Why is the "Jezebel spirit" concept mostly in Charismatic, Pentecostal, WOF circles?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Re: Why is the "Jezebel spirit" concept mostly in Charismatic, Pentecostal, WOF circl

in the books of king queen jezebel
Ahab Becomes King of Israel
  29In the thirty-eighth year of Asa king of Judah, Ahab son of Omri became king of Israel, and he reigned in Samaria over Israel twenty-two years. 30Ahab son of Omri did more evil in the eyes of the LORD than any of those before him. 31He not only considered it trivial to commit the sins of Jeroboam son of Nebat, but he also married Jezebel daughter of Ethbaal king of the Sidonians, and began to serve Baal and worship him. 32He set up an altar for Baal in the temple of Baal that he built in Samaria. 33Ahab also made an Asherah pole and did more to arouse the anger of the LORD, the God of Israel, than did all the kings of Israel before him. 34In Ahab’s time, Hiel of Bethel rebuilt Jericho. He laid its foundations at the cost of his firstborn son Abiram, and he set up its gates at the cost of his youngest son Segub, in accordance with the word of the LORD spoken by Joshua son of Nun. 1
He set up an altar for Baal in the temple of Baal that he built in Samaria.
3.Ahab also made an Asherah pole and did more to arouse the anger of the LORD, the God of Israel, than did all the kings before him.
40Then Elijah commanded them, "Seize the prophets of Baal. Don’t let anyone get away!" They seized them, and Elijah had them brought down to the Kishon Valley and slaughtered there.
1Now Ahab told Jezebel everything Elijah had done and how he had killed all the prophets with the sword. 2So Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah to say, "May the gods deal with me, be it ever so severely, if by this time tomorrow I do not make your life like that of one of them."
point.
May the gods deal with me,(gods , when there is only one god.)

Naboth’s Vineyard
7Jezebel his wife said, "Is this how you act as king over Israel? Get up and eat! Cheer up. I’ll get you the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite." 8So she wrote letters in Ahab’s name, placed his seal on them, and sent them to the elders and nobles who lived in Naboth’s city with him. 9In those letters she wrote:
1.I’ll get you the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite." (STRANGE WAY. DEATH BY LIAR) , when she could have got the two scoundrels to give him a kicking, and tell him to give the field to ahab.
2.So she wrote letters in Ahab’s name, placed his seal on them,(it was not her, name, or her seal)
3.and sent them to the elders and nobles who lived in Naboth’s city.(sent to people of standing , the point is towards the jewish law, ware death sentence could be given) so that the crime would not have been done with her/or there, hand or hands.

11So the elders and nobles who lived in Naboth’s city did as Jezebel directed in the letters she had written to them. 12They proclaimed a fast and seated Naboth in a prominent place among the people. 13Then two scoundrels came and sat opposite him and brought charges against Naboth before the people, saying, "Naboth has cursed both God and the king." So they took him outside the city and stoned him to death. 14Then they sent word to Jezebel: "Naboth has been stoned to death."
1.So the elders and nobles who lived in Naboth’s city did as Jezebel directed in the letters she had written to them.(THE NAME ON THE LETTER DID NOT HAVE HER NAME OR SEAL.) yet, the elder and nobles were still willing to kill an inocent man.(IN AHABS NAME).
but in my huble opinion, it was more likly give to be one,or two noble man or elder, given the sting needed two scoundrels then, the rest would fall in to place. when all the people heard the charge.
2.two scoundrels came and sat opposite him and brought charges against Naboth before the people, saying, "Naboth has cursed both God and the king.
3.the charge.Naboth has cursed both God and the king.
15As soon as Jezebel heard that Naboth had been stoned to death, she said to Ahab, "Get up and take possession of the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite that he refused to sell you. He is no longer alive, but dead." 16When Ahab heard that Naboth was dead, he got up and went down to take possession of Naboth’s vineyard.
point
1.He is no longer alive, but dead."(if ahab knew, what was wrote in the letters, he would have already knew that he was dead.)
17Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah the Tishbite: 18"Go down to meet Ahab king of Israel, who rules in Samaria. He is now in Naboth’s vineyard, where he has gone to take possession of it. 19Say to him, ‘This is what the LORD says: Have you not murdered a man and seized his property?’ Then say to him, ‘This is what the LORD says: In the place where dogs licked up Naboth’s blood, dogs will lick up your blood—yes, yours!’ " 20Ahab said to Elijah, "So you have found me, my enemy!"
point
1. Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah the Tishbite: 18"Go down to meet Ahab king of Israel, who rules in Samaria. He is now in Naboth’s vineyard, where he has gone to take possession of it. (god sent elijah to ahab, not to jezebel.)
2.Ahab said to Elijah, "So you have found me, my enemy!"

conclution. my enemy!"
the jezebel spirt is a human either sex. (that will use anyones power to act against the human or humans. church,police,politic, friends.etc) power or authority, lies , poisen, letters, phone calls etc to an other human/humans, name or creed or deeds. so that other may also look apon that other human/humans with contempt. ALL IN THE NAME OF MY ENEMY, SO EVERYONE ELSE WILL BE YOUR ENEMY.

what a cool FONT!:)

G

GreenNnice

Re: Why is the "Jezebel spirit" concept mostly in Charismatic, Pentecostal, WOF circl

UMMM The original question was about a BELIEVER BEING possessed by a demon. A false prophet is an UNBELIEVER.

Where in that passage does John tell us to rebuke a demon? John tells us to test so that we can recognize the Spirit of God. John then tells us we have ALREADY overcome them because the ONE WHO IS IN US IS GREATER then he who is in the world. He then goes on to say the world will listen to them because they are of the world,but not once in that passage are we told to rebuke a demon.
Jesus cast out demons. He gives us that authority too, that is from His Father in Heaven, no ? ' you, too, can cast out demons :)

I don't want to re-hash this with you, because it's just a crazy argument, sarasara--of doctrine--and, why be divisive with each other, we are with the same foundation in Christ, but, I do believe, exactly what I said, and, it's crazy, in MY opinion, that people can dismiss people out in the WORLD that have been prayed over 'in the name of Jesus' and a demon/evil spirit has been loosed from them. Of course, there is NO power in us, it's all His power, working THROUGH us, milady . :)

So, is that a good thing, you think. When a lady is caught up in sexual sin and she just can't shake it, and, there is a reason why that is a DEMON inside , then , don't you think Jesus can bring GLORY to Himself by our casting out that demon. People actually get excorcised of demons, sarasara, it's true, unless it's just a bunch of crazy people saying that 'I was in a demon-possessed state and someone prayed "in the name of Jesus" over me and I was FREEEED !!! "

Are they lying, sarasara, or, are the 1000s of people who CLAIM this same release or vindication telling the truth :)
And, anyway, the Lord leads, you believe what you want and I know your faith is in Him, I do not question that, so, don't think I am doing that, I speak in Love to you always,. milady, like I do ALL miladies on c.c. :)

Aug 15, 2009

Can you be so sure about that? Have you read every single thread and comment in here? Have you read every single email? And I have seen where some who have claimed to be innocent have actually been the ones who started it in the first place. And I can go back and show you where one who has claimed to be innocent started it with me. And if you are talking about me getting into another person on here go back and read what I said and what was done by that very same person who claimed to be innocent.
It's always about the other guy. Never mind they don't feel conviction, look at themselves & work out their own salvation with fear & trembling. They're always worried about the other guy, like it's more important that the crowd see him than them.

The other guy's repentance isn't going to cover you, neither is his wickedness gonna send you to Hell.

Projecting guilt on someone else isn't making you innocent, it's digging the hole you're in deeper.

Stop before you end up in China!

Aug 15, 2009

Oh goodness yes, Stephen63. They stand out like sore thumbs. And the attitudes exhibited are what reveals the spirit behind them. Doctrinal differences are one thing, but when the spirit behind the arguments is obviously malicious, whatever doctrine they're pushing loses all credibility.
Malicious is definitely the word I'd use.

Dec 26, 2012

It's always about the other guy. Never mind they don't feel conviction, look at themselves & work out their own salvation with fear & trembling. They're always worried about the other guy, like it's more important that the crowd see him than them.

The other guy's repentance isn't going to cover you, neither is his wickedness gonna send you to Hell.

Projecting guilt on someone else isn't making you innocent, it's digging the hole you're in deeper.

Stop before you end up in China!
LOOK IN THE MIRROR STEPHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You still haven't dealt with your own.

D

danschance

Dan,

Taking it one step further,when one says that a Christian can be possessed taken to it's conclusion one is saying a Christian can be of both the kingdom of light and also the kingdom darkness at the very same time. NO WHERE in the Bible does it ever say we can be both,we are either of the of the light or of darkness but never both.

The bible does say we will have to overcome temptations,Satan's lies,the world and our own flesh but not once can you find we can be part of two kingdoms at the same time. We are either of one or the other not both at the same time.
When people say a Christian can not be possessed, they are half right. We as Christians do have God's protection and blessings when we are doing His will. When we sin and keep on sinning, even in even one area of our life, God won't protect that area of our life. God may even hand us over to satan (1Cor. 5:5) so we can later repent. God has said He will cast out the lukewarm Christian (Rev 3:16) and at that point you have lost his protection.

You claim we can not be in the kingdom of God and the kingdom of satan and it is true we can not serve two masters (Matt. 6:24). We as humans have a big problem called the flesh. Our flesh is at war within us all (Roms.7:23), it desires sin. It led Paul to say "I am the chiefest of sinners.". Everyone here claims to love/serve God and yet at times we chose rebellion and sin. When we chose to sin, who are we serving at that moment? It certainly isn't God.

Demon possession is a sin related condition. If what you say is true, then a demon possessed unbeliever who becomes saved, then the demon(s) taking up residence within that person would have to go. Except we never once see that as a means of getting free from the demonic. The only means of casting demons out is by confronting them.

Aug 15, 2009

LOOK IN THE MIRROR STEPHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You still haven't dealt with your own.
UMMMM.....Yer still doin it........

D

danschance

Malicious is definitely the word I'd use.
That is why God created the ignore button. We all can get upset when others blast away at our pet doctrines. At some point when the anger and hate reaches a certain point, the best option is to disengage that person by clicking the ignore button.

Dec 26, 2012

UMMMM.....Yer still doin it........

My point has been and always been,the very same thing you are accusing someone else you yourself have done and you still refuse to deal with it. You continue on with the "I'm innocent" even when you have been SHOWN you have done the same thing. It's the fact you have the AUDACITY to continue to claim you're innocent. It's you're choice whether you will or will not deal with it. It is NOT me you will have to explain it to. The fact you refuse to deal with it shows me more about your character than anything you will ever say.

D

danschance

Waits the bigger person to say "I am sorry".

Aug 15, 2009

My point has been and always been,the very same thing you are accusing someone else you yourself have done and you still refuse to deal with it. You continue on with the "I'm innocent" even when you have been SHOWN you have done the same thing. It's the fact you have the AUDACITY to continue to claim you're innocent. It's you're choice whether you will or will not deal with it. It is NOT me you will have to explain it to. The fact you refuse to deal with it shows me more about your character than anything you will ever say.
You haven't realized yet if you did what you needed to do, there wouldn't be others to reply to you in the first place. They would have nothing to say.

That means if I'm doing it, I wouldn't have anything to say either. Check-mate.

1still_waters

Another example from a ministry called Elijah's list

They describe themselves as.

I was given a word by a prophet in Texas. He said to me, "You will be connecting the prophets by computer."
The Elijah List - Our History

Like most in the mold, he shows how to break a supposed Jezebel yoke.

Sandie Freed: Breaking the Jezebel Yoke

Almost any emotional state applies.

The Jezebel Yoke: Breaking Free from Bondage and Deception -- by Sandie Freed

The Jezebel spirit is one of the most cunning spirits you will ever face. Its lies are so subtle, and whispered so softly, that you may not even be aware it is slowly binding you, yoking you to itself.

How can you tell if you are yoked with darkness? Among the most common signs that a Jezebel spirit, or its allies, is at work in your life are

confusion
dissatisfaction
perfectionism
fear
anxiety
gossip
legalism
manipulation
Respected spiritual warfare expert Sandie Freed exposes the demonic spirits attempting to control you—and the tactics they will use to try to steal your spiritual birthright. She provides clarity and insight into various ways you may be deceived without even knowing it, and she offers Biblical keys to breaking free.

The Jezebel spirit wants to destroy you. Its deceit and manipulations know no bounds—until you press forward, bind its power, take hold of God's truth and reclaim your divine destiny.
Sells more books when more think they have it.

S

Shiloah

This is what I see, repeatedly. This.

zone

Jun 13, 2010

yes that Jez.
she's quite the busy projection device for those who traffic in the souls of men.

it's stunning, though i'm more used to it now...how many people are willing to go very possibly to hell over this idiocy.

whatevah.

G

GreenNnice

We can cast out demons , we are to do it in Jesus' name, sarasara, you asked about this somewhere and this is but one area of Scripture that speaks this truth. :)

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Jezebel spirits. Annabelle spirits. Josephine spirits. Deadre spirits. Joseph spirits. Augustine spirits. Jerry spirits.

These are just to 'name' a few :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Donkeyfish07

Now that is something I agree is total nonsense. Pointing out a JS is one thing but why is there a need to write an entire book about it?

Ephesians 6:13-18

"[SUP]13 [/SUP]Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. [SUP]14 [/SUP]Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, [SUP]15 [/SUP]and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. [SUP]16 [/SUP]In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. [SUP]17 [/SUP]Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. [SUP]18 [/SUP]And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people."

Poof, there it is......underlined part, that's how you protect yourself from it.....I just saved you guys 10.99....lol

S

Share55

Exactly AngelCakes. Doesn't the 'jezebel spirit' have more to do with rebellion against God?

Jezebel (in the old testament) did dominate her husband, but good ole' king Ahab was kind of a slouch. She was deceitful, evil and rebellious, not against her husband but against God. I always understood that as being the 'jezebel spirit', and that it really had nothing to do with her husband.

I was just going to point that out but sometimes we get way laid by spirits trying to side track the real issue. Jezebel slew all the prophets she could find and did great evil before the Lord. She promoted herself as a prophet which she was not.

Saying the Jezebel spirit was because she domineered over men is minimizing the teaching. Yes you can believe and disbelieve what you like and you can choose to not go into learning the Bible through God led eyes but it is like the denominations that choose to ignore certain parts of the teaching thinking it will go away. I guess that is the reason we have so many people on medications being diagnosed with all types of mental disorders.

I see many people who get prideful about their church drawing bigger crowds (some don't think that they have the only church), some who are musicians who forget they are praising God WITH a congregation and have no thought as to the fact that they have drifted off into self praise. Fallible mankind.

But in all things pray with thanksgiving.

D

danschance

Now that is something I agree is total nonsense. Pointing out a JS is one thing but why is there a need to write an entire book about it?

Ephesians 6:13-18

"[SUP]13 [/SUP]Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. [SUP]14 [/SUP]Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, [SUP]15 [/SUP]and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. [SUP]16 [/SUP]In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. [SUP]17 [/SUP]Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. [SUP]18 [/SUP]And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people."

Poof, there it is......underlined part, that's how you protect yourself from it.....I just saved you guys 10.99....lol

I read what 1still-water wrote and had a similar reaction. King Solomon said "The writings of books, there is no end". People write all sorts of books on all sorts of topics.