Why is it the later you stay up, the more depressed you feel?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

Imperfect

i dont know, maybe its just me. but i have no answer for this. it happens every time. never fails.

T

Tintin

Well, the body needs a good amount of rest. Maybe that has something to do with it. That said, I don't feel depressed the later I stay up. I just feel more tired the next day.

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
actually. im nocturnal. I am my best between 10/11pm till about 3am. I sleep best when the sun is up and cant sleep if the sun is down. if I am awake (like in the afternoon) when the sun is still up I aint worth a crap, tired, groggy, and a bit on the mean side until about 1 hr after sunset.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Why is it the later you stay up, the more depressed you feel?
Not so with myself, I find that the time I go to bed at does not matter, it is the amount of sleep that I get that counts, so if I go to bed at say 3am and up at 10am and get 7 hours of sleep I am fine the next day...

But everyone's sleep needs are different, so find out what works for you and run with it...

I

Imperfect

actually. im nocturnal. I am my best between 10/11pm till about 3am. I sleep best when the sun is up and cant sleep if the sun is down. if I am awake (like in the afternoon) when the sun is still up I aint worth a crap, tired, groggy, and a bit on the mean side until about 1 hr after sunset.
i suspect you may be a vampire..

until further notice, the jury is out on you.

May 9, 2012
I become more functional between 8:30-11 at night. From 11:30 PM-7 AM, I'm not the friendliest person to be around.

Oct 31, 2011
The people I know who work best at night are people whose work is at their desks.

Scripture uses the physical to express the spiritual. Light and day represents Godly things, night and darkness usually expresses evil. I think there can be a connection between the physical and spiritual.

1Th_5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th_5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Well, the body needs a good amount of rest. Maybe that has something to do with it. That said, I don't feel depressed the later I stay up. I just feel more tired the next day.
........now that's depressing..........sigh.......

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I become more functional between 8:30-11 at night. From 11:30 PM-7 AM, I'm not the friendliest person to be around.
uh, well, most unconscious people aren't are they?...........

(he he, he he.......)

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
I don't get depressed at night at all.... that's usually the only quiet time I find in my house where someone isn't calling me to come look at something or clean something or whatever.

I

Imperfect

I don't get depressed at night at all.... that's usually the only quiet time I find in my house where someone isn't calling me to come look at something or clean something or whatever.
yea the night is peaceful, but when i say late, i mean, like when it starts getting around 330-4 oclock.

but what ive noticed over time is that when it gets late, its like your spirit becomes deeper and the HG seems to work better and clearer.. it can be a great time of learning.

and when you feel depressed, the remedy to fix this emotion is praising God. the instant you praise God, your mood changes. it works every time.

T

Tintin

yea the night is peaceful, but when i say late, i mean, like when it starts getting around 330-4 oclock.

but what ive noticed over time is that when it gets late, its like your spirit becomes deeper and the HG seems to work better and clearer.. it can be a great time of learning.

and when you feel depressed, the remedy to fix this emotion is praising God. the instant you praise God, your mood changes. it works every time.
HG? Hunger Games? Oh, Holy Ghost. Be careful though, as your body and mind tire, the Enemy also finds it easier to gain a foothold.