Which president was worse ? poll

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 25, 2005
Obama, but answering the OP's question is like choosing between a bland, tasteless meal and one that simply tastes bad.

Australia has had medicare - something far more extensive than Obama care for a few decades now. We survived and it's amazing to be supported medically when you can't afford it.
You're comparing apples and oranges there, my friend.

R

Ringer

Australia has had medicare - something far more extensive than Obama care for a few decades now. We survived and it's amazing to be supported medically when you can't afford it.
Uh... Obamacare isn't free health care.
You have to pay for it.
Lower income gets subsidies, but it's not that much.

The only thing that is good about Obamacare is that it says Insurance can't deny you for pre-existing problems.
It is not "free" health care, it's "mandated health care" mandated that you buy insurance on the exchanges, get it through your employer or through some other form.

In some states where there are more than one option, it's great. It worked great in Massachusetts, however in other states like New Hampshire there are some people there who won't be able to see their local doctor and will have to drive 3-4 hours just to be seen.

We already have medicare in the United States, it's for the disabled and elderly. Medical is for the financially challenged, and for every child who does not have insurance.

I don't blame you since you're from Australia for not knowing what the Affordable Health Care Act is, but it's kind of sad when most people in the United States don't know what it is.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
The problem is that it is forced healthcare?

From the sounds of things it is more the implementation that you are opposed to? Rather than giving healthcare to those who can't afford it?

R

Ringer

The problem is that it is forced healthcare?

From the sounds of things it is more the implementation that you are opposed to? Rather than giving healthcare to those who can't afford it?
Yes, it's implementation is horrible.
I'm not against healthcare for everyone, I am against the way Obamacare is being implemented.

I would say that a federal mandate like what it's doing is too difficult to pass on account that the United States itself is a large and very varied population, culture, and geography (kind of like Australia but with 5 times more the population from last census I think). The individual states should find a way to handle their health care on their own.

Sep 6, 2013
Yes, it's the enforcement of this health care. Right now, many people are uninsured and can't afford insurance. (They aren't poor enough for medicare, but aren't rich enough for private insurance.) Under Obamacare, they will be forced to BUY insurance - that they still can't afford. Even the lowest poverty level's insurance will cost about $200 per month, which is a lot of money for people who can't afford healthcare in the first place.

Also, the Obamacare plan supports abortion which many (most?) Americans are not in agreement with. So we will be forced to pay for others to get abortions, which is against our freedom of religion in the constitution.

J

jimmydiggs

Both are terrible for this country, I'm not sure I can really say one is better than the other, but I definitely dislike Obama more, partly because when Bush was in office for the most part I didn't experience it like I do now being a litter older and a little wiser.

Jul 25, 2005
Obamacare alone indeed gives Bush the edge.

S

ServantStrike

Well since no one has used this analogy next. It's kind of like picking between the firing squad and the electric chair. In many ways.

One has a bad reputation, but actually gets the job done more quickly and humanely. The other was touted by all of it's proponents as being humane but really just results in a slow agonizing death.

G

gocardinals25

Will start off by saying I never have supported Obama but the fact is that women were free to have abortions the whole time Bush was in office so theres that, medicare is great for some but I know so many liars that know how to scam the system to fund their drug habits or worse make a living (if you can lie your way into medicare you can pursuade a doctor) and these are not the elderly or the sick these are young adults who can function just fine. I don't know if I agree completely with this "Obamacare" but I see it as a better option than paying the medicare tax and funding the lazy rather than the sick, they should have never started these programs without drugtesting

Sep 6, 2013
Do you think Obamacare will help? I'm thinking that we'll be wishing for that medicare tax back by 2015. Who is going to be paying for all of this if not the taxpayers? There will always be people who exploit the system. We will see what happens. I don't WANT it to fail. I'm just not very hopeful.

G

gocardinals25

I really don't know,change is always scary ,we would need the bill in its entirety sitting in front of us and look 5-10 years down the road, I personally think that we should go back to the ways it was when America was founded take away all of these crutches and then more people would be forced to work and in general be happier,healthier,and probably more spiritual than this mess we have today

F

flight316

George W. Bush is the worst president that I have ever seen in my life time. Everyboy knows it including the republicans.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
I'd agree with the abortion thing - although I think that unless society as a whole agrees that it is wrong will have trouble passing it. We have an interesting bill in the New South Wales (Australian State) legislative council at the moment...

So if say - taxes were increased - or perhaps the militaries budged was decreased (It's at 4.4% of GDP)- to fund a universal medicare type system you would support it?

As far as I'm aware also I think the Australian medicare system is far more extensive than America... I think we sit somewhere between America and Scandinavia. Would you be opposed to such a system or more in favour of it? Our tax system is weighted in favour of low income earners, so most of the burden does fall upon the middle class and rich - can provide more details if wanted.

Also - you may find it as surprising - but outside of republican America Obama is actually very well liked. - Far, far more than bush in many places - Europe, Australia and others... I think the only ones that would prefer a republican president (can't remember if it was compared to bush or not) were like Pakistan and another odd one somewhere.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
Under Obamacare, they will be forced to BUY insurance - that they still can't afford.
This is one of the things I don't understand about Obamacare. You're forced to buy it. And if you don't buy it, then you're charged fines. But if you don't pay those fines they're not going to put you in jail or anything. So it's mandatory but it's not? I'm confused.

Sep 6, 2013
This is one of the things I don't understand about Obamacare. You're forced to buy it. And if you don't buy it, then you're charged fines. But if you don't pay those fines they're not going to put you in jail or anything. So it's mandatory but it's not? I'm confused.
They will take it (the penalty) out of your tax returns in one way or another. I'll find out in a year or two and let you know. I'm uninsured and do not plan on buying insurance. I've figured it up, and if I remember correctly the penalty for me in 2014 would be $97 or so, and by 2015 when it's supposed to skyrocket, I'm hoping people will have come to their senses about trying to force Americans to buy something they don't want or have any use for.

Sep 6, 2013
I've got no problem with providing medicare to those who qualify and want it. My main issue is Big Government... when the government decides that it knows better than the people, and takes their choices (freedom) away in order to make them do what is "in their best interest", it's really rather alarming.

Scenario: A group of kids playing on the playground. Three kids have a banana. One kid doesn't have a banana. He's been saving his banana money. Teacher notices he doesn't have a banana. Teacher decides that EVERY child should have their own banana. So to solve the problem, the teacher forces the bananaless child to spend his money buying a banana. The child doesn't like bananas. Now he has no money, and a banana he didn't want and probably won't ever eat.

G

gocardinals25

Well the way I see it is is this country can do one of two things, it has to tax us to death or eliminate the help completely and since eliminating the help would probably cause riots I guess they have to tax the wealthier to death I don't see any other way america is going to climb out of the hole we're in something has got to give. Also a little off topic I have been doing a little research on israel and america has been funding their military and leaving palestine broke and defenseless against them,losing their land,lives,and families, no to mention our drones we send in killing innocent civilians I just pray God has mercy on this nation.