Who else can relate to this song?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

notonmywatch

Yeah you might realize they're nice after all:unsure::giggle:
They are nice. They're just not a good fit for me. I don't like restrictive clothing around my upper body. Turtlenecks are definitely out of the question. No offense to any turtles who might be reading this.

Feb 12, 2023
Ireland
Hrm. I guess even Christians make judgments :(

Looking past that part, this song reminds me of Job. "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord."

I heard an earnest, fallible human being, much like many of David's psalms, praising God through the hardships we all face.

Even Christians can find themselves in the wilderness at times. If I ascend into Heaven, you are there. If I make my bed in the depths, You are there.

Thank you for the song!

NilsForChrist

Jan 31, 2023
This may sound harsh, but I honestly believe that the confusion and lack of understanding of which she spoke only comes to those who either haven't heard the true gospel message or to those who have heard it, but haven't truly responded to it in their hearts.

Jesus said that we cannot be his disciples unless we deny ourselves, take up our crosses, and follow him. He also said that we must lose our lives to find them. So, yes, it's definitely a matter of God's will being done in and through our lives as opposed to us seeking to fulfill our own lusts or desires.

Simply put, we were created by God and for God. We all went astray as lost sheep, and Jesus Christ, the good shepherd, came to seek and to save us who were lost. That salvation is a reconciling of ourselves back unto God in order for us to fulfill the purposes for which we were actually created in the first place. If we understand this, then there's really no need for much of the heartbreaks which we face, which are often nothing more than us not getting our selfish desires fulfilled. Our real heartaches should be in relation to seeing the lost perishing all around us, but many people seem to have no real regard for them whatsoever. These are just general observations of mine, and not direct accusations against anybody here in particular.

Revelation 4:11
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
Amen.