Which Bible Follow Greek Transcribes?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MaranathaEarl

My brother found that the ESV omits certain verses from the NKJV. The Translators of the ESV say that the ancient Greek transcribes don't have the verses and was added to the KJV. I tried looking online but cannot find any information or greek to english translations. Any ideas

Oct 22, 2011
New Age Bible Versions by Gail Riplinger might be helpful.

New Age Bible Versions takes the reader behind the scenes to expose the corrupted Greek manuscripts, critical editions, lexicons and dictionaries behind new versions such as the NIV, NASV, NKJV, NRSV, NAB, REB, RSV, CEV, TEV, GNB, LIVING, PHILLIPS, NEW JERUSALEM, & NEW CENTURY. New Age Bible Versions goes on to reveal their occult origins and contents.

Here’s a link….New Age Bible Versions, by Gail Riplinger

May God Bless you in your studies.

In Christ, 1Christianwarrior316

J

jimmydiggs

New Age Bible Versions by Gail Riplinger might be helpful.

New Age Bible Versions takes the reader behind the scenes to expose the corrupted Greek manuscripts, critical editions, lexicons and dictionaries behind new versions such as the NIV, NASV, NKJV, NRSV, NAB, REB, RSV, CEV, TEV, GNB, LIVING, PHILLIPS, NEW JERUSALEM, & NEW CENTURY. New Age Bible Versions goes on to reveal their occult origins and contents.

Here’s a link….New Age Bible Versions, by Gail Riplinger

May God Bless you in your studies.

This is a movement called KJV-Onlyism, and unfortunately they make the mistake of proclaiming that the KJV came directly from God.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNGa_dRTNMo[/video]

Oct 22, 2011
This is a movement called KJV-Onlyism, and unfortunately they make the mistake of proclaiming that the KJV came directly from God.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNGa_dRTNMo[/video]
No translation from one language to another is perfect. While the truth of God’s Word may still shine through in some translations, it may not in others. Many older translations may have minor imperfections but so long as those translation errors do not change the message they can still be viable translations. Some translations actually pervert the truth of the Scriptures and those should be avoided.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

It is in our best interest to study the different translations and determine how they came into existence and which is correct and which are in error.

J

jimmydiggs

No translation from one language to another is perfect. While the truth of God’s Word may still shine through in some translations, it may not in others. Many older translations may have minor imperfections but so long as those translation errors do not change the message they can still be viable translations. Some translations actually pervert the truth of the Scriptures and those should be avoided.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

It is in our best interest to study the different translations and determine how they came into existence and which is correct and which are in error.

The King James did a pretty good job with the Hebrew, but not so much the Greek. ;)

D

Dr_Croney

I have five different translations of the Bible and a hotline to God just in case I need wisdom (James 1).

G

gracethroughfaith

My brother found that the ESV omits certain verses from the NKJV. The Translators of the ESV say that the ancient Greek transcribes don't have the verses and was added to the KJV. I tried looking online but cannot find any information or greek to english translations. Any ideas
MaranathaEarl:

When you are reading from a translation other than the KJV, do you find many passages that just make no sense at all the way they are written? Do you find many of the passages from these other translations confusing?
We may not understand everything we read at first in the KJV, but that does not make in wrong, that just means God has not given you the understanding of that matter yet. If God were to give us everything at once we could never digest it all so he give his word and understanding a little bit at a time. Just as you would never feed a baby steak there first days of life. So God does the same with us he give us what we are able to understand, what we are able to digest at any given time.

I can say from my time studing this subject and reading in these many other translations, there is great confusion to be had in them. But never once have I had such an experiance while reading the KJV. I have never read one passage that did not make sense or was confusing in the KJV.

We may ask why might this be? There is but one answer, and God give it to us.

1 Corinthians 14:33 (KJV)
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Lets look at an example in the ESV.

1 John 5:7 (ESV)
7 For there are three that testify:
Tesify what. This makes no sense.

The next verses.
1 John 5:8 (ESV)
8 the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree.
What about the spirit and the water and the blood?
Once again, makes no sense.

Now lest look at this in the KJV

1 John 5:7 (KJV)
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

We see in the KJV, there are three that bear record in heaven. Who are these three that bear record? The Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost. And these three are what? These three are one.

The next verse.
1 John 5:8 (KJV)
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

We see in the KJV there are three that bear witness in earth. What are these three? the Spirit, and the water, and the blood. And these three do what? These three agree in one.

This passage in the KJV leaves no room for confusion. The passage give us the information needed to make sense of what is being spoken here. We can not take away from the Word of God and expect to under any of it.

Revelation 22:19 (KJV)
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Lets look at another passage that creates confusion.

Mark 1:2 (ESV)
2 As it is written in Isaiah the prophet, “Behold, I send my messenger before your face, who will prepare your way,
Mark 1:2 (KJV)
2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

We see in the ESV it is written in Isaiah the prophet. In the KJV it just says it is written in the porphets. You might say; well see the ESV gave more information in this passage, making for a better understanding. But did it? NO! Sorry. They added to this passage a lie! Isaiah never said this.
Lets look at who did say this.

Malachi 3:1 (KJV)
1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

Malachi and Isaiah are two different people. In the ESV we are lied to about who said this. This clearly causes confusion.

Revelation 22:19 (KJV)
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

These a just a couple of passages giving example of the confusion caused by translations that are not than the KJV.

I always hear people say but the KJV is to hard to understand. This in itself is a lie. The KJV is rated at the easiest reading level of all other translations.
My own children have never had trouble reading the KJV.
The only trouble I have ever had reading the KJV was when reading some of the names of the people in the Bible. Thats it!