Why are there so many Churches?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Can you explain your view more? I have a problem with pride and at times it blocks my love off from my fellow man.
Ask this what did God come to do, keep us alive in the flesh Spirit that we were originally born with by the womb?
Or are we all after flesh birth in need to be born again in the Spirit of God?

Pride is of the flesh and so is boasting of self and or others except Christ.
Paul was admonished in his flesh whenever he got to a point that he thought he had it all together, pride would be setting in.
So here are the verses that cover this:
[h=3]2 Corinthians 12:7-13[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

[SUP]7[/SUP]And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. [SUP]8 [/SUP]For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. [SUP]9 [/SUP]And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. [SUP]10[/SUP]Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. [SUP]11 [/SUP]I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing. [SUP]12 [/SUP]Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds. [SUP]13 [/SUP]For what is it wherein ye were inferior to other churches, except it be that I myself was not burdensome to you? forgive me this wrong.

Praying you catch what God is saying here to Paul, not to be what? Proud or boastful, rather humble and in need for God.
By praising and glorying in God, evil stands no chance.
Just as in the day of King Jehoshaphat, you won the war by not fighting, sent out the praise and worship band, the three armies that had come against King Jehoshaphat were confused and killed each other off, get it.
our weapons are not carnal

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
In some instances rejection KILLS me LOL
flesh hates rejection. so see this verse
Ephesians 1:6 to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Since you do believe God and are learning God's amazing Love, you are therefore accepted in God.
So knowing this truth, do you need any others to accept you?
I know I don't, so flesh is dead to me. being made alive in God's Spirit accepted by God through the cross.
Thanks for asking

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
The Video

1. The guy narrating the video is extremely condescending.
It isn't necessary, or productive, to be so condescending when talking to people.
It is, in fact, very insulting, and verifies your own sense of superiority.

2. They claim the modern denomination called the "Church of Christ" traces it's roots back to the 1st century, and this makes them unique, original, and superior to any other denomination.

A. It is impossible to trace their routes backs to the 1st century; that's why they state it as a fact, but give no historical evidence of it. THERE IS NO HISTORICAL EVIDENCE FOR IT. They can state it over and over, but they can't give any historical evidence. There isn't any.

B. The modern denomination called the "Church of Christ" came out of the "Restoration Movement" of the early 1800s.

3. The guy clearly states that water baptism saves you...
this is contrary to what most denominations believe is taught in the bible.

A. He states clearly, at least twice, that when you are baptized and go under the water, this is when you "come in contact" with the "blood of Christ", and this is the moment you are washed and saved from your sins.

B. The idea that water baptism saves you is an old "Cambellite" teaching, under Thomas Cambell. The modern "Church of Christ" denomination can be traced to take these teachings directly from Cambell.

I AM NOT HATING ON CHURCH OF CHRIST PEOPLE.
I am just discussing this video:
A. This is a really condescending and irritating video.
B. His history needs some fact checking.
C. His doctrine is highly debatable, and most Christians would disagree with it.

I disagree with lots of lovely Christian people who I love and respect.

God Bless
Max

J

johnj208

thank you homeward

gzusfrk

Aug 4, 2013
The short answer is because the Word of God is alive, and active.

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013
So this one or the first video hmm...

[video=youtube;_Iq_7JzCp18]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Iq_7JzCp18[/video]

N

Nancyer

Denominations, doctrines scare me, let man read the bible with the help of the Holy Spirit and understand it that way. Why do we need a human mediator to God. Let the WORD be the mediator.
I would be quite lost, trying to understand the Bible without the help of my pastor. My church just changed pastors, after 16 years, and while I loved and miss the one who moved on (was reassigned) I am enjoying the new pastor very much. Different style of preaching, teaching, and fellowshiping with us. And. are we not to fellowship with others? Spend time with others of our faith, to understand one another, to perhaps gain new or different insights?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I would be quite lost, trying to understand the Bible without the help of my pastor. My church just changed pastors, after 16 years, and while I loved and miss the one who moved on (was reassigned) I am enjoying the new pastor very much. Different style of preaching, teaching, and fellowshiping with us. And. are we not to fellowship with others? Spend time with others of our faith, to understand one another, to perhaps gain new or different insights?
Yet ultimately is it not God who does the correct teaching? so are we not to sift all we say, hear and do through our new hearts given to us by God through belief in Christ's finished work
[h=3]Hebrews 8:11-13[/h]New King James Version (NKJV)

[SUP]11 [/SUP]None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. [SUP]12 [/SUP]For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”
[SUP]13 [/SUP]In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

john832

May 31, 2013
[video=youtube;blYqM4HaWdw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blYqM4HaWdw[/video]
Rev 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
Rev 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
Rev 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

The great whore has harlot daughters.