Who is to blame for the latest Isreal Palestine war really ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 18, 2023
@Thunderrr-mental you think Palestinians are a plague on the earth, you changing your position? :unsure:
do I think people are plagues, well they can be.

I couldn't say one particular culture is a plague,

I know God created each individuals inner being and knitted them together whilst they where in there mother's wombs

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
HeIsHere can certainly provide historical sources. But let me add this historical information is bountiful and at your fingertips, namely websites and youtube, but also certainly books and periodicals as well. I've researched the history over the last 30+ years from a hundred different sources, and I can tell you there isn't disagreement on the historical facts, of let's say, the last 110 years of history (starting from WWI) of the Palestine/Israel conflict. People have different angles on the info, but it's the same info.

You can pick your own sources, and them check that info against the next source, and you'll see what I mean. The Sykes-Picot Agreement and the Balfour Declaration is a great place to start. I'll just post the last one I happened to listen to, and it's the same as the previous 20 some other sources I reviewed

I'm often surprised, here, at the callous nature people have on these issues (I don't mean you). Viewing people as objects instead of people in the image of God. They seem ignorant of the basic history. And so they don't seem to acknowledge all the very different things that have the name Israel. They don't seem to know there's christians there, that 49% the population of the state of Israel self-declare themselves as secular, they don't know the 4-level ID system, etc. We should be lifting Messiah, dignity, righteousness, justice, solution, peace and the 'least of these' regardless of borders. Mat 10:16 Yeshua said, "Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." Where is the shrewdness?
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink."

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
... this historical information is bountiful and at your fingertips, namely websites and youtube, but also certainly books and periodicals as well. I've researched the history over the last 30+ years from a hundred different sources, and I can tell you there isn't disagreement on the historical facts, of let's say, the last 110 years of history (starting from WWI) of the Palestine/Israel conflict. People have different angles on the info, but it's the same info.
Hello, Sculpt. Thank you for your input...

Would you say that facts are, or are not, open to interpretation? .:unsure:

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
Hello, Sculpt. Thank you for your input...

Would you say that facts are, or are not, open to interpretation? .:unsure:
I wrote, "People have different angles on the info, but it's the same info."

If we want to say anything meaningful, we need to be specific. I don't know what you're trying to say by your post. Is there anything specific in the video you found not historically accurate? Are you saying all information is meaningless?

I've been very encouraged with the historical information surrounding the Palestine issue because of the voluminous and universal agreement on the fundamental historical information/documents. People ignore or use the same info in different ways; in good, neutral and bads ways.

I know people who want to dismiss Christ out-of-hand sometimes say, "Eh, isn't the Bible just all a matter of interpretation?" People say similar things when they want to dismiss information that they fear might have any counter-effect on a position they are comfortable with. We know that attitude is not the path of knowledge, wisdom and truth.

Proverbs:
18:15- The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out.

Chap 1- To the young man knowledge and discretion—
A wise man will hear and increase learning,
And a man of understanding will attain wise counsel

How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity?
For scorners delight in their scorning,
And fools hate knowledge.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I wrote, "People have different angles on the info, but it's the same info."

If we want to say anything meaningful, we need to be specific. I don't know what you're trying to say by your post. Is there anything specific in the video you found not historically accurate? Are you saying all information is meaningless?

I've been very encouraged with the historical information surrounding the Palestine issue because of the voluminous and universal agreement on the fundamental historical information/documents. People ignore or use the same info in different ways; in good, neutral and bads ways.

I know people who want to dismiss Christ out-of-hand sometimes say, "Eh, isn't the Bible just all a matter of interpretation?" People say similar things when they want to dismiss information that they fear might have any counter-effect on a position they are comfortable with. We know that attitude is not the path of knowledge, wisdom and truth.

Proverbs:
18:15- The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out.

Chap 1- To the young man knowledge and discretion—
A wise man will hear and increase learning,
And a man of understanding will attain wise counsel

How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity?
For scorners delight in their scorning,
And fools hate knowledge.

Good day! It is almost my bedtime (well, it is, but I will answer first)... I did not watch the video. I was
simply curious if you would say facts are open to interpretation or not? Someone said they were not,
and yet I was under the impression that people arrive at different conclusions because facts are open
to interpretation, especially given that they do not exist in a vacuum. Plus, nobody has all the facts.

Good night for now...

Clayman

May 30, 2021
Good day! It is almost my bedtime (well, it is, but I will answer first)... I did not watch the video. I was
simply curious if you would say facts are open to interpretation or not? Someone said they were not,
and yet I was under the impression that people arrive at different conclusions because facts are open
to interpretation, especially given that they do not exist in a vacuum. Plus, nobody has all the facts.

Good night for now...
Absolutely facts are open to interpretation, everyone has a bias, from the environment they were raised in, to their current beliefs and world viewpoint, to their own internal problems including personal sin for we are far from perfect.

Take Genesis for example, did God create the heavens and the earth in six days, of course He did, for that's what it says, but we all know there are those poor folks who don't interpret it that way.

Same with the situation in Israel, people have a bias so believe different things, and the more people say they look at at it from an unbiased position the less likely they will have the facts right as its a fallacious argument to put forward to folks to persuade that they are correct, this is just from my biased viewpoint of course :)

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021

Good night for now...
Hi Megenta! I hear ya. But I also have never experienced someone asking that question in a vacuum either. As in, there's usually a "so, this..." coming after it. So, I wonder why you're asking the question?

That was basically my best answer to that general question. Different types of information are different. Some things are very open to interpretation, like a mysterious and vague poem. Other things are quite the opposite... the nature of the specific information is just information that 90-100% of credible people agree on with a vast number of supportive sources. It's very dependent on the specific information being assessed.

Vast majority of people can agree on the historical information that Bush won the 2004 US presidential election. You can google it, and you can't find any source contesting this info. People can say different things about it, but they aren't contesting that historical fact, if you will. If you're dealing with a problem surrounding that election, knowing the agreed upon history has been key to solving problems. It's extremely useful.

Dec 18, 2023
A prayer for the Palestine mothers 😊

It's switched to English after the Palestinian mothers sing

Grover

Apr 26, 2024
We live in Satan's realm; we should keep our eyes on the prize and not get caught up in the world's problems but bring as many sheep to the Shepherd as possible.
Reading the book of Revelation helps.

Dec 18, 2023
We live in Satan's realm; we should keep our eyes on the prize and not get caught up in the world's problems but bring as many sheep to the Shepherd as possible.
Reading the book of Revelation helps.
Jesus said our battle is also against the rulers of the world 😊

All tho if it's not your calling then live a quiet life