Which Is Better?

• Thread starter ChristianGirlLivingLife
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

ChristianGirlLivingLife

So which is better? This can apply to several sins (the sins I was thinking of were drugs and sex and other addictions). Is it better To be forgiven and learn from the mistakes (yet this does not guarantee you going back to whatever sin you fell under), or To be justified and forced to end a sin for good? Just curious.

J

jason75

No sin is good lol but if your asking witch addiction is easier to get out. I am not sure but look like sexual sin is the most hardest one to be free.

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
if i understand what you are asking...

the best outcome that you didn't list, is to learn from other's mistakes and avoid them yourself. john 20:29, psalms 119:1-6

the next best is to learn from your mistakes, repent from your sin and seek forgiveness. john 8:1-11, 1john 1:9

if you can't stop your sin, then we are called to take any necessary, or even extreme effort, to protect ourselves from falling back into that sin, be it avoiding a person, an activity, a place, or opportunity than provides too much temptation and seek accountability from another to help us avoid the complacency or sense of being "above" that trap or sin. hebrews 10:26, ephesians 5, hewbrews 5:29, 30, james 5:16 i think scripture is clear that we have much to gain by sharing our burdens, and helping one another avoid sin and temptation through prayer, support, and what else accountability has to offer.

i apologize if i misunderstood your question, but i think avoiding sin for a number of reasons is always best. but when we stop sinning at the earliest level possible, i think we also have the benefit of it not being a habit and all that goes with habitual sin, i.e. we start to devalue the sin and ignore the conviction we are receiving. i guess that is a "hardening of the heart", but in this case i think of it as an insensitivity to that sin. sometimes habitual sin opens more doors in our life to new temptations that never existed before that door was opened, and unfortunately, makes it even more difficult to avoid that sin than it was previously.

i'm not sure if that is the answer you wanted, but it's a great topic and question. :)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
So which is better? This can apply to several sins (the sins I was thinking of were drugs and sex and other addictions). Is it better To be forgiven and learn from the mistakes (yet this does not guarantee you going back to whatever sin you fell under), or To be justified and forced to end a sin for good? Just curious.
........so, which do you think is better, and why?

C

ChristianGirlLivingLife

........so, which do you think is better, and why?
It is a tough question. But I think the best thing to do is justifying yourself and making things right, regardless of whether you like it or not

M

mark_seven

REPENT 180 degrees not 360

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
i think avoiding sin for a number of reasons is always best. but when we stop sinning at the earliest level possible, i think we also have the benefit of it not being a habit and all that goes with habitual sin, i.e. we start to devalue the sin and ignore the conviction we are receiving. i guess that is a "hardening of the heart", but in this case i think of it as an insensitivity to that sin. sometimes habitual sin opens more doors in our life to new temptations that never existed before that door was opened, and unfortunately, makes it even more difficult to avoid that sin than it was previously.
Very well stated. I couldn't agree more with you. My first thought when I read this was to avoid the sin to begin with. I know this is not always easy, I know I sin every day. But, I repent and try not commit that sin again. Continuing in the same sin, even though we are forgiven, is not my interpretation of what God would like for us to do. It actually seems like taking advantage of the gift we received when we accepted Christ into our lives. Just my humble opinion.

God Bless

May 3, 2013
If you indulged in sex or drugs, alone, how could you stop that snow ball running down?

The LAW is like a traffic light, it gives you a chance to walk free on the streets and it gives the drivers their chance to CIRCULATE and also A RED WARNing to know when they have to stop (to let you walk over those streets where they can hit you).

Last edited:
May 3, 2013
Very well stated. I couldn't agree more with you. My first thought when I read this was to avoid the sin to begin with. I know this is not always easy, I know I sin every day. But, I repent and try not commit that sin again. Continuing in the same sin, even though we are forgiven, is not my interpretation of what God would like for us to do. It actually seems like taking advantage of the gift we received when we accepted Christ into our lives. Just my humble opinion.

God Bless
That´s my friend I´m proud of (just checking nothing "tosco" has been said). :) Ja! Ja!

May 3, 2013
if i understand what you are asking...

the best outcome that you didn't list, is to learn from other's mistakes and avoid them yourself. john 20:29, psalms 119:1-6

the next best is to learn from your mistakes, repent from your sin and seek forgiveness. john 8:1-11, 1john 1:9

if you can't stop your sin, then we are called to take any necessary, or even extreme effort, to protect ourselves from falling back into that sin, be it avoiding a person, an activity, a place, or opportunity than provides too much temptation and seek accountability from another to help us avoid the complacency or sense of being "above" that trap or sin. hebrews 10:26, ephesians 5, hewbrews 5:29, 30, james 5:16 i think scripture is clear that we have much to gain by sharing our burdens, and helping one another avoid sin and temptation through prayer, support, and what else accountability has to offer.

i apologize if i misunderstood your question, but i think avoiding sin for a number of reasons is always best. but when we stop sinning at the earliest level possible, i think we also have the benefit of it not being a habit and all that goes with habitual sin, i.e. we start to devalue the sin and ignore the conviction we are receiving. i guess that is a "hardening of the heart", but in this case i think of it as an insensitivity to that sin. sometimes habitual sin opens more doors in our life to new temptations that never existed before that door was opened, and unfortunately, makes it even more difficult to avoid that sin than it was previously.

i'm not sure if that is the answer you wanted, but it's a great topic and question. :)
Wow, Mónica!

I´m going to check if you have blogs like this...

May 3, 2013
No sin is good lol but if your asking witch addiction is easier to get out. I am not sure but look like sexual sin is the most hardest one to be free.
A sin when not being married to the person GOD has led us.

A biological sin, even when we are married.

So sex is more adictive than any other biological drug, at certain ages.