whoes next on the list?,,,,

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
OK,,,we've established the fact that we don't like the Catholics,the Lutherans the Mormons,,,the Pentecostals,,,the 7da's,,,the baptist,,,,,Quakers,,, the,,,,ect.ect. ect,,,,,lets narrow it down to the apostles and then to Christ,,,,are we all in agreement that we all like Christ,,,,or should we attack him too and defend him????,,,, "i cast my vote,I'm for Christ",,,,and i think with love we can work out all the rest,,,,,,,,

konroh

Sep 17, 2013
From Acts we see the apostles planting many churches in many cities. Each church is going to be different with a different personality and different emphases on truth. Not every church will have all the truth, in fact, none will, but we should all be striving for that. Now add in 2000 years of church history where many generations have interacted with and in some cases distorted the truth. So we have a cauldron of different emphases, mind vs. emotion, contemporary vs. traditional, introspective vs. extroverted, Jesus comes in 1000 years, Jesus comes today, God's plan is personal, God's plan is communal, and yet the truth is bigger than all these. When one starts to interact with the different emphases, it doesn't diminish the brightness and clarity of the truth, in fact it establishes it. If we didn't have many denominations and many Christian pathways, we would have one church, a church that can become bureaucratic and corrupt, like we had with the Catholic church for 1000 years.

When one studies church history and the complexity of it all, it doesn't cause one to be depressed at how diverse we are, but rather to be impressed with how far we've come. It's amazing that the same book has been read for 2000 years and we're still getting more out of it. All truth is God's truth, and God's truth is amazing, complex and wonderful. It is also so easy a child could understand it. Jesus said, "He who believes in me has eternal life." Pretty simple.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
From Acts we see the apostles planting many churches in many cities. Each church is going to be different with a different personality and different emphases on truth. Not every church will have all the truth, in fact, none will, but we should all be striving for that. Now add in 2000 years of church history where many generations have interacted with and in some cases distorted the truth. So we have a cauldron of different emphases, mind vs. emotion, contemporary vs. traditional, introspective vs. extroverted, Jesus comes in 1000 years, Jesus comes today, God's plan is personal, God's plan is communal, and yet the truth is bigger than all these. When one starts to interact with the different emphases, it doesn't diminish the brightness and clarity of the truth, in fact it establishes it. If we didn't have many denominations and many Christian pathways, we would have one church, a church that can become bureaucratic and corrupt, like we had with the Catholic church for 1000 years.

When one studies church history and the complexity of it all, it doesn't cause one to be depressed at how diverse we are, but rather to be impressed with how far we've come. It's amazing that the same book has been read for 2000 years and we're still getting more out of it. All truth is God's truth, and God's truth is amazing, complex and wonderful. It is also so easy a child could understand it. Jesus said, "He who believes in me has eternal life." Pretty simple.

it is pretty simple i think,,,,we are all known by our works,,,,when i posted this thread there was about 280 guest watching us in thread after thread "derail one another",,,,day after day i see thread after thread attacking one or another christian denomination...."and we are known by the works we do",,,,and the whole world is watching us post it post after post,,,,,,,,,we are all very different as you say,,,,the only common thing we have one with the other is we all confess Jesus is come in the flesh,,,i cannot see us chopping our own selves into pieces in the first foxhole the devil sends his army too. what will the devil say of us,,,,"I HAVE NO WORK HERE TO DO,THEY HATE ONE ANOTHER,,,",,,

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
well,,,,whose next on the list?,,,,lets set a date we haven't attacked the "church of Christ" for a while lets all dig up a bunch of dirt on them and all meet together on nov. the 5th,,,well just all dig up as much dirt on them as we can and well start a thread on them on the 5th of nov. the one that finds the most dirt on them we will say looks real smart,,,sound like a plan?,,,,sounds like the same old plan to me,,,,,,,

J

John_S

OK,,,we've established the fact that we don't like the Catholics,the Lutherans the Mormons,,,the Pentecostals,,,the 7da's,,,the baptist,,,,,Quakers,,, the,,,,ect.ect. ect,,,,,lets narrow it down to the apostles and then to Christ,,,,are we all in agreement that we all like Christ,,,,or should we attack him too and defend him????,,,, "i cast my vote,I'm for Christ",,,,and i think with love we can work out all the rest,,,,,,,,
If you are REALLY for Christ
You will allow the person who punches you to punch you on the other cheek.
You will offer to walk a SECOND mile.
You will offer your shirt, when your coat has been taken
You will LOVE the Muslims, gays, atheists, women who get abortions, mentally handicapped, etc.
You will NOT use or own guns or any other kind of weapons
You will pray in private and NOT wave your arms around in public like the heathens do.

Are you REALLY for Christ or is that what you were taught to say?

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
All I can say is no Christian religion is 100% correct. What matters, truly, is if you have a relationship with Christ. That is why, on that day, He will say to some, "Depart from Me. I never knew you." It is about relationship, not religion. Know Him, know His word, keep your heart soft and your soul under His rule and obey Him. Live love and show the love of Christ in this world, be salt, be light. Everything else is distraction and noise.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
well see at the same time we could set the same date and instead of attacking another denomination we could,maybe just invite all of the different denominations together on the 5th of nov. ,,,,,and worship the same lord together,,,,,and those works would confess our faith,,,,just maybe,,,,,but it's a what we are doing thing verses what we are willing to do,,,,,,,,,,

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
well,i don't think we should be going from thread to thread derailing each other,,,,we should receive each other as brothers and sisters in Christ,,,but thats not what we are doing,,,if there's anything i can do to help us become closer let me know and I'll try my best to help,,,,,y'all love one another my friends,,,

May 15, 2013
Mark 9:38 “Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”39 “Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, 40 for whoever is not against us is for us.

John 7:23
Now if a boy can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the law of Moses may not be broken, why are you angry with me for healing a man’s whole body on the Sabbath?