Why can't I truly love God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
I know this is just another does God exist thread... So I apologize...

I just can't seem to accept the fact that I am not the most powerful being that exists... I have gone through moments that can only be explained as God... I have seen things that many say that 'it is from God'. Some days I have no doubt in my mind that there is a God and I love Him, cherish Him, and willing to serve Him.

But most days I laugh... It's almost like if there is a God he is holding my place of honor... I want/believe I can be greater or more... It feels like I am trapped (If that makes sense...).

When I think God exists a part of me says he doesn't. When I say He does not exist a part of me says He does. It's like I am stuck in the middle... Why can't there be a (curse word) clear sign either way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do I love to read of Jesus but can not seem to convince myself that He died for our sins... I want to believe so badly... But the more the world sees me the less I see God.

I came across a quote recently it says. "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson

It is almost like I am more scared of the existence of God then anything imaginable!

I guess what my real question is how do you truly accept God... I have tried every way it seems... And no matter what at some point I seem to slip away from those thoughts... I'm getting fed up with this ping ponging between He exists and He doesn't exist...

Jan 8, 2013
The quote from M. Williamson is a set up. It is New age Ecumenical church man is going to evolve into Gods queerbage. Your in trouble, you need to realize that your a sinner who deserves nothing but death and Hell. Get on your knees and beg the Lord Jesus to save you, and ask him to grant you repentance. You need to get saved!!!!!! You need the word of God. Stop all the New age Ecumenical Emergant queerbage, it will take you to Hell with M. Williamson and Rob Bell. Your being demonically attacked, you need to get saved!!!!!

K

kenisyes

Love is a choice. Not a feeling. If you weren't choosing to love God at least at some level, you would not have titled this as you did. You can commit all of yourself to Him, if you are willing to take that big a risk.

S

Share55

If you truly want to know God ask Him instead of fallible mankind. Tell Him you would like to know Him better on a personal level and ask Him to be your guide.
Mankind is inherently fallible, God is infallible.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I know this is just another does God exist thread... So I apologize...

I just can't seem to accept the fact that I am not the most powerful being that exists... I have gone through moments that can only be explained as God... I have seen things that many say that 'it is from God'. Some days I have no doubt in my mind that there is a God and I love Him, cherish Him, and willing to serve Him.

But most days I laugh... It's almost like if there is a God he is holding my place of honor... I want/believe I can be greater or more... It feels like I am trapped (If that makes sense...).

When I think God exists a part of me says he doesn't. When I say He does not exist a part of me says He does. It's like I am stuck in the middle... Why can't there be a (curse word) clear sign either way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do I love to read of Jesus but can not seem to convince myself that He died for our sins... I want to believe so badly... But the more the world sees me the less I see God.

I came across a quote recently it says. "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson

It is almost like I am more scared of the existence of God then anything imaginable!

I guess what my real question is how do you truly accept God... I have tried every way it seems... And no matter what at some point I seem to slip away from those thoughts... I'm getting fed up with this ping ponging between He exists and He doesn't exist...
The battle you are going through and is not uncommon to man
Galatians 5:17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.

Now, or so decide whom you are going to serve your flesh Spirit or God's Spirit and if you do decide God, then God will show you about dying to flesh Spirit daily and being alive to God daily.

G

graceword

It's probably a common feeling. My firm believe is that God's word deals with a lot of issues. Instead of looking for answers in inspiration books, read the Scripture. Men sometimes speak from their own hearts and though they have a desire to serve God, they ignore the Holy Spirit.

Reading the Word yourself is important. Psalms 18:30 states that "the word of the Lord is flawless "

On the issue of faith, faith is not belief. Faith is more than that and it comes from God.
Romans 10:17 "faith comes from hearing and hearing the word of God"

Also Ephesians 5:26 talks about the church "to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word"

Finally, Psalms 119:130 "the unfolding of your words gives light ; it gives understanding to the simple. "

Just read the Word itself without first relying on people's interpretation.
If you need to talk just let me know.

J

Johndale

Young man God is Love and he loves you very much and we have to TRUST in the Lord that is sometimes hard to do. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. God loved you and sent his only Son, that whoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life. I would encourage you in your daily walk to have FAITH easier said than done sometimes. As I have learned to take one day at a time and one moment at a time and God's grace and love will be sufficient for thee. It is important to keep HOPE for whatever, you are going through. PRAY daily and seek God's wisdom. I would encourage you to read a couple of chapter's in Psalms and Proverbs daily they have been a calming presence for me. Love God with all your heart all your soul and all your minds. He will never fail you remember TRUST, FAITH, HOPE and PRAY daily. I will say a prayer for you and remember God loves you so much. Have a blessed week.