why do Christian put down other Christains?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dashadow

"Chastise" isn't really the appropriate word to have used. By definition, I'm not sure "chastise" and "calmly" should be used together. Sorry! My OCD is getting the best of me this morning. :)

A

Ariel82

I just go stomping around. most people know to move their eggshells.....

seriously though, I think if we all practice forgiveness as God told us to: forgiving everyone one every day and not letting the sun set on your anger. it will all work out and we as a community can grow and learn from each other.

however if people hold grudges, then the roots of bitterness will eat away at their peace and joy and love.

B

bigmancap

let the one who is without sin cast the first stone. No one is perfect and everyone has something they need to work on. and as Jesus said on the cross, Forgive them Father for they not know what they do. Amen

Oct 31, 2011
There is a big difference between saying something like "don't say that about our Father" and "you are a demon".

I think most of us who are brothers and sisters in the Lord know that when a poster condemns other people they are not speaking as fellow children of God and so Christian posters simply ignore them. I do. My concern is that many use cc to learn about God. I like to see them taught that those in Christ are family together. We work together to understand, but we work together.

Some people decide a denomination or an ism is wrong. Then, instead of checking a truth with scripture they check to see if this "wrong" ism believes it and condemns a truth based on that, not on God's word.

There was a popular book not too long ago called "The Games People Play". One of the games was called 'Ain't it Awful". The object of the game was to say look how much better I am than the people who......and the game was played by pointing out how awful it was what others did.

K

Kate913

I think we have to be careful to say that we have to get to know someone before we could possibly be used to rebuke them. Christ did not get know people first. And we are to have the mind of christ. It is Him who makes judgements through us. I agree about praying first, but i hear all to often that we must gain ones confidence before we can be used to encourage and rebuke someone, but this is not in scripture.
Sincerely in Christ,
Kate

K

Kate913

A brother can go to another rightly, in the lord and still be harsh though. This verse is more about contraversy, but Paul speaks in the new testament to one of the churches and says that he prays that he may not have to be harsh and come with a whip,excersising his authority over them in the lord. He had told them twice about the things they were doing wrong and when someone is stubborn in thing sometimes the lord has men,like paul be harsh. I really think we all must be careful with threads like this because maybe someone on here has recenntly been rebuked, and a thread like this could easily make them feel justified and ignore what God is trying too show them. We must carefu and like anything be led of the lord in what we say.
With Christs love,
Kate

R

richie_2uk

Because this is a Christian website. It don't specify what type of Christian people has to be to join this community. I'm not having a dig at the Site holder or Admin. But I'm sure his intentions is to bring people together as a Christian community together to find peace and harmony of different religions, faiths, or other belief's. But all get on with each other regarding having different beliefs. Yes many people are some what judgemental, and are straight out to tell the next person you are in the wrong. or tell the person that his or her religion beliefs are wrong. But we all believe in God, we believe there is a God. no matter what type of god people believe in, its all about personal friendship in this Christian community is what the admin is aiming at. In hope that judgement, pointing the finger, who is right, who is wrong, is put to the side for a moment, and see people as they are. to learn, get to know, and even make great friendship. and without sounding that I am making a judgemental remark, In which I'm not, Many Christians, put other Christians down, simply because they think they are in the right. and I have seen a lot of that on cc. But in situations like that. all we can do, rather going to there level and answering back at them, just pray for them. and pray that God will show there errors. But I do feel sad at times that there is a level that is growing on cc. that many people who claim to be Christian and are turning people away from each other, putting the spanner in the works sort to say. But again, prayer is the issue, and yes it has to be the first. Just don't get caught up in there ways and fall for there level of thinking. God bless, Sorry for the long type..

K

Kate913

I find too that many of the times christians will rebuke or try to speak into another brother or sister's life in possibly a harsh or judgmental way because they in fact do not commune with these people. They are not like many of the early christians who all lived,ate & worked together,therefore it would make more sense & be expected to speak into the life of someone. Not to say that people back then still didn't fall into judging someone ...we all know about the speck in your brothers eye,but there's a plank in our own. Which is why it's so important that before we speak to that person,we should 1st pray,for ourselves,then them...then see if God is leading you to speak into that persons life. He may tell you to mind yer' own business,I got this covered!
The message three posts above this one was supposed to have this quote. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kate913

I find too that many of the times christians will rebuke or try to speak into another brother or sister's life in possibly a harsh or judgmental way because they in fact do not commune with these people.

Amen Brother
Proverbs 15:1
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

The post four posts above this one was intended have this quote...sorry again. I'm on my cell :)

7seven7

And what chance is there that non-Christians will be inspired by Christians who judge other Christians to be non-Christian?
lol I had to read that a couple of times

R

Relena7

Because no matter their background, religion, race, upbringing, part of the world, money status, etc. No group of human beings is immune to having those who act like jerks. Christianity included.

M

MrsAsghar

Yes we may still be human but as Christians there should be some kind of a difference between us and the world. I have seen this many times and even left a couple Christian sites due to not even seeing the love of God in how any of the "Christians" seemed to treat one another. And I have seen it on here occasionally as well. When I was on here once before I wanted to stop commenting or writing threads, seemed like one or two of the same people, no matter what, had to be mean, condescending and rude and always make nasty comments or say the complete opposite as I did. It was as if they lived to destroy threads and hurt people. To be controlling and to make others lives miserable and to put others down. THAT IS NOT BEING A CHRISTIAN!

There is a big difference between talking to another and maybe coming across as disagreeing and misunderstanding what another is trying to say, and a person out right being nasty, vicious and rude. Christians calling other Christians names and tearing each other down is just not right. We are called to love one another and build each other up, not tear each other down. And I see this more and more in Christianity than ever before, there is way too many harsh and negative words being used with one another.

We are to be supportive and encouraging and I believe we can still do so even when we have something painful to share with another fellow Christian. It is called sensitivity. Bullying and calling someone names or putting another down because they disagree is not how Christ wants us to be with each other. How would we feel if Jesus treated us in this fashion?

Sadly in the world today, and including a lot of Christians as well...too many are not happy with themselves, so it is easier for them to put others down and make fun and bully another, just to feel better about themselves. Some people thrive on keeping things worked up and cannot live without strife in their life. It makes them feel good when they can put someone else down. Which is very sad. That is not how God wants us to be. We always need to remember to live by the Golden Rule...treat others the way you would like others to treat you. :)

This is why I come onto Christian sites, to find hope, fellowship, support and encouragement, if I wanted to be belittled, bullied and put down, then I would just step outside and let the world have at me. Again...as a Christian we are to be set apart from the world, the world is to be able to tell that we are different and not of it. Just because one calls themselves Christian, doesn't make them one, there is a lot more to it than that. Your character, attitude, actions and words all speak volumes. When one is harsh and puts others down or makes fun of them, you are ruining your testimony for Christ.

We can agree to disagree but with a loving and kind, caring heart.

God bless :)

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
one word....insecurity
Yeah, I think I'll go with that answer.

It's fine to disagree, and discuss doctrine, and even to debate it respectfully.
But often Christians who completely agree with you doctrinally will just pound you
over some little thing.

The worst thing... God doesn't give us the option of loving everyone "except them".

: )