Who Is GOD And Why Did HE Create Us?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 3, 2014

Can you tell the difference between your soul and your spirit?

Think of your soul as yourself. It's what makes you, you.
So when you hold up your hand and watch yourself make a fist and think to yourself that 'I'm me', that is your soul.
When someone calls you by name and you realize that it's 'You' that they are talking too, that 'You' is your soul.
Your spirit is the intellect of your soul. Your spirit can train your flesh and your flesh can train your spirit.
If a person listens to sad music all the time, they are training their spirit to be a sad spirit. If a person has strong will and forces themself to maintain healthy habits, that's their spirit training their flesh. The flesh is not the soul, the flesh contains the soul and spirit. If a person is mean, they are mean spirited. If a person drinks a bottle of spirits (wine), their personality changes. Their personality is their spirit.
It's like a piece of rubber. The rubber is the soul and how flexible it is would be the spirit.
At the end of this age when JESUS returns, we will all be changed from these flesh bodies into a perfect spirit body that is incorruptable in the twinkling of an eye. It is called a spirit body, but it holds the soul and spirit just like these flesh bodies hold the soul and spirit now.

We all have personalities or spirits. Some of our traits may be that we are humorous or serious. Some may have more of one trait and some less of another. But our spirit IS our personality. It is our soul (or in the case of GOD, HIS SOUL) that exhibits that personality (or PERSONALITY). If you take a look at verse Revelation 5:6 and Revelation verse 5:13, you will see GOD'S PERSONALITY or SPIRIT defined. Notice also that verse Revelation 4:5 states clearly that these are THE SEVEN SPIRITS Of GOD.

Rev 5:1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
Rev 5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
Rev 5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Rev 5:7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
Rev 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Rev 5:11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
Rev 5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
Rev 5:14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

...And why did HE create us?

Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
Rev 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
Rev 4:3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
Rev 4:4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
Rev 4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
Rev 4:6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.
Rev 4:7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
Rev 4:8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
Rev 4:9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
Rev 4:10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Notice verse Revelation 4:11:

HE created us for HIS pleasure.

Conclusion:

So, here are the Attributes Of GOD, which are:

Power, and Riches, and Wisdom, and Strength, and Honour, and Glory, and Blessing.

The 'and' that separates each attribute is a polysyndeton. It means that there is more more that is meant than what could be written, basically meaning that each attribute is overwhelming.

...And HE created us for HIS pleasure.

R

Richie_2uk

Can you tell the difference between your soul and your spirit?

Think of your soul as yourself. It's what makes you, you.
So when you hold up your hand and watch yourself make a fist and think to yourself that 'I'm me', that is your soul.
When someone calls you by name and you realize that it's 'You' that they are talking too, that 'You' is your soul.
Your spirit is the intellect of your soul. Your spirit can train your flesh and your flesh can train your spirit.
If a person listens to sad music all the time, they are training their spirit to be a sad spirit. If a person has strong will and forces themself to maintain healthy habits, that's their spirit training their flesh. The flesh is not the soul, the flesh contains the soul and spirit. If a person is mean, they are mean spirited. If a person drinks a bottle of spirits (wine), their personality changes. Their personality is their spirit.
It's like a piece of rubber. The rubber is the soul and how flexible it is would be the spirit.
At the end of this age when JESUS returns, we will all be changed from these flesh bodies into a perfect spirit body that is incorruptable in the twinkling of an eye. It is called a spirit body, but it holds the soul and spirit just like these flesh bodies hold the soul and spirit now.

We all have personalities or spirits. Some of our traits may be that we are humorous or serious. Some may have more of one trait and some less of another. But our spirit IS our personality. It is our soul (or in the case of GOD, HIS SOUL) that exhibits that personality (or PERSONALITY). If you take a look at verse Revelation 5:6 and Revelation verse 5:13, you will see GOD'S PERSONALITY or SPIRIT defined. Notice also that verse Revelation 4:5 states clearly that these are THE SEVEN SPIRITS Of GOD.

Rev 5:1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
Rev 5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
Rev 5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Rev 5:7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
Rev 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Rev 5:11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
Rev 5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
Rev 5:14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

...And why did HE create us?

Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
Rev 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
Rev 4:3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
Rev 4:4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
Rev 4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
Rev 4:6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.
Rev 4:7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
Rev 4:8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
Rev 4:9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
Rev 4:10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Notice verse Revelation 4:11:

HE created us for HIS pleasure.

Conclusion:

So, here are the Attributes Of GOD, which are:

Power, and Riches, and Wisdom, and Strength, and Honour, and Glory, and Blessing.

The 'and' that separates each attribute is a polysyndeton. It means that there is more more that is meant than what could be written, basically meaning that each attribute is overwhelming.

...And HE created us for HIS pleasure.
Why ask his creation? why don't you ask God himself? the very person who created us?

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
I would agree that He did it for His pleasure. He tells us so. Luke 12:32 makes a good point telling us how much He wants us : p

By creating us, He was pleased, and He is pleased by giving us what we need and making us happy. He is a God of love. And apparently loving His creations makes Him happy.

There are things that make Him angry, yes. And sadly every one of us has caused Him anger, but He has given us His only son to die so that we may be forgiven and be with Him still.

We are Gods pleasure. His creations doing good things are what He desires.

Dec 3, 2014
Why ask his creation? why don't you ask God himself? the very person who created us?
Hi Richie,

You misunderstood. I'm not asking HIS creation. This simply shows that a spirit is intellect or personality and you know that seven means spiritual completeness already. Then it goes on to describe GOD'S Personality. The Seven Spirits of GOD are HIS Personality. These are the same Spirits that are sent to the seven churches of Revelation. In total, the Seven Spirits equals or are The HOLY SPIRIT. Then, once we know what GOD is like, we ask why did HE create us? Well, HE created us for HIS pleasure.

Jan 2, 2015
seems more like a statement than a question..anyways , how about...
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 ¶ And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

We havnt got any sweeter with time...I saw a sticker which sums some of this up ...

We were created caretakers but became conquerors (as if it was ours )

M

MaggieMye

God = Father, Son, Holy Spirit;
Man = Body, Soul, spirit;
Body = Flesh, bone & blood;
Soul = Mind, will & emotions;
spirit = conscience, wisdom, and communication

Why did He create us?? RELATIONSHIP!!!! ~~~~~~~~~Pretty simple, really.

Dec 3, 2014
seems more like a statement than a question..anyways , how about...
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 ¶ And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

We havnt got any sweeter with time...I saw a sticker which sums some of this up ...

We were created caretakers but became conquerors (as if it was ours )
The things you write don't disagree with Revelation. The things I wrote are written in Revelation and are pure and true according to GOD'S WORD.