Who's your favorite? Who do you relate to the most?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

psychomom

rash, impulsive, speak before you think Peter.

he was forgiven so much.
(like me :eek:)

Dec 12, 2013
rash, impulsive, speak before you think Peter.

he was forgiven so much.
(like me :eek:)
Yeah no doubt......not without his sins and short comings, yet the only other man to walk on water that we know of.....!

K

Kaycie

I identify with Joseph, how his family valued money and spite more than him, and we're willing to throw him away, caring not what would happen to him- if he would be beat, murdered, or whatever. He spent time in the pit and in prison, just like I was kidnapped and isolated in a basement for years. I worked harder than the other workers, doing well beyond what was asked of me. I solved problems in the workplace, I sold exceedingly more product than the other workers, and was promoted above the others. I forgave the harshest things anyone could be called to forgive.

I identify with Moses because he grew up with the one who would become Pharaoh, yet he had to choose to leave him forever in order to follow God. He heard the voice of God and had a personal relationship with Him. God is a stranger to many people, but I know God's personality, how He thinks and why He does what He does, by reading the bible. I can hear Him speak to my heart and to my conscience through the bible. I can live rich and live poor, and neither will effect my love for God. I own things, things don't own me. There were times when I literally had nothing but the clothes on my back.

I identify with Job because I suffered more than most, yet whether in blessing or in the harshest circumstances, even while evil is literally putting a pillow over my face to snuff out my life, my faith and trust in God remains, my love and respect for God remains, even in the face of death. I know, and have complete confidence that my life will not end until it is His will for that to happen. When doctors told me my son would be severely mentally and physically handicapped, and not live past a week, I didn't doubt that he would be ok. To this day I don't know why, it just didn't feel like it was God's will for him to die, just like it didn't feel like it was His will for me to die be suffer acted by a pillow. I don't know why, I came as close to death as is possible. My whole face was like a giant hiki because the suction of trying to get air sucked the blood to the surface of the skin, even the whites of my eyes were pure red. My eye prints, nose prints, and mouth prints were in blood on that pillow, yet my faith remained, 100%, that God was not going to let me die then.

I identify with Ruth because I felt like God's family, not my physical family, was my true family and where I belonged. And I was a harder worker than the others. When I got off work after a long hard day, I went and cleaned others' houses for free, shoveled their snow and mine, cut their hair, massaged their feet, and found time to play basketball with my son and his friends.

I identify with Mary because she was very humble.

And I identify with Eve because I know if it were me I also would have eaten from the tree. (We all sin, and we all would have, male or female). And because of my desire to have and please and Godly man who is the head of my household. It's not a desire that I want, but it is there all the same, even though there's nothing I can do about it, nor any way to put it to use. I just suffer with a desire to do something that I can't. Even as a child I wanted a male role model so bad I asked my teacher at school if he'd be my dad. As far back as I can remember I always wanted male authority, but never had any authority to please other than God.

And of of course I identify with Christ, every Christian should.

K

kennethcadwell

Apostle Paul is the one who I relate to, not only because I was like him before I gave myself to the Lord, but also because I was lead by the Holy Spirit to read, learn, and share to others the warnings about sin to believers as he gave.

I did not in the way of kill or beat other people including Christians as Paul did when he was known as the Pharisee Saul, which is why he called himself chief sinner among the Apostles. He did not call himself this because he continued to purposely sin, but because he believed he did worse things in his life then the other Apostles.

I did persecute others by how I treated them verbally and thought about them until God opened my eyes through His Spirit on how to love all people no matter what they have done. Now I have been charged to give the same sin warnings to believers that Paul gave to other believers in his epistles. Even the books to the Apostle Timothy he is constantly warning Timothy on how he can and can not act, showing that future sins are not automatically forgiven as Paul shows one's walk in the faith does matter !!!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Enoch..I've never been a biggie for biographies and his is short. Actually, his 'walking with God' has been a lifetime ambition.

Enoch walked with God, and he was not, for God took him.
(Gen 5:24)

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
I am a female David. Very musical, expressive, poetic, and my imagination visualizes as he did. I used to be impulsive as he was, but he always had a heart for God. I love to also name the Lord as "my shepherd, my refuge, my......." as David did.

I think that I would have loved to be a shepherdess in those days. I am drawn to still waters and green pastures too.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I am a female David. Very musical, expressive, poetic, and my imagination visualizes as he did. I used to be impulsive as he was, but he always had a heart for God. I love to also name the Lord as "my shepherd, my refuge, my......." as David did.

I think that I would have loved to be a shepherdess in those days. I am drawn to still waters and green pastures too.
...and I suppose you have a sling stuffed in your back pocket? :)

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
God led me to read Job first when I got saved. No clue why until I stumbled into the organized church. We were going through trying times and the church seemed to think we were doing something wrong.

J

JesusIsAll

Like some have already said, David comes to mind. In the Psalms is one of the Spirit, who clearly exists in a realm that knows night from day, one who calls a spade a spade, as the Lord Jesus did, and David fearless to stand his ground. David was not a people pleaser, neither the Lord. In any event, I read the Psalms and understand that man, who waited upon the Lord, with a glorious, single minded, stubborn purpose. I'm not saying I'm anything to stand even before David, don't compare myself so, rather, on a personal level, find much empathy with Balaam's ass. But, apart from the Lord Jesus, David I most understand and admire, have found great truth and comfort in his Psalms, in the most trying times. Would also add having a huge admiration for Paul, who also was single minded, unceasing and unstoppable, through all things.

Psalms 46:1-7 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early. The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

F

Faithful_Fay

Job is my current favorite. There is such beauty in his unwavering faith despite the circumstances. I always feel like I have so much to learn about turning to God when tragedy touches my life; about staying humble and confident in Him.

Utah

Banned
Dec 1, 2014
Joshua. Imagine trying to follow in Moses' footsteps and doing a good job of it.

J

JesusIsAll

Job is my current favorite. There is such beauty in his unwavering faith despite the circumstances. I always feel like I have so much to learn about turning to God when tragedy touches my life; about staying humble and confident in Him.
The thing about Job, and doesn't it just blow your mind to bits, is how the Lord, and only the Lord, had him pegged? After all Job went through, he was upright, did not curse God and die. Satan got a glorious snout full, and Job is the "poster child" for faith, trust in the Lord, at its ultimate test, with ultimate vindication by that faith. I've also found it a very important lesson, to fear God and not to lean on our own understanding, to believe and trust, when it's not easy.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
The thing about Job, and doesn't it just blow your mind to bits, is how the Lord, and only the Lord, had him pegged? After all Job went through, he was upright, did not curse God and die. Satan got a glorious snout full, and Job is the "poster child" for faith, trust in the Lord, at its ultimate test, with ultimate vindication by that faith. I've also found it a very important lesson, to fear God and not to lean on our own understanding, to believe and trust, when it's not easy.
The book of Job always scared me. Righteous Job had all those catastrophes happen. And his friends all made it worse trying to show Job that it was his actions and his wicked thoughts that must have caused his calamity.

It wasn't until the 3rd or 4th time reading Job that I started to see how he was even more blessed after the calamities than he was before.

David is probably my favorite followed closely by Elijah. Real believers in God. I like Peter and Paul too, of course...

But Gideon is probably the one I would relate to most. How he had no clue about God whatsoever and tested God at every step. But eventually comes around.

Gideon, you mighty man of valor. And Gideon is like "Who, me?" while hiding stuff trying to not be seen. There must be someone else named Gideon you are talking to...