who real under stand sin in why is it so bad to deserve such punishment

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sose

this has been i Know the important thing to under stand give your version and ill explane what iv been searching so I can quit. because some of us just will not quit until there convinced in what there doing is so wrong and deserving of such seemingly unreasonable punishment by GOD

G

GreenNnice

God corrects us, yes, out of love, just like a loving parent does their child.
Stay strong to God, pray to God, He will provide understanding for what happened. God is merciful , God is Love. He loves you so, so much, just let Him rock you in His arms, be cradled and quiet and listen, for will come --in the quiet of your time opened to the Word, praying--Him.

He, with His way, still small voice, prompt, in His timing, help you know how to achieve victory over all. All to Jesus, I surrender, all to Jesus I freely give . Listen, I suggest, to that cee cee Winans song, 'I Surrender All.' :)

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jullianna

Look around the planet. The endless evil we see everyday. Sin causes it all. The thing is, when we sin, it is ourselves that we punish.

God didn't just sit down and write a bunch of rules to entertain Himself. He did it to protect us from ourselves and others...and to protect them from us. Jesus told us in the scriptures below that this summed up the law. If you read the law, you'll find that loving protection was God's intent. To show mankind the damage that sin does to all of us on a daily basis. When we look at our lives honestly, we can see the scars we bear from our mistakes. Those who love us bear scars too.

God came to earth in the form of Jesus Christ to share the truth with us and to give His life as payment for our sin. That's how bad sin is. Bad enough for an innocent to die IN OUR PLACE. Not only did He pay the price for our sin, but God will guide us into a whole new way of living that is far less harmful to us and others through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 22:36-40

New International Version (NIV)

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

J

Jullianna

“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”

HEBREWS 12:56

S

Sose

thank you for your input

J

Jullianna

You are very welcome. God bless, Sose

We all battle sin. Prayer, scripture and christian fellowship help. :)

S

Sose

so true i like your input . I think what i said was a little missguilding but you see ah I had some close to that made me realize that and ever since then I realize that that is the biggest problem of why people dont like about GOD .I also then was the same way but seaching the simple thing like I saw on TV a thing about cocain and they were doing a test on monkey and how much they chose the drug over rather than being with the other monkeys. it a simple test of one or the other of love or which one has more value . the biggest question is people seem to over look is how do you determine a system that show and proove what has the greatest value(MATHEW 13:45)GOD take this to the extreme with the monkey test . add a door that slowly closing down in the middle . but this monkey know that and can go back and forth while the door is still up.but this monkey know once it closes that door will never be open again so it a altimate chose to be with rather only one .that why GOD can never take you back because you willing chose ultimate ly knowing to never be with him in this test GOD clearly made.by for today

G

GreenNnice

thank you for your input
_____God bless you, Sose. Don't let The Enemy get under your ,skin, he only convicts of your sin. With Satan, you are GUILTY with no chance for parole so to speak. while God reminds us of our sin.
As Julianna posted, only 'chastens,' (corrects us) , this is Love, even more so than a parent's love for child , , it is God''s Love for His children which is pure and forgiving , infinitely so :)

K

kayem77

Look around the planet. The endless evil we see everyday. Sin causes it all. The thing is, when we sin, it is ourselves that we punish.

God didn't just sit down and write a bunch of rules to entertain Himself. He did it to protect us from ourselves and others...and to protect them from us. Jesus told us in the scriptures below that this summed up the law. If you read the law, you'll find that loving protection was God's intent. To show mankind the damage that sin does to all of us on a daily basis. When we look at our lives honestly, we can see the scars we bear from our mistakes. Those who love us bear scars too.

God came to earth in the form of Jesus Christ to share the truth with us and to give His life as payment for our sin. That's how bad sin is. Bad enough for an innocent to die IN OUR PLACE. Not only did He pay the price for our sin, but God will guide us into a whole new way of living that is far less harmful to us and others through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 22:36-40

New International Version (NIV)

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Yep, just as she said...God really knows better.

C

Crossfire

so true i like your input . I think what i said was a little missguilding but you see ah I had some close to that made me realize that and ever since then I realize that that is the biggest problem of why people dont like about GOD .I also then was the same way but seaching the simple thing like I saw on TV a thing about cocain and they were doing a test on monkey and how much they chose the drug over rather than being with the other monkeys. it a simple test of one or the other of love or which one has more value . the biggest question is people seem to over look is how do you determine a system that show and proove what has the greatest value(MATHEW 13:45)GOD take this to the extreme with the monkey test . add a door that slowly closing down in the middle . but this monkey know that and can go back and forth while the door is still up.but this monkey know once it closes that door will never be open again so it a altimate chose to be with rather only one .that why GOD can never take you back because you willing chose ultimate ly knowing to never be with him in this test GOD clearly made.by for today
Julianna has given you some great advice. Everything she has stated is true. However, to help you better understand, I'd like to offer you another perspective in addition to what Julianna has already contributed. :)

You see, God created mankind with one reason in mind, to fellowship with him. By nature, God Himself is love beyond human comprehension. He is Spirit. He is purity. He is truth. He is life. By nature God is also selfless. In the beginning, God placed mankind in a wonderful garden where God Himself met all of mankind's needs. Scripture teaches us that God created mankind in His very own image thus we too were once loving and selfless through right relationship with Him.

Unfortunately, it didn't last. An angel by the name of Lucifer was jealous of God. He desired to be worshiped just as God was worshiped thus selfishness (sin) was born. One day Lucifer decided to visit the garden and tricked mankind into disobeying God by committing an act of selfishness. Because of their disobedience, God - being everything that is pure and right and selfless - could no longer fellowship with with man because of man's selfishness (sin). Mankind had strayed from their original purpose, the consequence of such being death and hell. However, God took mercy upon mankind and, instead killing them, God kicked mankind out of the garden where their would die a slow natural death, doomed to live a life without the presence of God in their daily lives. Mankind now was forced to fend for themselves thus giving way to more selfishness (sin). With each new generation the world became more and more polluted.

However, God had a plan. Remember, by nature God is selfless thus He took it upon Himself to rescue mankind. He humbled himself and became a man (Jesus) then fulfilled every requirement necessary to restore mankind to right fellowship with Himself thus sacrificing His life so that you and I can enjoy all of the benefits of our original purpose in this life. All one needs to walk in right relationship with God is to believe in Jesus Christ and obey his word. In doing so, God promises to send His Spirit to live in our hearts and helps us to become like Him. Through love, His Spirit transforms us to be selfless just as God is selfless. We begin to love like Jesus loved and live like Jesus lived. If you are truly saved, your life will be transformed. :)

However, your selfishness (sin) is proof that you are not walking in right relationship with God, the consequence of such is death and hell. You can not be saved and still live a sinful lifestyle because your sin will only result in separation from God. However, if you chose to believe in Jesus and obey His word - walking in right fellowship with God - you will be transformed as a result of right relationship.

Hopefully this helps you to understand how sin separates us from God and how right relationship with results in a transformed life.

Last edited:
J

Jullianna

Sosa, your metaphor about the closing door is appropriate in a way. Sin is the door that slams on us and separates us from God. God is holy. God is pure. God is love beyond our realm of understanding.

Like Adam and Eve, we were created to be in His loving presence. They walked with Him in the garden and we were to have been children who would do the same (see Genesis 3:16). When sin entered the world, we could no longer be in His presence without being destroyed:

EXODUS 33:
18 Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.”
</SPAN>19 And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”
21 Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”

Through the work of Christ, the veil that separates us from God was torn. God has done everything to restore us to Him. All we have to do is accept it, yet so many people would rather wallow in the vomit of sin and whine about how awful God is for “sending people to hell” when they are actually choosing to go…