Who likes candles?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LindaT456

I am burning three for God right now. The True Living brand from Dollar General are very nice.

G

GeorgeGordon

In my church we burn candles all the time, hand made bee's wax candles that are made locally by Orthodox Christian monks. It represents our prayers to God. I like candles myself, having one huge one in my room to light in times of trouble or gladness, in thanks or in petition.

Oct 31, 2011
Doesn’t finding new ways to worship open up deep joy and satisfaction!

The light of a candle means so many wonderful things. It represents letting your light shine. It represents Christ, the light of our life. It is a sign of the worship we have for God.

I have always been so impressed with the way God used instructions for daily living to the Hebrews to explain Himself to them. When Christ came and explained how it is the spirit and truth we use that is the most important, the rituals themselves aren’t, I don’t think God meant us to wipe them all out of our lives. They bring such meaning and peace with them. They bring God right before our eyes.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
I love scented candles. I burn them at home to add good fragrance and relaxing atmosphere. My favourite scents are vanilla coconut, cinnamon, strawberry, Bath & Body Works Honeysuckle and Twilight Woods, and basically anything floral. :)

S

Siberian_Khatru

I am burning three for God right now. The True Living brand from Dollar General are very nice.
I'll have to look into those. I bought a couple of candle holders from Dollar Tree and they were certainly worth the $2.

flowerof3

May 1, 2011
i love using candles especially when listening to music , praying, just to feel peaceful

U

Ugly

I enjoy them. Though it's not a religious experience. I just like the fire. Watching the flame dance.
I used to enjoy scented candles, til i realized i have an allergy to the scents and get headaches and sneeze from them.
When i was a teen i had a small collection of unique candles that i never would burn. But had to leave them behind when i moved. : /

C

Chezz

Oh I love candles!! They are so wonderful!!!

D

didymos

I'm not sure if God needs candles, but hey: it's the thought that counts. :)

I

iTOREtheSKY

I love candles...vanilla. There great for ambiance & they save on electricity.:)

O

OceanGrl

I love candles, I love the ones that smell like lavender.

C

cadahl

Yes,Candles are great especially if they are fragrant.I enjoy them when relaxing.