Why Do Christians Think God is Walt Disney?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is God Really Walt Disney?

• God is going to give me the desires of my heart. I'm sure all my desires are God's will.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some of my desires may not be God's will, but I've been good enough that He's going to give them to

• I serve God faithfully--of course He's going to give me what I ask for!

• God is going to give me someone who is everything I asked for and I will accept nothing less!

• Other Christians may suffer, but God is going to make my marriage the exception!

• Trials and suffering may happen for others, but God is surely going to pass over me and give me only

• God's best for me means giving me what I want!!

• I know that God's idea of the best might be very different from mine.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • I can accept God's will even if it's not my own.

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • I could accept that God may have someone totally different in mind for me than what I've "picked out

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • I'm going to be the exception... I'm going to get my Christian Fairytale.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I accept that life will have hard times, but know God will get me through them.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • It's totally realistic to expect God to give you what you want.

• God rarely gives people exactly what they want.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don't expect God to give me what I want/ask for but I ask anyway.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don't ask God for anything.

• Other people may get divorced, but I won't because (tell us in your post).

• I see the trouble other people have in their marriages but I'm going to be an exception because (tel

• Other people just don't work hard enough at marriage. I'm going to get it right!

• God is going to send me the right person and we are going to live happily ever after.

• If God sends you the right person, you will always be happy and never divorce.

• God wants me to be happy so He'll surely give me what I want.

• God's will for me could mean I don't wind up happy.

• Yes! God really is Walt Disney! My marriage is going to be so happy, you can start writing the movie

• Snap Crackle Pop--I have something to say in my post.

• Total voters
T

Timofree

I guess sometimes our idea of the best for us, doesn't look the same as God's best for us. So God in His wisdom doesn't do everything as we ask.

Although I don't live in a constant state of fulness of joy, I do know God lives inside of me, and in His presence is fulness of joy. So I look forward to my soul and mind being renewed and catching up to my spirit, which is one with God!

And the fruits of the Spirit aren't dependent on circumstances, so no matter how bad things are around us we can know that peace, joy, love etc.

I haven't been persecuted phisically, and this world is messed up i so many ways, but I know His grace is sufficient in all circumstances. It hasn't always seemed like it, but that's been down to me rather than Him. God is gooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
I have nothing to add, but had a strange obligation to vote for "Snap Crackle Pop". ;)

And then, of course I needed to say something in a post, or else be made a liar. So here I am.

Dec 26, 2012
So what did Jesus say? Jesus never said are lives would be a rose garden, often times He said something quite different,

Matthew 5

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.

5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 10

16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17 Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

21 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

24 “The student is not above the teacher, nor a servant above his master. 25 It is enough for students to be like their teachers, and servants like their masters. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household!

26 “So do not be afraid of them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 27 What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. 28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[c]

37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

Matthew 16

24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life[f] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

We are not promised a rose garden in this life,what we are promised in this life is that He would be with us and never leave us.

Dec 5, 2012
The way I see it people change scripture, and not let scripture change them. (I am talking about the radicals not all the people)

Dec 26, 2012
I think part of it goes by what we define as needs as opposed to what God sees as our needs. God never promised He would give us our wants.

M

meggars

Ugh. Joel Osteen. This guys has fake all over his cheesy smile. "Buy my book: my teeth need to be whiter and I gotta pay for my plastic surgery. The bigger they can make my smile, the happier I look and the more books I will sell about how people can be as happy as I am". And really, who poses like that?! ugh.

Yes, I just judged a book by its cover...literally.

bahaha....I work in a bookstore...judging them by their covers is all I do all day