Wherein have we despised thy name?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 11, 2012
I wrote this as a warning to those who think they are called to preach the truth, I hope and pray your spiritual leaders match up to this!

Wherein have we despised thy name?

Mal 1:6 A son honors his father and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honor? And if I be a master, where is my fear? Saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests that despise my name. And you say, wherein have we despised your name?

The fear and reverence for the Lord has gone out of the pulpits today. It has come down to the chilling warning where the people honor God with their lips, but their hearts are far from Him!
The honor and fear of the Lord has been nullified as the so called appointed and ordained priests, Chaplin’s, fathers, and reverends have made the honor and fear of the Lord a mere suggestion as they worship and make profane sacrifices to the Lord.
This has come about from many years of false teachings such as original sin, imputation, substitution theology, which leads to a mere formula based salvation plan, that saves the lost masses IN their sins and disobedience, which leads them away from the fear and respect God is calling the repentant sinner to.
You see apart from real repentance unto life, there is no way God can offer His abundant mercy because He demands repentance and brokenness on the scale of Nineveh to sweep the churches, cutting them to the heart as they yield to the word of God, calling all sinners to repent or perish as Jesus boldly proclaimed!
When you ask these ministers of sin, if a rebellious sinner can get saved, and stay saved while still in the act of adultery, drunkenness, idolatry, lying, cheating, stealing etc., they will proudly proclaim the scapegoat, straw man excuse, drawing into their flesh and make many excuses why God winks at sin, and doesn’t demand the sin to stop for Him to even consider forgiveness and mercy to be granted.
So they have clearly despised the name of the Lord as they offer up a false way to the cross, telling the lost and gullible masses that the way is easy, you can enter into the kingdom still defiled, covered with mud, and wallowing in your muck, the bath will come later as its Gods job to clean them up!
Where is the fear and honor in this?
Yes the name of the Lord is being abused and despised by the pastors and Christian leaders today, but they do not see this, they are blind guides leading many more blind into a ditch, telling them salvation is a mere utterance of words, never clearing of wrong doing, and then they are eternally secure forever, no questions asked, making God out to be powerless in setting them free from their bondages, but only if they repent and seek His mercy.
Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
As I mentioned, they do not see where they are despising the Lord, because they have bought into the many reformed errors, allowing the spirit of error to rule in their life and ministry, so when a brave humble soul comes along and gives them the truth, they almost immediately cry heretic, false teacher, self-righteous, evil hearted, etc., there are many names for those who proclaim the truth, but that is ok, at least the name and word of the Lord isn’t being despised or twisted to fit into many pagan doctrines of men, that promise the captives liberty IN their sins while they remain defiled and proud to be a sinner saved by grace, making their false god of this age look good to those who seek truth! Only to be led into the snare that leaves them in a false sense of security, thinking that are fearing, obeying, and honoring God, but in reality they are mocking His holy name and truth, as the fear is removed and replaced with a false sense of security leading to a dead end!
Pro 14:26 In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.
Pro 14:27 The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
Tommy