Which is greater?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Gadget

Thank you for the kind and honest words. Its just very discouragung when you have to force yourself every moment of every day not to ebd it cause uts never going to get better. I dont question God decision but question my expectations. Why would i lean on him if my life was just destined to be one rooting pile? Can i expect anything from him or despite my faith im still going to be condemned?

Anyways. Thanks again

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Thank you for the kind and honest words. Its just very discouragung when you have to force yourself every moment of every day not to ebd it cause uts never going to get better. I dont question God decision but question my expectations. Why would i lean on him if my life was just destined to be one rooting pile? Can i expect anything from him or despite my faith im still going to be condemned?

Anyways. Thanks again

Gadget, I'd like to suggest that you read these two threads.. http://christianchat.com/miscellaneous/94727-depression-ladybugs-true-story-dark-vs-light.html. http://christianchat.com/miscellaneous.http:/95082-suicidal-thoughts-loss-loved-ones.html.

These are two of my threads which I wrote on my battle with depression and suicide. I think they could of great help to you, so please read them. :) I hope my story will inspire you and give you a reason to find life worth living. :) God bless. If the links here won't work, you can go to my profile page under "visitor Messages" tab, and click the links there.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I caught a message yesterday that helped me refocus. Basically saying, "It's not for them, it's for us." We can't let the haters have their way. Like you said earlier, you keep going because of your husband, and it's scary to think how it will be when he's gone, but you must know that there are those, here even, that love you. And if Christ is the source of that love, as you are fairly only an acquaintance, just think how full that love is from Someone that knows you inside and out.

G

Gadget

blue lady, I will have to read it tonight while I am at work as I must get some sleep. but I will give it a read tonight.

I caught a message yesterday that helped me refocus. Basically saying, "It's not for them, it's for us." We can't let the haters have their way. Like you said earlier, you keep going because of your husband, and it's scary to think how it will be when he's gone, but you must know that there are those, here even, that love you. And if Christ is the source of that love, as you are fairly only an acquaintance, just think how full that love is from Someone that knows you inside and out.
Mem, I understand what you mean and I appreciate it. I really do. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. But I've clung to the "family" before and was demonized and cast out for my troubles. I'm not saying that all of you will. but unforutnately my scars are too deep for me to trust any christian right now. But time will tell. Thx again.

Nov 3, 2014
Gadget

Know this:

The Lord always does His will ..... and He is totally justified ..... He is God .... we are not

He has a plan which He will carry out with, or with out humans

Here is the bottom line:

He does seek a relationship with man kind, but He will accept nothing short of the relationship being mutual

There is no true one sided relationship

He has also given man kind a free will to choose ..... and the human will is very strong with the tendency to make the wrong choice

So He puts the testing before us to see which way we will go

He gives us ample evidence of His existence and has even placed it within our own spirits which He has created in the first place

He has also given requirements of His preference which we cannot measure up to .... another way of saying that He is God and we are not

This should be enough for anyone to realize their need for a different and essential seeking of our maker and to ask for His acceptable remedy to fix us .... and to believe and worship Him for who He is rather than to feed our own self centered ambitions

If we do this then we are in line with the mutual relationship the He requires

He has offered to do His part in this requirement .... and we must reciprocate

When He said "do not eat the apple" the human response should have been to not eat .... why? .... because we must learn to trust Him with no doubt .... and why should we not .... He is God

The human needs His regenerating spirit .... and this connection is essential in order for us to go forward in His plan that He has for any who will recognize and worship Him for who He is .... without this connection we are just dead men walking around soon to face our extinction after a very short trouble filled life

Why should we believe this? because He says so .... He is the Lord

Remember He does not need us .... we need Him

Shall we resist, or comply? [Romans 1:16-21]

The imperials Live Because of who you are - YouTube

Because of Who You Are [C# Accompaniment] - YouTube

John
3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

3:2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

3:9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Be Still, My Soul by The Imperials featuring Russ Taff - YouTube

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013

Anyways. Thanks again
Because God has instructed us to lay up our treasures in heaven. In this life we are not promised an easy one and if you asked each one who has posted here they could give you a life story with many trials and heartaches no one gets away on this earth scot free.... But Jesus promised to be with us during these hard times and would not test us beyond what we are able. So if you have had a hard life then you must be of strong character as that is what God is trying to develop in each one of us.

I found my mother dead at the age of 8 and at 12 my father died of cancer, lived in 5 different homes until I married at the age of 17 (stupid on my part), divorced in early 20's attempted suicide at 40 and a whole laundry list of mistakes and errors railing against God and so forth and yet through it all God has been with me trying to get my attention which He finally got.

Now with a background such as this I have a good excuse to be postal and a great Debbie Downer.... But if you would talk to most of the people who know me I would venture a guess that they would say I am a upbeat happy person. Why? Because life is a choice and you choose how you react to different situations that are thrown your way and I choose to be happy.

I know God is with me and that He has taken care of me and if you have read the Bible through you know He has a special spot in His heart for widows and orphans and I can testify to the fact that it is true as He watched out for me all of my life which has not been an easy one I might add.

I can tell you without a doubt that God does love you with everything He has and is and wants a relationship with you. You are loved by God.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
Then may i ask how i personal made a choice in the decision that adam or eve made? How could i have stopped them? What could i possibly have done to keep them on the streight and norrow?
If i may just add as a side note. Lets just say that we arent born with original sin. "hypothetucally" despite our best efforts, we would still fall short and sin.

But the original sin i guess is the real focal point. Because of that one sin, we all fell? Instead if starting again?
I'd like to focus on this issue you've brought up and share what I've learned to see if I can help with your understanding. For full disclosure, I'm going to come strictly from the scriptures and not from our traditions - traditions you may still accept as true whether or not you're still a Christian - so what I say may be foreign to what you've heard. But confirm all things I say with your own study, and whether that resonates with you or no I'll leave it in God's hands. Who knows? Maybe it'll unlock understanding for the other things you've been going through and finally give you the truth (and peace) you've been searching for. I only ask that you bear with me to the end, and (of course) if you have questions feel free to ask me in a PM.

a) Adam committed the first sin
b) sin = "a crime against God"
c) "A crime against God" is punishable by death.

...This will ALWAYS be true. Thus Adam was sentenced to death for the crime he committed. Adam must die.

But there was a bit of a problem, and something satan thought he was clever in instrumenting: Adam was the very first person, and at the point of his sin, all of the rest of us are still inside him as seeds a part of his body. Again, Adam was sentenced to death for the crime he committed. Adam's body must die and return to the earth. (Genesis 3:19)

The justice of God must be satisfied; his word must come to pass (Isaiah 55:11), otherwise God isn't worthy to have his supreme authority. Adam - all of Adam - must die. But like you allude to, this isn't fair for the rest of us who weren't even born. We are all born on "death row" for a crime *we* didn't actually commit, but on a legal technicality *our flesh* did commit it since it was part of Adam's body when he sinned. So we are enslaved by this body we got from Adam, which will eventually die. Why couldn't God start over?

---Background Knowledge---

God can't go back on his word for any reason or that would proved he didn't deserve the authority to speak that word to begin with. This concept is hard for people to understand because we've grown up (mis)understanding that True Authority is the ability to do whatever one wants to do; to supersede the rules that limit everyone else, and to go back on one's original word without consequence because one is the rule maker...but such is satan's perversion of what True Authority is. True authority is to be the embodiment of the rules one has sets to the point of being The living, breathing Word of Law (John 1:1; Romans 7:14) who can no more go back on that word that he can turn against himself.

So God said (in Genesis chapters 1-3):

1) Man is made in God's image and likeness

2) Man is to have authority on the earth and over everything in it

3) "Every creature of its kind" (i.e. offspring comes from parent)

4) "Be fruitful and multiply" (i.e. man comes from man kind [Adam])

5) Just 1 tree, out of *all* of the other trees on the entire earth that could be eaten, is not to be eaten from

6) Adam will surely die if he disobeys and eats from that 1 single tree

7) God's Justice (Exodus 20:5; 34:6-7; Deuteronomy 5:9; 24:16; Ezekiel 18:20) - The punishment for sins of the parent is *not* automatically passed to the (LIVING) child, nor is the punishment for the sins of the child automatically passed to the (LIVING) parent. Everyone is responsible for their *own* sins. However, the iniquity (dirtiness; filthiness; corruption; baseness of character; temptation to sin) *IS* passed from the parent to their (UNBORN) child to the 3rd and 4th generation (as we are all the children of our parents).

This was the word God gave, and he can not go against his word else it proves he doesn't deserve his Supreme Authority.

---Satan's Strategy---

Satan, full of wisdom, took advantage of this knowledge; he tempted Adam to sin and doomed us all to death in the process. This is why he's called "a murderer from the beginning" (John 8:44). If we were already born and living at the time Adam sinned only he would've suffered the consequences for his sin alone...but the human race was still in him. Iniquity also passed to us because each subsequent generation after Adam continued to yield to their base temptations to sin. That iniquity continued to pass beyond the 3rd and 4th generations born after them because God's word must remain true for each new sin committed. At the same time, satan assumed authority of the earth (Luke 4:6) by proxy through us (we who, through our corrupt character, are led by his temptations) to do his will; becoming his spiritual "children".

---The Situation---

God couldn't start over because every word he speaks must remain true: every person MUST come from Adam. So by one man's sin...death passed to all men (because all were in him)...and because all now die, all sin (Romans 5:12)...which then requires the death payment (Romans 6:23). A never-ending cycle of death and sin became the law of this life. If God did nothing satan would continue to rule the world and man would continue to die & sin and be separated from God...but if God started over, satan would prove God's word isn't always true and that he shouldn't have his supreme authority (Isaiah 14:13-14). But don't think this painted God into a corner where he had to figure out a solution. He is eternal; outside of time. Nothing occurs to him. He is the master of strategy and knew satan's plot, using satan to bring us closer to him so that we are eventually like he is (1 John 3:2).

However satan is our enemy. And death is our bondage. It's death that compels every person to be selfish and evil to each other, sinning (1 Corinthians 15:56), creating a world full of pain and misery. Meanwhile sickness is the offspring of death; consequence after consequence heaped upon the unborn simply because they are made from the building blocks of their parents who chose to commit evil against themselves by following the lusts of their flesh (Romans 6:23), further damaging their already cursed bodies.

---The Plan---

So we needed a way out of this trap. We needed a way to be born a second time and to take on a "new" family tree; a second birth which also did not contradict the word God already spoke about us. There needed to be someone who comes from Adam...who resists sinning all of his life...who dies (taking the punishment for us) to satisfy the word God spoke against Adam's sin...but who's also worthy to live again because he committed no sin to deserve that death. Such a person could thereby effectively be both the end of old mankind but the beginning of a new mankind, giving each of us a chance to start over as offspring in him instead. Such a person could also reclaim the authority of the earth back from satan because he's also still an offspring of Adam (i.e. son of man) who did not yield to satan (John 5:27).

This is what Christ willingly did for you and me....he gave us the way out of this evil life because God loves us so much (John 3:16) and fully understands how unfair it was for you and me to suffer from what satan & Adam did...but we have to accept the gift. We have to walk out of the cell. We have to be born again as offspring in Christ's body.

What does it mean to be born again?

Every single person is required to die because of Adam...and when that person dies the judgment against Adam (and their own sins) is served and they can no longer sin against God anymore (because they're dead). But because of the paradox Christ caused (being the gateway of both our end and our new beginning [John 10:9]), we who believe can choose to die now; our life from Adam passes over to Christ on the cross and his pure life (i.e. Holy Spirit) passes over to this body so that we are crucified on the cross and no longer live in this flesh but it's Christ who lives in it instead (Galatians 2:20). We die in him. He lives in us. This is why Christ didn't just die but suffered terribly because of the many, many, many people who've accepted this Passover of lives; all of those corrupt lives in Christ's body deserving punishment for their sins.

1) Now if he live in this flesh he can resist it's base temptations to sin...

2) And if we are now dead, sin no longer has power over us...

3) The death is served and we can no longer die. Either this body will never expire (being transformed) or - if it does expire before the rest of our siblings are born - it will be undone. Either way death is nothing to us anymore. So we are now completely set free.

But here's the problem with some of us who say we believe...

In order for the above to be true; in order to truly be born again we have to die to self. We can no longer claim our original lives as offspring of our earthly mother and father...because that life is originally from Adam (not from God; only Christ was begotten of God [John 1:13; 3:13]), while those of us who believe in Christ are no longer from Adam (but now from God through Christ). One has to choose one life or the other. Can't claim both.

This means rejecting your family, your family name and your family tree. It means hating everything about the 1st life you were given (John 12:25), believing you are now dead; crucified on the cross in Christ's body (Romans 6:6). But unfortunately some of us who say we believe in Christ don't really believe this (in practice), particularly because most of us never really understood what Christ did for us (I know I didn't). It's not really taught this way in any church I've been in (though I'm not the authority on all churches). And how can someone believe in something they don't really understand? And many of those who do truly understand this are not willing to relinquish their 1st life because of the pleasures thereof (John 3:19).

But to be from the new family means you have no inheritance of any kind from your old family tree, but death. One can't accept Christ and still believe they're from the family of [enter last name here]. It's the same thing when you married your husband: if you were traditional in your marriage, you took on his last name and forsook your original name, symbolic of the truth that your first life MUST end to start the new life in Christ. When one is born again they take on the life of their new family and MUST forsake their original life...but many of us who say we're born again haven't even considered doing such a thing. So are we really born again? Has there been any real change in us at all? What I speak of is the difference between following a religion and living an entirely new life.

Now legally and for the purpose of this world..

One must maintain their legal identity. But for one to know in their heart of hearts that the old person born to their former family on their former birthday is truly dead is how one is truly born again. That's when the change happens. To say "I am separated from all of it". They are a new creature who has a new birthday to celebrate, with a new father, with new brothers and sisters (Matthew 12:46-50), and a new inheritance (Romans 8:17). If we have not forsook the former things we are not born into the new things, no matter how much we say we are Christian.

Last edited:

GuessWho

Nov 8, 2014
a) Adam committed the first sin
b) sin = "a crime against God"
c) "A crime against God" is punishable by death.

...This will ALWAYS be true. Thus Adam was sentenced to death for the crime he committed. Adam must die.
Sin is not crime against God, but crime against you. The consequence of sin is death, not by punishment, but because it separates you from God, it moves you away from God. When God asked Adam "where are you?", God didn't ask this because He literally didn't know where Adam was, but because God wanted Adam to realize where he is (spiritually): is Adam near of God or far from God?
This is what sin does: it separates you from God (Who is Life) and thus, brings you closer to death.