Why is it so hard...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Talia_Pana

Hello everyone, my name is Talia i live in Honduras.
I'm 14 years old and i understand things without confusion.
But around November of last year 2009 i back slid...
I've done so many horrible things, and now im left to wonder if ill ever get enough courage to give my heart to the Lord once more.
Will i be able to handle it? Who will be there besides God to help me? It's too hard for me right now, so I came here to ask for help.

Please give me the very best advice you have to give.

C

Cako53

Don't put your trust in yourself or in other humans. You will only be let down. I can tell you that from personally experiance. Trust in God.

M

madona

read in the bible and pray alot for God ,that will defenently helps u

A

AmyLynn93

I think you've made a good first step. You realize the situation, you want Jesus back, and you're seeking help of fellow Christians. Those are three very good things.
You've reached that point where the true meaning of grace is found. This is that point where you come down to nothing, and it seems impossible to get back up again. That point where hope and optimism becomes a thing of the past. :/ But it is when our heads are hung in shame, our hearts are full of guilt... it's those times when we need Jesus the most.
Whatever it is you've done, no matter what it was... people have already been forgiven for those things. Even more people have been forgiven for even worse things, I'm sure. We are all sinners, and it is for that reason Jesus died. In the Bible, it says "He who is forgiven little, will love little. But he who is forgiven much, will love much." If a person sins a little here, a little there... he won't be as appreciative and thankful to Jesus as the person who's been forgiven of a mountain of sin.
Look at Paul, or the adulteress, or even the people who were crucifying Jesus, but yet He was asking the Father to forgive them. That is true love. The Bible also says that once you are saved, nothing can pluck you from His hand. You may run off and get lost sometimes, but God still waits and worries for you.

Praying for you. :)

-Amy-

R

Ralph

I've done so many horrible things, and now im left to wonder if ill ever get enough courage to give my heart to the Lord once more.
Will i be able to handle it? Who will be there besides God to help me? It's too hard for me right now, so I came here to ask for help.

Talia, i have been a Christian for a couple of years now, and let me tell you it is not an easy walk. I have fallen countless of times but praise God i have risen up again with his help and keep growing stronger. I would really take into consideration what Cako and Madona said.

Don't put your trust in yourself or in other humans. You will only be let down. I can tell you that from personally experiance. Trust in God.

read in the bible and pray alot for God ,that will defenently helps u

I have been struggling for years and praying to God to send me a mentor, someone that would help me grow more in God and teach me... but i have learned that Holy Spirit is our mentor and our teacher.. We should not depend on anyone else but the Lord, He is your Strength.

S

sportygirl

Backsliding happens, to ALL of us. I had my most recent issue with that, but if you allow it it can just draw you closer to God. As humans we want what we think we need, not what good knows we need., making it easy to go after those things and in the end stumble. THere were be people there to support you whether on here or where your from, and giving God your heart does take courage, but he also already knows what you've done and just simply wants you to tell him so that you can be all his again. And the answer to will you be able to handle it is YES, if God is on your side you can't loose.

H

hapi-gurl

Hi Talia. I'm glad that you've seen your mistake and that you realise your need for redemption. One thing that most of us as young christians fail to understand is that our heavenly father is not like man,who will cast you aside when you 'break the rules'. He lifts us up when we have fallen. In Acts 2:21, God's word tells us that 'Whoever calls out to the name of the Lord will be saved'. Call on His name and seek for an accountability partner,i.e a person to whom you can entrust your fears as a christian and who can be your friend who'll guide you because it might be hard to find your way alone. Know that God loves you regardless of what you've done and all you need to do is run back to Him and He will enfold you in His loving arms like the true Father He is.Pray to Him for guidance and read His word,for it is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path.

D

daniella

Hi talia
glad that you have turned to GOD again.read his Words,and it does help...............