WHO IS THE DEVIL?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
Do you have a particular poster in mimd?

Are you asking for names?

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
Is it easy to recognize the Devil?

Does Eve know that the Devil (serpent) is the one talking to her?
Or she thought it is not the Devil that is why she eat it?

GENESIS 3:6
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
I do not think Adam and Eve even knew about the devil, and the Bible does not say God told them about the devil.

Adam and Eve were created innocent with no sin on their record, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was in the garden because they had a choice.

But it would of never entered their mind to eat of that tree because God commanded it and they could see no other alternative.

It had to take an outside source to tempt them giving them an alternate reality for them to think about eating of that tree.

And since God gave them a choice concerning the tree which they would not eat of it if they were not tempted by an outside source He allowed Satan to tempt Eve.

Which she said they may not eat of the tree.

Then Satan tempted her with an alternate reality that God knew that if they ate of the tree they would be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Then Eve ate of the tree and sinned, and then she was the outside source that tempted Adam by showing him she did not die, and nothing bad happened to her, and he ate of the tree and sinned.

It seems like if it would of never entered their mind to eat of the tree but they had a choice, but they would of not ate of the tree unless an outside source tempted them, so God allowed Satan to tempt Eve to give them the choice that if God told them about the devil commanding them to ignore him then Eve would of ignored him because it would of never entered her mind to listen to him because God commanded it.

So I do not believe that they even knew about the devil until after they sinned.

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food(lust of the flesh), and that it was pleasant to the eyes(lust of the eyes), and a tree to be desired to make one wise(pride of life), she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

1Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Jan 2, 2024
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now it begins for me to understand.
Since only God could reveal who the Devil is, that is why nobody in this world can determine the Devil Action even the chosen of God.

Pertaining in Devil Action, I read this verse about Uzzah.

Uzzah doesn't want the Ark of God be ruined when it falls in the ground.
To a man standard what Uzzah did is appropriate.
In this circumstances Uzzah did his best move to make God happy.
But for God this is not how to make him happy, because it is a Devil Action. And God killed Uzzah.

2 SAMUEL 6:6-7
And when they came to Nachon's threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.
7 And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.

Because of this, God tells the Truth how the Devil deceived the whole world with the help of his Angels.

REVELATION 12:9
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

People taught that it is not the Devil but the Christ.
Because the Devil is disguising as the Lord Jesus.

REVELATION 13:11-15
And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Another example is when Judas betrayed Jesus.
There is one person who doesn't want Jesus to suffer and to die on the cross.
So he defended Jesus, he drew his sword and willing to fight for Jesus.

To a Man's Standard the action is in favor of Jesus.
For Jesus it is not, but a Devil Action.

MATTHEW 26:51-52
And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear.
Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Jan 2, 2024
Regarding to only Jesus could reveal the identity of the Devil.

In the New Testament, God had given his words to the Jews.
That is why Jews belief that the words of God in the Old Testament whom they followed is the true basis for salvation.
So when Jesus arrived, the Jews are very strict in following God's Laws especially The 10 commandments of God.

They crucified the 2 Criminals for Stealing.

Mary Magdalene was being caught for Adultery that is why the Jews want to punish her.

The Jews believe in God of Abraham.
JOHN 8:41
Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

Question: Did Jesus reveal to all the Jews the identity of Satan?

Despite of Jews belief and following God's law but Jesus did not reveal the identity of the Devil.
Because of that, Jews don't know that their father is the Devil

This is what he said to them:
JOHN 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a LIAR, and the father of it.

Why Jesus did not reveal the identity of Satan to the Jews despite they believe in God and following God's law?

It is because, they don't know their God whom they serve & love.
JOHN 8:54-55
Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
55 Yet ye have not known him
; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

To whom Jesus revealed the identity of Satan?

To his disciples alone because the disciples of Jesus know the identity of the True God.
MARK 4:34
But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.

The identity of the Devil remained secret to the Jews (John 8:44)

If in The New Testament, God had given his words to the Jews.
In our times today, God gave his words in Christianity.
The entire Christianity is loving and serving God.

Sadly, what they preach to the people, God is A Mystery (means they don't know also the One True God as the Jews).

Every time I ask to the leaders, who is the One True God sitting in a One Throne in heaven as John seen?
They can't give me a clear answer, so what they say, God is A Mystery.

Who can identify the One True God sitting in One Throne in heaven?
REVELATION 4:2
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne

Dec 29, 2023
I do not think Adam and Eve even knew about the devil, and the Bible does not say God told them about the devil.

He told them to tend to the garden so they new it was possible for bad things to happen

And He gave them instructions so when the devil arrived questioning God's instructions they should have cast him out of the garden because they had authority to tend to the garden.

They has NO excuse!

Jan 2, 2024
Regarding to only Jesus could reveal the identity of the Devil.

In the New Testament, God had given his words to the Jews.
That is why Jews belief that the words of God in the Old Testament whom they followed is the true basis for salvation.
So when Jesus arrived, the Jews are very strict in following God's Laws especially The 10 commandments of God.

They crucified the 2 Criminals for Stealing.

Mary Magdalene was being caught for Adultery that is why the Jews want to punish her.

The Jews believe in God of Abraham.
JOHN 8:41
Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

Question: Did Jesus reveal to all the Jews the identity of Satan?

Despite of Jews belief and following God's law but Jesus did not reveal the identity of the Devil.
Because of that, Jews don't know that their father is the Devil

This is what he said to them:
JOHN 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a LIAR, and the father of it.

Why Jesus did not reveal the identity of Satan to the Jews despite they believe in God and following God's law?

It is because, they don't know their God whom they serve & love.
JOHN 8:54-55
Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
55 Yet ye have not known him
; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

To whom Jesus revealed the identity of Satan?

To his disciples alone because the disciples of Jesus know the identity of the True God.
MARK 4:34
But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.

The identity of the Devil remained secret to the Jews (John 8:44)

If in The New Testament, God had given his words to the Jews.
In our times today, God gave his words in Christianity.
The entire Christianity is loving and serving God.

Sadly, what they preach to the people, God is A Mystery (means they don't know also the One True God as the Jews).

Every time I ask to the leaders, who is the One True God sitting in a One Throne in heaven as John seen?
They can't give me a clear answer, so what they say, God is A Mystery.

Who can identify the One True God sitting in One Throne in heaven?
REVELATION 4:2
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Question: How can we recognize or To Know the One True God sitting in A Throne in heaven?

Here are the answers of God so that God is A Mystery No More.

God The Father said: No Man Can Introduce God to a person.

Jesus said: If you know me, you know my Father also.

JEREMIAH 31:34
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

JOHN 8:19
19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also