Why dealing with an atheist is futile.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 2, 2016
Do you make an atheist feel good?
I certainly don't go around making enemies.

One who loves a pure heart and who speaks with grace will have the king for a friend.

R

RobbyEarl

One who loves a pure heart and who speaks with grace will have the king for a friend.
Well Jesus sure made the Pharisee's mad. If we are not making people mad then somethings wrong. But, if you look at the political world, we are making people mad and they want to destroy us. But, we can't give in we must preach the word even if they kill us.

Mar 2, 2016
Well Jesus sure made the Pharisee's mad. If we are not making people mad then somethings wrong. But, if you look at the political world, we are making people mad and they want to destroy us. But, we can't give in we must preach the word even if they kill us.

Some people are made to be preachers...I don't dispute that. Not everyone is the same and our personalities are geared to a different skill set. Lumping everyone into one persons notion of how everything should be done is dangerous.

R

RobbyEarl

Some people are made to be preachers...I don't dispute that. Not everyone is the same and our personalities are geared to a different skill set. Lumping everyone into one persons notion of how everything should be done is dangerous.
How can we be a house divided? If our lay men do not preach what the preacher preaches, then how can we stand? If the church stands against something that the word of God stands against, but have some that say it's okay, then how can we stand. If we are divided, then we might as well carve a tree and burn incense to it. I guess I'm being hard and too strong, I can't help it. You can win some with love, but others will reject and push evil no matter what, We love those who reject God, but we must take a stand, Yes Jesus said to give the other cheek, but he also said the gates if hell will not prevail. Jesus is coming back to kill and destroy those who do not trust in Him and rule with a rod of Iron. He is the Lamb, but is also the Lion. This love message is wrong but yet right, but God will send people to hell although He loves them.

Apr 22, 2016

The word is just plain offensive to those who are perishing.

[h=1]Hebrews 4:12[/h] [SUP]12 [/SUP]For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

You can speak the truth as gently as a dove but the truth in the matter is that it isnt you that offends but it is the TRUTH. God only asks that you speak it forth. He didnt say some of us. God made a blanket statement to all who are in the body of Christ.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]150,000 people will die today. The vast majority of those people are entering Hell. Christ commanded his followers to share the Gospel with those who are perishing... who have you shared with today?[/FONT]

Born_Again

Nov 15, 2014
The word is just plain offensive to those who are perishing.

Hebrews 4:12

[SUP]12 [/SUP]For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

You can speak the truth as gently as a dove but the truth in the matter is that it isnt you that offends but it is the TRUTH. God only asks that you speak it forth. He didnt say some of us. God made a blanket statement to all who are in the body of Christ.

150,000 people will die today. The vast majority of those people are entering Hell. Christ commanded his followers to share the Gospel with those who are perishing... who have you shared with today?
An atheist would then say, "There is no truth". Before you spout "truth" to an atheist, you may want to study up on apologetics first. You can combat this, but you need to know how.

Mar 2, 2016
How can we be a house divided? If our lay men do not preach what the preacher preaches, then how can we stand? If the church stands against something that the word of God stands against, but have some that say it's okay, then how can we stand. If we are divided, then we might as well carve a tree and burn incense to it. I guess I'm being hard and too strong, I can't help it. You can win some with love, but others will reject and push evil no matter what, We love those who reject God, but we must take a stand, Yes Jesus said to give the other cheek, but he also said the gates if hell will not prevail. Jesus is coming back to kill and destroy those who do not trust in Him and rule with a rod of Iron. He is the Lamb, but is also the Lion. This love message is wrong but yet right, but God will send people to hell although He loves them.
So are you asking me to be like you. I have to live and operate in a community of people and if I am making people mad and uncomfortable all the time I will soon find myself homeless and without a job or the trust of people. That would be foolish of me.

R

RobbyEarl

So are you asking me to be like you. I have to live and operate in a community of people and if I am making people mad and uncomfortable all the time I will soon find myself homeless and without a job or the trust of people. That would be foolish of me.
Dude, you do what you have to but if it means compromising Gods word. I can give this , the three Hebrew children said we will burn and not bow. I wish some governors had that faith.

Apr 22, 2016
What good is light if it is hidden under a bushel? Dont you think God will make a way for you? God reigns over your whole life not just some of it doesnt he?

Apr 22, 2016
An atheist would then say, "There is no truth". Before you spout "truth" to an atheist, you may want to study up on apologetics first. You can combat this, but you need to know how.
How do you know I dont?

Mar 2, 2016
Dude, you do what you have to but if it means compromising Gods word. I can give this , the three Hebrew children said we will burn and not bow. I wish some governors had that faith.
Im certainly not gonna stand in your way of jumping to conclusions about me.

Apr 22, 2016
Jesus said the world first hated him and the world is going to hate us too.
What does righteousness have to do with righteousness?

E

Eva1218

GOD Commissioned us to go throughout the world proclaiming The Good News to all. We are to be ready in season and out and not worry on what to speak for HOLY SPIRIT will give us what to speak. We are to just plant and water GOD adds the increase so never argue just share be a willing vessel for the Kingdom of GOD. Never look for results in that moment always expect GOD is Working! HIS WORD will not return to HIM void. Not all will accept not all will understand and yet all will have heard there is but One GOD and we all need a SAVIOR.

Blessings!!!!!!!

Feb 21, 2012
Dealing with an atheist is always an exercise in futility. First off bear in mind that you were talking to someone who believes he is intellectually superior to you and that he is just dealing with a stupid Christian. As Christians we base our beliefs on our Bible but when talking to someone who doesn't believe the Bible then you may as well be reading from a book about Bugs Bunny so this immediately becomes a moot point. Then they will ask you questions like why does God not do this or why does God do that. There are no correct answers to these questions as they will always have another irrelevant question loaded and ready to go. Finally they will always fall back on the indoctrination argument, claiming that we are only speaking from indoctrination. This is why our time is too precious to waste it on those who don't want to hear it.
This is normally true. But I have seen exceptions to the rule. I have seen some atheists be completely respectful and open minded to hearing what I had to say. Afterwards, they said thank you and said I seem to really know what I am talking about. So in my opinion it would be wise when dealing with an atheist to give them a chance until they prove that you are just casting pearls before swine.

And to be brutally honest. I have seen some christians try to debate atheists and the christian or christians end up makeing themselves look like numbskull idiots. So I can see why some atheists view christians as stupid. My advice to any christian that wants to minister to atheists is study up, prepare yourself, and when you don't have an answer to something just admit that you don't know. Too many christians want to argue with stupidity and non sense because they just have to win the debate at all costs. No, just admit you don't know something. Go back do your research, then come to him or her with an answer later.