Where is Eden now??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sltaylor

The bible also states the GOD is in the NORTH parts and or North......if i rememeber right there is nothing behind the North Star......Key words (if i rememebr right) :)
I believe the references to the North mean UP, like the highest heavens kind of up. Like the waters above the expanse containing the sun and moon and stars.

I mean just think about that, the expanse that contains the sun moon and stars is really just a separation between us and the waters above the sky, the highest heavens...

V

Viligant_Warrior

I
Really, satan was cast from heaven...ok then how many times? Cause revelation says it happens when Michael and all the other angels kick him out. It really is that simple.
Satan was cast down from heaven only once. Revelation chapter 12 is a recounting of biblical history, not a list of "new events."

And by the way Hebrews says Mt zion is the mountain we have come to, the heavenly Jerusalem, so in that since, yeah he was still expelled from God's presence, it really is that simple.
It doesn't call Zion "the mountain of God" however -- the rest of this last sentence makes no sense whatsoever, in any context.

S

sltaylor

Satan was cast down from heaven only once. Revelation chapter 12 is a recounting of biblical history, not a list of "new events."

So the day of the Lord in Revelation is a retelling, the 7 trumpets, all of that is a retelling? Revelation is layed out in a series, the first seal is only accomplished after Christ, that's why they were looking for someone worthy enough to open it and it was the one who Was slain.

It doesn't call Zion "the mountain of God" however -- the rest of this last sentence makes no sense whatsoever, in any context.
Look, brother it says you have not come to a mountain that can't be touched right before that, then goes on to say we HAVE come to MT. ZION. Meaning that IS the mountain we can touch, and MT.ZION, IS the heavenly Jerusalem....and you are wanting me to believe, that the heavenly Jerusalem isn't where God dwells?? You may want to understand where and why the heavenly place God lives is referenced as Mt. ZION. It has everything to do with Jesus saying his Kingdom was not of this world.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sltaylor

Mt Zion is the heavenly Jerusalem where God lives, that is THE MOUNTAIN OF GOD. so in that context, my understanding of one being cast out of that place, which was the mountain of God and down to earth makes complete sense.

Revelation is layed out in a series, of which the first seal coukd only be opened by the one who was worthy and slain, meaning the series doesnt even get started till AFTER Christ came and returned. SATAN IS being cast down After the body of Christ, which was saved by his words going out, is his vast army of Ezekiel 37 and is snatched up, right before the war breaks out which also fulfills Habakkuk 2....for the prophecy speaks of the end...will not your debtors suddenly ARRISE, then you will become their victim.

V

Viligant_Warrior

Look, brother it says you have not come to a mountain that can't be touched right before that, then goes on to say we HAVE come to MT. ZION. Meaning that IS the mountain we can touch, and MT.ZION, IS the heavenly Jerusalem....and you are wanting me to believe, that the heavenly Jerusalem isn't where God dwells?? You may want to understand where and why the heavenly place God lives is referenced as Mt. ZION. It has everything to do with Jesus saying his Kingdom was not of this world.
YOU WANT TO GET ON MY BAD SIDE IN A HURRY, ADD CRAP I DIDN'T WRITE TO MY QUOTES!

You're clueless besides being obnoxious. No understanding of the Word whatsoever.

S

sltaylor

YOU WANT TO GET ON MY BAD SIDE IN A HURRY, ADD CRAP I DIDN'T WRITE TO MY QUOTES!

You're clueless besides being obnoxious. No understanding of the Word whatsoever.
Yes, I'm on my phone and didn't realize that it had jumped up to to your quote. Sorry for accidentally "getting on your bad side"...God bless you.

S

sltaylor

And I guess we'll just have to see where God's Holy mountain is at the resurrection. I think I will let my understanding of God's kingdom and home not being on this Earth, speak for itself in that day.

Jun 30, 2011
Eden actually existed preflood. Eden was wiped away in the flood - easy answer

S

sltaylor

Eden actually existed preflood. Eden was wiped away in the flood - easy answer
Yes brother, thanks for the reply. I know that is commonly understood to be, but it wasn't just about 'Eden'.

It's about what Eden contained and was, the garden of God that had the tree of life.

To say God's garden and tree it contained were wiped out confuses me because I see God's garden and the tree still existing in Revelation 2, that's really what the OP is about. Is this a different Garden, the same Garden or what?

I think the understanding of that helps with the term restoration that is used in the NT. A return to its originally created condition, from which humanity fell.

And in that lies my point, I don't see the tree of life being wiped out, I see humanity being restored to its original condition and allowed back into that Place in Rev. 2.

S

sltaylor

And I know people say well Eden was on Earth, but don't forget, this Paradise is going to come down from heaven to Earth as well, the new earth Created, in which we still have flesh, albeit, the flesh of the man from Heaven.

S

sltaylor

Mt Zion is the heavenly Jerusalem where God lives, that is THE MOUNTAIN OF GOD. so in that context, my understanding of one being cast out of that place, which was the mountain of God and down to earth makes complete sense.

Revelation is layed out in a series, of which the first seal coukd only be opened by the one who was worthy and slain, meaning the series doesnt even get started till AFTER Christ came and returned. SATAN IS being cast down After the body of Christ, which was saved by his words going out, is his vast army of Ezekiel 37 and is snatched up, right before the war breaks out which also fulfills Habakkuk 2....for the prophecy speaks of the end...will not your debtors suddenly ARRISE, then you will become their victim.
Yes it makes sense in context. He walked on the mountain of God among the fiery stones. If you can accept Mt. ZION AS the heavenly Jerusalem, then him being cast down, from above to earth makes complete sense.
Makes sense to me. The garden with the tree in Revelation is called Paradise, that's above. From above to below, in context of interpreting it that way it makes sense.

I did not mean to offend you in anyway sir. This is a discussion forum. I don't interpret revelation as a history lesson. The first seal isn't even broken until Christ returned to heaven. The Lamb that was slain WAS the only one who could open it. So I think it is a procession of Events after Christ's coming that lead to Satan being cast down.

It even says woe to the world after he is cast down, then the beast out of the sea appears. The beast cannot appear till he is cast down, and that is only after the one holding him back is taken out of the way, just like Timothy says. The son who is snatched up, is the Body of Christ, the church, after he is taken up, then the beast appears, just like scripture says.

You may see it defferently, and that ok man. It's a discussion forum, we are discussing differences of interpretation. That's all. I'm not mad, nor do I think you are blind and not saved. It's a difference of interpretation of Satan not Christ.

Salvation is easy, believe in him, believe he was raised. You and I both believe that. So it's all good

Jun 30, 2011
Yes brother, thanks for the reply. I know that is commonly understood to be, but it wasn't just about 'Eden'.

It's about what Eden contained and was, the garden of God that had the tree of life.

To say God's garden and tree it contained were wiped out confuses me because I see God's garden and the tree still existing in Revelation 2, that's really what the OP is about. Is this a different Garden, the same Garden or what?

I think the understanding of that helps with the term restoration that is used in the NT. A return to its originally created condition, from which humanity fell.

And in that lies my point, I don't see the tree of life being wiped out, I see humanity being restored to its original condition and allowed back into that Place in Rev. 2.

Yes yes - there is a poem that talks about = Jesus saying - Tree of life, for all but me - referring to the cross