Which dog?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

redhead1786

I know this is kind of an un-Christian-related topic, but I came here because I trust the people on this website. From personal experience (Even just personal opinion), should I get a corgi or a Shiba Inu? Important factors are barking level, exercise requirement, how much space it needs, etc. Thanks for your time! :)

R

ryancasper15

corgi we have 5 dogs 2 black labs german shepard pug and boston terrior

Justcuz

Banned: 13 forum posts with blatant lies about CC
Jul 6, 2012
You should get a Rottie, they are cool... :D

U

Ugly

Never understood why people give answers that aren't an option. Rather pointless.

OP, personally i think Shiba's are pretty cool. I've never owned one, but would like to. I think they're awesome. But i don't have the details on barking etc, just sharing my general preference.

G

Gabriel777

I know this is kind of an un-Christian-related topic, but I came here because I trust the people on this website. From personal experience (Even just personal opinion), should I get a corgi or a Shiba Inu? Important factors are barking level, exercise requirement, how much space it needs, etc. Thanks for your time! :)
Don't categorize this topic as "un-christian related", people here should know better.

My friend has a Shiba Inu and he tells me they are very independent but also loyal and don't bark a lot. They are not the cuddly type either but will sit next to you. Also if you don't train them properly they can be stubborn. It's a Japanese dog used by samurais so that should give you a glimpse.

As for corgi i don't know anything about them :(
Hope this helped a bit

Justcuz

Jul 6, 2012
Never understood why people give answers that aren't an option. Rather pointless.

OP, personally i think Shiba's are pretty cool. I've never owned one, but would like to. I think they're awesome. But i don't have the details on barking etc, just sharing my general preference.

Not pointless at all, one should always be open to suggestions from others. It might give you new ideas.
I googled the two breeds btw and to me. personally, they didn't look like dogs at all. ;)

My next topic: should i get a boxer or a rottweiler?...
(no need to answer this, jk) :D

U

Ugly

Not pointless at all, one should always be open to suggestions from others. It might give you new ideas.
I googled the two breeds btw and to me. personally, they didn't look like dogs at all. ;)

My next topic: should i get a boxer or a rottweiler?...
(no need to answer this, jk) :D
They're small dogs. To suggest a large dog IS pointless since its obvious they don't want a big dog.

Justcuz

Jul 6, 2012
They're small dogs. To suggest a large dog IS pointless since its obvious they don't want a big dog.

still doesn't stop me from being over enthousiatic about a REAL dog like a Rottie :p

K

KayIsWalkingWithChrist

Corgi's are smaller, where as (according to google) Shiba Inu's are a little bigger!

taggerung

Apr 26, 2009
I have a corgi. While mine does not bark much, all of his corgi family and friend bark like mad. They also shed a LOT!!!! As for exersise, they do love to exersise. And they are very smart. Too smart honestly. And you need to watch the weight on them. My dog only needs 1/2 cup of food a day (but he is soo hard tO resist when he begs) shibas are independent. From what I hear. And they have a strong drive to chase things. I love my corgi, but I just want to be honest so you can make an informed decision. Check out the breed clubs, and talk to the breeders at local dog shows. Any breeder worth their salt will be extreamly happy to talk to you about the breeds. For more forgo info I reccomend mycorgi.com you can get honest advise, info and connect with breeders and rescues.

taggerung

Apr 26, 2009
Feel free to pm me for info on Corgi rescues and reputable breeders. I am really passionate about corgis, and want to help make sure they are a good match for the people who want them, and inform adopters/buyers of finding a healthy/sound dog.