Why does God want us to focus on today instead of tomorrow?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

Matthew 6
[SUP]34 [/SUP]Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

???

G

GreenNnice

There is enough that God has for us in the here and now,, and, He has the 'later' under control if we follow Him 'there,' by staying where He has us here now :)

hi anariiel :)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The context is not to worry or fret about the future.
Making plans is fine as long as it is attended with "If the Lord wills".

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
The context is not to worry or fret about the future.
Making plans is fine as long as it is attended with "If the Lord wills".
I agree.

Yaaqob 4:13-17, "Come now, you who say: Today or tomorrow, we will go to such and such a city, and remain a year there to buy and sell, and make a profit. Yet you do not know what tomorrow may bring. For what is your life? Is it not a vapor that appears for a little while, and then vanishes away? Instead, you ought to say: If it is Yahweh's will, and we are alive, we will do this or that. As it is, you are arrogant in your boasting; All such boasting is evil. Therefore, to anyone who knows how to act righteously, but does not do it, it is sin."

Jul 25, 2013
Matthew 6
[SUP]34 [/SUP]Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

???
Seems to me the Lord is saying use your choice wisely, as the choice to have food for your belly is already a given, by our Loving Father, but the other choice of food for the soul is the way to go. You may not be around in the flesh tomorrow to eat that food you were so worried about, but you will surely be around for the judgement of your soul.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
If you constantly put things off till tomorrow then you will never get things done... I am basing this off of what I have read in proverbs...