again.

Please read the warning in Hebrews 10th chapter at the link below.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+10&version=KJV

So Christ's body & blood is not truly present in, with, and under the bread & the wine when we are only supposed to do that communion in remembrance of Him; not for receiving that one time sacrifice for sin again.

Indeed, if any one considers what makes an inanimate object an idol, is making it more than what it supposed to represent symbolically, in believing it is a living "god".

I would say that Augsburg confession are the very idle words that will judge believers by for not doing what He said to do communion for; in remembrance of Him; not for receiving Him again nor receiving His one time sacrifice for sins.

So do take this to the Lord in prayer, brother, because I believe you are at risk for comeuppance from the Father as per Hebrews 10th chapter at that link. I know you are not alone in this offense that the scripture has warned believers against.

Dec 21, 2012
Colossians 1:[SUP]26 [/SUP]Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:[SUP] 27 [/SUP]To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:[SUP]28 [/SUP]Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Just as He is to be found in us; not outside of us in the world....
You continue to stumble over this spiritual truth, and it is evident by the use of "in the world". Who said anything about in the world (although Christ is omnipresent throughout the universe). The Lord's Supper is NOT in the world, but strictly for the saints. And as Jesus said, He is present among them in a very special way during worship. So what you are doing is simply contradicting what Christ has revealed, just because you are unable to grasp certain spiritual realities.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Jesus Instructed Participation In Communion

All Believers Receive Forgiveness, Reconciliation & Redemption. Through the spilled Blood of Christ. Spiritual and Physical Health In The Bread of Communion.

Summery: Forgivenss Spiritual & Physical Health:
The Cup of Blessing (1 Cor 11:25): A cup of wine, a symbolic representation of the sacrificial New Covenant, cut by & in the Lords Blood. For the forgivness & removal of every Sin every believer ever commits.

The bread that the Lord took & broke (1 Cor 11:24) Bread, a symbolic representation of The Lords Sinless body, BROKEN, for the spiritual & physical restitution of every believer.

Pay special attention to Matt 8:17; it accentuate's why His Body was Broken

Matthew 8:17 This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: “He took up our infirmities & """bore our diseases"""

Isa 53 4-6, 1 Pet 2:24 & Matt 6:49-59 All again; accentuate why His Body was Broken for us. For our Spiritual & Physcial healing & health.

John 6:
47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

48 I am that bread of life

49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world

53 Jesus said, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man & drink his blood, ""ye have no life in you""

54 Whoso eateth my flesh & drinketh my blood, hath eternal life & I will raise him up at the last day

55 For my flesh is meat indeed & my blood is drink indeed

56 He that eateth my flesh & drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me & I in him

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me

58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna

1 Cor 10:
16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

17 For we being many are 1 bread, & 1 one body: for we are all partakers of that 1 bread

18 Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices (The PRIESTS) partakers of the altar? (Lev 7:6 & 7:15)

In the Temple the showbread was baked & eaten (By the Priests) weekly. (Lev 24:5)

Acts: 20:7 Upon the 1st day of the week, when the disciples came together to "break bread"

Remembrance
1 Cor 11:
24 When Jesus he had given thanks, "he brake the bread, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you" "this do in remembrance of me"

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as often as ye drink it, "in remembrance of me"

26 "For as often as ye eat this bread & drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come"

In the Lord's Supper we "Remember" the past. The covenant that brings us the forgiveness of sins was ratified, or "cut" by the shedding of Jesus sinless blood & the breaking of Jesus sinless body.

"Remembrance" itself is a covenantal word. In the Lord's Supper we "Remember" that our blessings were purchased through a costly price.

Generally when we go to REMEMBER the death of a fallen soldier, a family member or loved one. It's a time when we feel grief & loss.

REMEMBER: JESUS HAS RISEN!

The Remembrance in the Lords Supper. Is a time for CELEBRATION! Through our partaking & remembrance via The Lords Supper/Communion We are envoking the NEW COVENANT.

Faith and partisipation in the Lords spilled blood; Brings: Forgivness, Reconciliation, Redeemption & Etenal Life.

Faith and partisipation in the Lords broken body, Brings: Spiritual and physical health.

1 Cor 11: Jesus said;
24 (B)Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you:"this do in remembrance of me"

25 (B) Jesus took the cup, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as often as ye drink it, "in remembrance of me"

26 "For as often as ye eat this bread & drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come"

Proverbs 4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.

21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.

22 For my words are life to those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

Ps 105:37 They ate the LAMB & the next day: Although many were old ""NOT 1 WAS FEEBLE AMOUNG THEM"""

So, Every time we partake in the Lord's Supper. We are reaffirming our Faith in Christ's Death, Burial & Resurrection. And this partaking nourishes & sustains, those already born again, until His 2nd coming.

Question: Are you a believer? Are you sickly or feeling ill? Have you been partaking in Communion REGULARLY?

Question 2: If you were hungry & close to starvation, would 1 meal completly restore your health?

The longer its been since you last partook or the sicker you are right now. The more often you should enter into Communion with our Lord!

Put the bread into your hand; close your eyes; picture/see the Lord on the Cross; eat the bread (his body) now praise & thank Him for forgiveness, reconciliation, your spiritual & physical healing! Maranatha

P.S. Rereading John 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Truly, truely, I say to you, Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood

"""ye have NO LIFE in you"""

Feb 28, 2016
this is referring to Spiritual Acceptance, NOT a physical man-made-manifestation...
although we partake of the 'Bread and The Wine', in remembrance of His Holy Sacrifice,

He is sitting on the Right hand of God, He cannot be 'eaten or drunk' in His flesh,
because, He has given up His fleshly manifestation and is now Pure Spirit...